Page 2 of 3
Doctors, I think we've lost him. There may be no hope.... God rest his poor soul.
Spider Valve sucks a$$.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by paul w1
I think being burnt at the stake is a bit harsh but if that's the rules then so be it. The TH30 is a great amp and has made my ears bleed many times but it's time for a change. I've just seen a Line 6 Spider Valve 112 Tube Amp on e/bay, if it goes for a reasonable price i will try that before i sell the TH30.
I've honestly come to think you're mentally retarded. Seriously.

You ask for advice, get suggestions, then turn around and choose the amp everyone told you NOT to get? Not to mention your reason for downgrading in the beginning was stupid to begin with.

Good thing I didn't chip into this thread. This guy has to be a troll.

Please, do sell your Orange to someone with a much higher IQ level.
I smell troll...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
WTB Orange Amp
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
OP is crazy. Crazy retarded.

Keep the Orange and get a POD. PodHD sounds better than the spider valve.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
No troll intended but you are all of the same opinion that if it's not a straight tube amp then it's rubbish. Loads of people on you tube love the spider tube but you all hate them so i thought the obvious thing to do was to try one, if i don't like it i will sell it on.
Quote by paul w1
No troll intended but you are all of the same opinion that if it's not a straight tube amp then it's rubbish. Loads of people on you tube love the spider tube but you all hate them so i thought the obvious thing to do was to try one, if i don't like it i will sell it on.

You misunderstand. There are some incredibly amazing solid state and digital guitar amps/preamps out there.

THE SPIDER IS NOT ONE OF THEM. LITERALLY SCRAPING THE BOTTOM OF THE SHIT BARREL.

You should listen to someone that made the mistake of buying a Spider.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by paul w1

Biggest problem with the spider or spider valve is that there are lots of better amps available for the same price.

What type of music do you play??? Can you give us some bands? Maybe you can get some real advise then.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Nov 4, 2012,
Quote by paul w1
Kids on Youtube think the MG100 is the greatest amp ever made. Youtube comments are the prime source of all idiocy, and are the last people on this earth to listen to when it comes to gear.

You are making a stupid decision by trading your Orange for Spider. Believe it or not, we all have experience and know quite a bit more than a few "kids on Youtube".
Ok guys they are fair comments and i am listening, we play a variety of music and some of the bands are Beatles, RHCP,Dire Straits,ACDC,Radiohead,Stones,zz top,Guns n Roses you know the kind of thing. So what's out there with onboard effects that can do this stuff Tube or SS.
POD, Vypyr tube.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Yep, I've heard great things about those amps!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
If I was him, I'd buy the TH30. Killer toanz.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
what if you didn't sell the TH30, and just bought a cheap used Vypyr Tube for jamming and the orange for gigs? that may be your best option.

or give me the orange. be a bro.
*has no amp*

Be a super bro. Give me the Orange.

Super bro > bro.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I'm using a cheap 12 watt Orange Crush. Cost me $60. If you're gonna go spend big money on line 6, the least you can do is give your good amps to the rest of us.
I'll give you my Laney for your Orange, and because I'm such a good person I won't ask you for extra cash . How's that?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Well guys you've all been brutally honest with me so i will be with you. Those Vypyr tube amps are one of the worst sounding amps i have ever heard. I just listened to about 12 clips on you tube and they were all total shit. Now they may sound ok in the flesh but i doubt it.
So, you are judging by watching youtube videos? Dude, you deserve the spider, go and get it right now!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by paul w1
Well guys you've all been brutally honest with me so i will be with you. Those Vypyr tube amps are one of the worst sounding amps i have ever heard. I just listened to about 12 clips on you tube and they were all total shit. Now they may sound ok in the flesh but i doubt it.

The Spider sounds even worse. Keep your Orange. It's a good amp.

Tempted to buy a used Rockerverb head myself...
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
The Spider sounds even worse. Keep your Orange. It's a good amp.

Tempted to buy a used Rockerverb head myself...

I think it may come to that.
Again, Youtube clips prove nothing. Some videos with people playing through Marshall MG and Line 6 Spider sound great. But it doesn't mean they are good amps.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Get the Spider if you think it sounds better. We won't judge if you like the sound of it better.

Actually we will judge you. But feel free to ignore us.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Really man, we haven't read a single good argument on why you should get rid of your TH30 (well, except maybe by judging tone by youtube videos).

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
Really man, we haven't read a single good argument on why you should get rid of your TH30 (well, except maybe by judging tone by youtube videos).

True
Quote by paul w1
True

Vypyr is more for high gain sounds and may not be for you. The Vox your friend has isn't band, also the fender mustang is good for cleans and rock.

Personally I would keep the Orange. Get a another amp to complement it, not replace it. You would kick yourself in the dick within a week.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT
Vypyr is more for high gain sounds and may not be for you. The Vox your friend has isn't band, also the fender mustang is good for cleans and rock.

Personally I would keep the Orange. Get a another amp to complement it, not replace it. You would kick yourself in the dick within a week.

Yes as you say the Vypyr is high gain, to me it sounded all fizz and no depth to it. Maybe you are correct about the TH30 that i would regret selling it.
Quote by paul w1
Yes as you say the Vypyr is high gain, to me it sounded all fizz and no depth to it. Maybe you are correct about the TH30 that i would regret selling it.

Vypyr is great in person. If you don't play metal the other modeling amps have a better clean selection. It isn't fizzy in person.

And yes I am correct. You would regret it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
One of the reasons AC30's and JTM45's are still so popular after all these years is that 30W amps can be cranked into power amp distortion without drowning out the drummer. If a TH30 is too loud your drummer is a spider monkey.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
honestly dude you will miss your orange if you sell it, unless it's for a rockerverb or AD30. nothing quite like them out there.

I hadn't even though of the 15/7 watt option. that would completely solve the problem of drowning out a drummer.
If a 30W amp drowns out the drummer it's time to take him out for a nice big steak - and maybe a gym membership.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification