Page 5 of 5
jugglingfreak
UnBanned
66 IQ
Quote by SteveHouse
Untwist your shit brah, you're the one refusing to face facts here. The fact that you're not more likely to win the lottery than to have properly-used birth control fail. The fact that stating other wise is a flatout LIE, not HYPERBOLE.

TO SUMMARIZE. Hyperbole:

Lie:

You pic just proves my point. Thanks.

The statement up there "My dad can lift over 2 tons". (actually, any of them) So by your statement, if he can't actually do it, its a lie.

The statement I made was an exaggerated comparison to show they were both highly unlikely events. (The very definition of hyperbole as illustrated by your on pic)

Nice try, thank you for playing..

And you still avoided the question: what is the most likely result of having sex while properly using birth control?
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Nov 4, 2012,
moscaespañol
>alabama
511 IQ
Quote by guitarist41
Possibly. Although the same argument would apply. Minus the occassional attraction.

Except you can't get a dude pregnant.

usually

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
fender_696
UG's Lincolner
1,619 IQ
To Madcap: Do you not think that if a girl dumped you because you weren't any good in the sack, that's the kind of girl you wouldn't want to be committing to anyway?

I find a big part of sex is communication; what she likes, what I like, experimenting etc. And sometimes it grows between two people - it doesn't necessarily start as amazing. And, regardless of what people may say, not being a virgin doesn't exclusively mean you're going to amazing at sex!

The girl I lost my virginity to was a lot more experienced than me and, yes, I was pretty rubbish to begin with, but eventually we found our groove and had great sex (until we broke up).

My current girlfriend and I took some time to get the ball rolling, but that's OK, because it was fun regardless!

I think some people, Madcap in particular, are putting too much emphasis on sex being a make-or-break 'event' at the beginning of the relationship, when it doesn't have to be like that at all. In my experience anyway.

And if it's a one night stand, then who cares?
Last edited by fender_696 at Nov 4, 2012,
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Quote by fender_696
To Madcap: Do you not think that if a girl dumped you because you weren't any good in the sack, that's the kind of girl you wouldn't want to be committing to anyway?

I find a big part of sex is communication; what she likes, what I like, experimenting etc. And sometimes it grows between two people - it doesn't necessarily start as amazing. And, regardless of what people may say, not being a virgin doesn't exclusively mean you're going to amazing at sex!

The girl I lost my virginity to was a lot more experienced than me and, yes, I was pretty rubbish to begin with, but eventually we found our groove and had great sex (until we broke up).

My current girlfriend and I took some time to get the ball rolling, but that's OK, because it was fun regardless!

I think some people, Madcap in particular, are putting too much emphasis on sex being a make-or-break 'event' at the beginning of the relationship, when it doesn't have to be like that at all. In my experience anyway.

And if it's a one night stand, then who cares?
I don't think it would be a matter where the day after it happened, she'd break up with you. But I do think it would be more of a struggle to keep the relationship going. And I think a relationship is more likely to succeed if the guy already knows what he is doing. Yes, sometimes it will still work out if the guy is a virgin, like with your ex-gf. But I've seen it the other way, too.

Is the girl worth commiting to? You'd have to ask the guys who were going for that girl.
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
1,539 IQ
Quote by moscaespañol
Except you can't get a dude pregnant.

usually

Keep trying, mosca. It'll happen someday.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by The Madcap
I don't think it would be a matter where the day after it happened, she'd break up with you. But I do think it would be more of a struggle to keep the relationship going. And I think a relationship is more likely to succeed if the guy already knows what he is doing. Yes, sometimes it will still work out if the guy is a virgin, like with your ex-gf. But I've seen it the other way, too.

Is the girl worth commiting to? You'd have to ask the guys who were going for that girl.

I'm about to turn 18 and a virgin, is there hope!? D:
stef123
2 wrongs make a fight
1,375 IQ
I'm 20 and still haven't lost it yet. It is really starting to depress me.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
slapsymcdougal
Banned
1,961 IQ
Quote by jugglingfreak

The statement up there "My dad can lift over 2 tons". (actually, any of them) So by your statement, if he can't actually do it, its a lie.

The statement I made was an exaggerated comparison to show they were both highly unlikely events. (The very definition of hyperbole as illustrated by your on pic)

And you still avoided the question: what is the most likely result of having sex while properly using birth control?

The problem being, you said event A(winning the lottery) was more probable then event B(pregnancy resulting from a sex act with properly used contraception), when in fact event B is more likely.
Thus, you were wrong.
BeefWellington
UG's Tastiest Dish
262 IQ
Quote by The Madcap
I think it's generally bad to be a virgin in your twenties. I lost mine at 21.

In fact it's usually a bad thing unless you're really religious or something and you're looking for the first prize winner in the ms. chastity pageant.

