I have always wondered if there was a term for this. Say a song is in Eb Minor and then throughout the whole song, the root is Eb, except for the bridge where they start and end on Ab instead ("changing the root").

It happens in tons of songs, but the example I was just talking about can be heard here: Rise Against - Prayer of the Refugee (At 1:45 they start using Ab as the root)