Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
657 IQ
After making a thread a couple of days ago and doing some of my own research I have narrowed down my choice of delay pedals.

My requirements are that it has tap tempo, and some form of presets that can be changed while playing (without me changing the settings manually, so will need to be foot switchable).

Some of what I found include:

TC Electronic Flashback X4
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Boss DD20

I was also suggested a few others but those were the three that look most appropriate.

My budget is preferably no more than £200, I am willing to go used.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know, the one thing stopping me from going out and buying a Nova Delay is that the presets can't be specifically chosen, they need to be scrolled through. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it really an issue?

Thanks
loki_lulamen
UG's Sound Guy
142 IQ
I have the DD20 and couldn't be happier with it. Though I would suggest getting a momentary footswitch to go with it for tap tempo. Or you have to hold down one of the pedals for 2 secs before it becomes tap.

As for the settings thing. On most foot controlled units you will have to scroll.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
DasFishy
10 IQ
I have a Line6 DL4 and I think it's amazing. It has tap tempo, but only two presets. It also has an amazing looper. You can't use the presets at the same time as the looper, but that's offset by some other really cool functions.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
300 IQ
Timefactor is crazy good, if youre looking into that pricepoint take a look at the Strymon Timeline.

Any particular delay sounds you want to achieve?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.
657 IQ
Quote by Eppicurt
Timefactor is crazy good, if youre looking into that pricepoint take a look at the Strymon Timeline.

Any particular delay sounds you want to achieve?

I only ask because I checked eBay and found one that may be going cheap.

Basically I really like the lead delay sound used by guys like Vai, Satch and Gilmour, but also the slapback kinda thing that Gilbert does in a few songs.

I also want to be able to make some interesting weird sounds.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
300 IQ
Timefactor would be good if you want versatility. Loads of banks, different delay sounds and great switching capabilities (midi etc).
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
kmister
30 IQ
I have an iB modified Nova Delay, and to be quite honest i'm not that impressed with it, if i could turn back time I would pick up 2 Flash backs or new Flashback 4. Presets are a nice add but I don't find myself using this pedal as I had intended and hoped
MM14
Master Baster
60 IQ
Look on musicradar FX classifieds you can usually find some good stuff in there
Buffb
50 IQ
I currently use a hardwire dl8 and it's a nice piece of kit with loads of variables, would look at the mxr carbon copy as well but in all fairness the tc electronic stuff your already looking is supposed to be very good
Ibanez FRM100TR
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Brunetti Star T-Rack 50w
Brunetti 2 x 12 Cab
Cry baby Zack Wylde Wah
Catalinbread Manx fuzz
Catalinbread DLSII
Mxr chorus
Hardwire DL8
Blackstar HT reverb
Bad monkey OD