When I was in high school, girls were losing their virginity at 14 and 15 (I also think that's way too young, but anyways). I didn't even consider having sex at that age. I didn't feel at all ready. As I got older (17-18), I felt more like I wanted to lose it. I'd say 70-80% of girls that age had lost it. But even at that age, for a guy to be a virgin, it's not that bad.

Right around 19-21 is when I noticed it was a bad thing. I wanted to lose it, but didn't because I didn't know how to talk to girls and was a dumbass. I'm still no Don Draper but I can at least be kind of seductive now (I'm 22).

Anyways, I think it's a bad thing to be a virgin at an older age (nowadays older is past 18 and especially twenties). Mainly because most girls you meet (Like 99%) that are your age are sexually active. Most of them have long past the whole "I'm about to lose my virginity" phase of their life. You're not gonna be good the first few times you have sex, and you'll most likely disappoint whoever you first have sex with. There were times where I liked a girl and she liked me back, but I became to scared to make a move because I was 21 and hadn't had sex yet, and I knew she has had plenty of sex. I lost some good opportunities for some serious relationships.

Some girls might be understanding, and they'll try to accept you being a virgin even though you're both in your twenties, but relationships need a physical connection, too, and that physical connection is just as important to girls as it is to guys. I'd even say it's more important to girls than it is to guy's (from my experience). If you can't physically satisfy a girl, it's just not gonna work out.

I also would occasionally adopt the whole "Being a virgin isn't a big deal" mindset, but after I lost it, I realized it was a big deal, and it was much better that I lost it. And the truth it, most guys who say that it isn't a big deal are just saving face for their lack of ability to seduce a girl.

Well don't you just seem to have all us virgins figured out. I was perfectly OK with being a virgin until you started making blanket statements about how 20 year old virgins are either "too scared or unable" to get laid and are "just trying to save face". Is that why virgins get so much stigma? Because we're seen as, in essence, a bunch of pussies?

I've still got the v-plates because I'm a complete idiot. I never notice when a girl is interested in me. Ever. Even when it's screaming me in the face. I'm that oblivious. And on the rare occassion I do, I get cock-blocked. It's more out of sheer bad luck. And by God, do I kick myself for it.

Probably not helped by my crippling inability to approach people, male or female.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Quote by BeefWellington
Well don't you just seem to have all us virgins figured out. I was perfectly OK with being a virgin until you started making blanket statements about how 20 year old virgins are either "too scared or unable" to get laid and are "just trying to save face". Is that why virgins get so much stigma? Because we're seen as, in essence, a bunch of pussies?

I've still got the v-plates because I'm a complete idiot. I never notice when a girl is interested in me. Ever. Even when it's screaming me in the face. I'm that oblivious. And on the rare occassion I do, I get cock-blocked. It's more out of sheer bad luck. And by God, do I kick myself for it.

Probably not helped by my crippling inability to approach people, male or female.
First of all, it sounds like you're unable.

Second, notice I said "most guys who...", not "all guys who..." in the post you were quoting.
Last edited by The Madcap at Nov 4, 2012,
BeefWellington
UG's Tastiest Dish
262 IQ
Quote by The Madcap
First of all, it sounds like you're unable.

Second, notice I said "most guys who...", not "all guys who..." in the post you were quoting.

Fuck you, I'm able.

I did notice you said "most". And to be honest, it's near as makes no difference.

I'm curious as to what exactly made you realise that being without coitus was such a terrible thing.

None of which will work.

Good.

SteveHouse
trys hard, loves the game
798 IQ
Quote by jugglingfreak

Nope, those are all exaggerations, purposefully large specific figures to hammer home the point "a lot".

Nope, the statement you made insinuated that the odds of a condom breaking or a pill failing are more than 1:176,000,000, not in a way to say "The odds are really high!" but in a way that says "this is true."
Thanks!

And you're still refusing to own up to your own mathematical and/or linguistic failures.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Stugg334
Bristolian
368 IQ
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Look, it's always possible that, like mayslash, he's given and got oral from like 8 chicks, and as such is less of a virgin mayslash's friend, who's actually had sex.

There's truth in this. When I lost mine, it was a one-off, lasted a few minutes, and then I didnt actually get laid again for a few months. So I may as well have been a virgin after that - a girl wouldnt have been able to tell the difference.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Quote by BeefWellington
Fuck you, I'm able.
Evidently not, from what I read.
Quote by BeefWellington
I'm curious as to what exactly made you realise that being without coitus was such a terrible thing.
Terrible is too strong a word. But I explained it in a pretty large post which was my first one in the thread. Here's a copy and paste.

Anyways, I think it's a bad thing to be a virgin at an older age (nowadays older is past 18 and especially twenties). Mainly because most girls you meet (Like 99%) that are your age are sexually active. Most of them have long past the whole "I'm about to lose my virginity" phase of their life. You're not gonna be good the first few times you have sex, and you'll most likely disappoint whoever you first have sex with. There were times where I liked a girl and she liked me back, but I became to scared to make a move because I was 21 and hadn't had sex yet, and I knew she has had plenty of sex. I lost some good opportunities for some serious relationships.

