Page 4 of 5
Quote by Diamond Dave
no, it seems you completely missed the point, but that's OK.

just remember food goes in mouth, you'll be alright.

Oh, you're so clever.

My new list of intellectual influences:

Diamond Dave

Chris Farley

Diamond Dave
Christopher Hitchens
Philip Larkin
Oscar Wilde
Christopher Marlowe
Percy Bysshe Shelley
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Noam Chomsky
Timothy Leary
Terrence McKenna
Eckhart Tolle
Sam Harris

Joe Rogan is pretty cool too but I don't think he really qualifies as an intellectual.

Quote by ErikLensherr
I forgot to mention Ronald Reagan, who had great ideas about American exceptionalism that have been largely borne out by history (winning the world wars, the Cold War, etc.)
Being an American exceptionalist is no better than being a racist.
Last edited by guitarhero_764 at Nov 4, 2012,
This isn't really an actual person, and i ain't crazy for thinking he's smart.

I really do find what he said in the intire movie to be really smart, i wouldn't do what he did though :-/

>_>

<_<

I ani't insane!
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
I've got a theory that psychopaths are just people that are too intelligent to feel emotions.

Don't quote me on that though, its not based on anything.
Quote by guitarhero_764

No name calling in this thread.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Love it or leave it dude.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by guitarhero_764
I've got a theory that psychopaths are just people that are too intelligent to feel emotions.

Don't quote me on that though, its not based on anything.

I think there's also a theory that people with a very very high IQ will be too smart to understand 'social rules', and will be autistic....

Don't quote me on that either, it's also not based on anything.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by ErikLensherr
Love it or leave it dude.
No.

edit: My bad tastytaco, I'm just being a dick.
Quote by guitarhero_764
No.

edit: My bad tastytaco, I'm just being a dick.

It's okay. Know that you'll be in my prayers.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Given the average content of my posts around here...
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by guitarhero_764
What'd you pray for?

That you recognize the contributions of the great men of American history to maintaining your liberty, whether you acknowledge it or not.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by guitarhero_764

Given the fact that its constitution is far more rational and egalitarian than any other country's America is potentially an exceptional country, at least if we assume countries continue to develop based on the values of their constitution.
Ethan H. Anus

Seriously though, I don't believe in any philosopher's ideals to a T, but I do derive some influences from several people including:
Thomas Paine
Karl Marx
Aristotle
Socrates
John Dewey
Jesus
Certain US presidents, all presidents have done things I dislike but I tend to associate with a number of the ideals that TR, FDR, and Carter had.
Richard Dawkins (His explanations on evolution were very easy for me to understand when I was struggling with my beliefs of how the universe works)
Immanuel Kant
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Todd Hart
Given the fact that its constitution is far more rational and egalitarian than any other country's America is potentially an exceptional country, at least if we assume countries continue to develop based on the values of their constitution.
Given that in practice the United States is pretty much the most powerful terrorist entity on the planet, that's kind of a messed up thing to say.
Quote by guitarhero_764
Given that in practice the United States is pretty much the most powerful terrorist entity on the planet, that's kind of a messed up thing to say.

You're an idiot.
Quote by Todd Hart
You're an idiot.
No I just don't understand why people feel the need to suck the US government's dick.

And the constitution was written by a bunch of aristocratic white slaveowners over 200 years ago to defend their privilege. Big ****ing deal, we can do much better.
Nietzsche 'cause after reading his works I came to the realization that all philosophers, politicians, and religious icons are useless. Twilight of the Idols is my favourite coaster.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Last edited by Rust_in_Peace34 at Nov 4, 2012,
Quote by guitarhero_764
No I just don't understand why people feel the need to suck the US government's dick.

I'm not sucking the American government's dick, I don't think I've ever been accused of that before, I'm just not in the mood to put up with reactionary idiots who claim that the American government are terrorists. To do such is simply to castrate the word terrorist.

And the constitution was written by a bunch of aristocratic white slaveowners over 200 years ago to defend their privilege. Big ****ing deal, we can do much better.

I'll say again, for emphasis: you're an idiot.
Quote by Todd Hart
I'm not sucking the American government's dick, I don't think I've ever been accused of that before, I'm just not in the mood to put up with reactionary idiots who claim that the American government are terrorists. To do such is simply to castrate the word terrorist.

i do not believe he is a reactionary
Socrates. Question everything!

I'm not really intellectual though.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by Todd Hart

Okay, #realtalk. The US government has supported groups like the Contras in Nicaragua who are terrorists in every sense of the word.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by ErikLensherr
Okay, #realtalk. The US government has supported groups like the Contras in Nicaragua who are terrorists in every sense of the word.

Funding terrorism =/= being terrorists.
Quote by Eastwinn
i'm pretty sure this is todd's favorite topic. let's deprive him of it

This isn't at all my favourite topic. I don't think I've ever defended the American government on UG before. Hell, the other weeks someone called me on being anti-American or the like.
Quote by Todd Hart
Funding terrorism =/= being terrorists.

Funding and training, and further assisting by illegally mining the harbor (for which we were convicted by the International Court of Justice).

You get caught giving any kind of material support to al-Qaeda and you're going to Guantanamo.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by Todd Hart
If they aren't considered terrorists then the word definitely does lose its meaning.

I'll say again, for emphasis: you're an idiot.
Quote by guitarhero_764

The line bro, don't cross it. Lets keep it civil.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Funding and training, and further assisting by illegally mining the harbor (for which we were convicted by the International Court of Justice).

You get caught giving any kind of material support to al-Qaeda and you're going to Guantanamo.

I'm not saying the American government is perfect. It's done a great deal of ****ed up things, as has every government on the planet. My point is that people who sit behind their desk and complain about how the American government is like, terrorists man! are simply being stupid, and that if any country on the planet is to be exceptional then America is the one with the firmest bedrock on which to build.

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Todd isn't defending actions the US government takes, he merely praised its constitution.

Indeed.

I love how when I criticise America on this forum I get told I'm being a jealous eurofag, and when I praise it I get a sermon on how it has done some naughty things.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Nov 4, 2012,
Todd isn't defending actions the US government takes, he merely praised its constitution.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
And this was all started by Erik's trolling. This is one of many times Erik's trolling has derailed a thread as of late, you people are losing it.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
^hehe
Quote by Todd Hart
I'm not saying the American government is perfect. It's done a great deal of ****ed up things, as has every government on the planet. My point is that people who sit behind their desk and complain about how the American government is like, terrorists man! are simply being stupid.

I think if we can go around calling other countries like Iran "terrorist states" and part of the "axis of evil" and blah blah for supporting Hamas and Hezbollah, it's only fair to hold us equally accountable for our own actions.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
And this was all started by Erik's trolling. This is one of many times Erik's trolling has derailed a thread as of late, you people are losing it.
LOL should've known he was trolling.