Some girls might be understanding, and they'll try to accept you being a virgin even though you're both in your twenties, but relationships need a physical connection, too, and that physical connection is just as important to girls as it is to guys. I'd even say it's more important to girls than it is to guy's (from my experience). If you can't physically satisfy a girl, it's just not gonna work out.

I also would occasionally adopt the whole "Being a virgin isn't a big deal" mindset, but after I lost it, I realized it was a big deal, and it was much better that I lost it. And the truth it, most guys who say that it isn't a big deal are just saving face for their lack of ability to seduce a girl.
Last edited by The Madcap at Nov 4, 2012,
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
Quote by guitarist41
At the time of feel attraction, yes, very much so. Haha. But it fades so qucikly. Plus, as I said earlier in this thread, I really don't want children.

First off, STDs and children are avoidable. So avoidable that they really aren't going to be an issue. The people who get pregnant or STDs are usually not using protection. There are always those who claim they were, but I'm pretty certain they say that to save face. I'm saying this as a guy who's had sex with dozens of women, some of them pretty skanky, and never caught an STD or had a child.

Secondly, if you don't want to have sex, then definitely don't have it. But you should also question why you don't want it. Men have testosterone and want sex. This is a fact. You should definitely start by consulting with a physician because there may be something wrong with you, physically. If you're healthy, then question your logic, because as I said, it's not the norm. If you're not having sex because of some emotional block, then there is something wrong that needs to be corrected.

Lastly, sex isn't the big deal that it's made out to be. You said people don't give you any reasons why, but I have a few. Sex is natural, like eating. Your body desires it(or it should). If someone is starving, or just hungry, they might think of food a lot. They might be consumed with their desire to eat. They might think of food as being the most important thing in their life at that moment. But anyone who is not hungry and who eats on a regular basis will not see eating as a big deal. They might even see it as an inconvenience if they are eating the same things all of the time.

SEX IS THE SAME WAY! It's as big of a deal as eating. And some people might think it's worse because of the risk of STDs and whatnot, but there are risks with eating. You can get sick from not storing or cooking food properly, or from eating expired food. We just learn to deal with these risks because it's part of the process.

If the food analogy doesn't work, then sleeping will. Or even some less natural activities, like driving a car, traveling in a plane, ect.. Sex is really not a big deal. Just use a condom and avoid chicks who look like they probably have something, and you should be good.
SteveHouse
798 IQ
Quote by W4RP1G

Secondly, if you don't want to have sex, then definitely don't have it. But you should also question why you don't want it. Men have testosterone and want sex. This is a fact. You should definitely start by consulting with a physician because there may be something wrong with you, physically. If you're healthy, then question your logic, because as I said, it's not the norm. If you're not having sex because of some emotional block, then there is something wrong that needs to be corrected.

Because it's not "the norm" it needs to be medicated? If it isn't causing him problems then why the hell should he care?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
Quote by SteveHouse
Because it's not "the norm" it needs to be medicated? If it isn't causing him problems then why the hell should he care?

Did I say he needs to be medicated? NO. I said he should talk to a physician about it and find out if there's anything wrong.
BeefWellington
UG's Tastiest Dish
262 IQ
Quote by The Madcap
Evidently not, from what I read.Terrible is too strong a word. But I explained it in a pretty large post which was my first one in the thread. Here's a copy and paste.

I resent your assumption that I unable to acquire sex. Also, I disagree that most guys are simply trying to "save face". Yes, some of them may well be, but I doubt it's a majority.

I also fail to comprehend how a girl would break up with me just because I hadn't ever ****ed anyone before. Yes the whole "underwhelm" thing applies, but to judge the course of a relationship based on that seems somewhat illogical to me. The phrase "practise makes perfect" comes to mind.

None of which will work.

Good.

SteveHouse
798 IQ
Quote by W4RP1G
Did I say he needs to be medicated? NO. I said he should talk to a physician about it and find out if there's anything wrong.

But why do you assume something is physically wrong when someone has non-norm sexual desires? I mean, there's no other hint of clinical distress or functioning trouble here.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Quote by BeefWellington
I also fail to comprehend how a girl would break up with me just because I hadn't ever ****ed anyone before. Yes the whole "underwhelm" thing applies, but to judge the course of a relationship based on that seems somewhat illogical to me. The phrase "practise makes perfect" comes to mind.
They'd be less likely to continue the relationship because they'd prefer a guy who can satisfy them. It's that simple. Sex can be a total game-changer in relationships. I've seen how drastically it can affect relationships. I hate to pull this card, but if you don't understand why, it's because you haven't had sex yet. If anything, it's almost kind of sad how much shit a girl will put up with if the guy can really satisfy them sexually.
Quote by BeefWellington
I resent your assumption that I unable to acquire sex
I assumed because this statement:
Quote by BeefWellington
I've still got the v-plates because I'm a complete idiot.