amit190
188 IQ
hi there!
does anyone know a nice guitar arpeggios ebook for beginners?
thanks!
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
You should learn how to construct chords/arpeggios for yourself. I find long eBooks with a thousand permutations of the same thing redundant.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
mdc
UG's Mr Chord Man
722 IQ
Quote by amit190
hi there!
does anyone know a nice guitar arpeggios ebook for beginners?
thanks!

You might be jumping the gun a bit. In which case a book on arpeggios will useless.
hamza hashmi
787 IQ
use a chord making tool. totally easy. you can download one, but im sure there are many online chrod tools.
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
do you know what an arpeggio is, TS?
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
griffRG7321
Theory buff
999 IQ
I have an ebook of guitar arpeggios, unfortunately for you, it's in my head.
HotspurJr
191 IQ
Are you limited to ebooks?

The Guitar Fretboard Workbook. Ink and paper, but for good reason.
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante
186 IQ
Quote by hamza hashmi
use a chord making tool. totally easy. you can download one, but im sure there are many online chrod tools.

people like you are going to be the first to go when computers obsolesce humans in making music.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
amonamarthmetal
1,808 IQ
Quote by griffRG7321
I have an ebook of guitar arpeggios, unfortunately for you, it's in my head.

Well then it wouldnt be an ebook now.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
hamza hashmi
787 IQ
Quote by AeolianWolf
people like you are going to be the first to go when computers obsolesce humans in making music.

mankind created computers to reduce their workload. you dont have to memorize long patterns in order to play music these days, you can use the make up time to do more.

Oh and one more thing im fed up with shit like you have to practice 10 hours a day to become a great musician. if technology gives us shortcuts we must use it.
hell its not a training program to become a ninja assasin, its music an art form you can use and shape yourself in anyway possible, by respecting your individuality and taste.
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
It's important to realise there's a point where "reducing your workload" ends and instead becomes "stops you from actually learning things".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
I remember hearing of a study that found that we learn/remember things these days. When we study, we don't store facts in our memory, instead we store the websites where those facts can be found. Efficient, perhaps, until you find yourself without an internet connection.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante
186 IQ
Quote by hamza hashmi
mankind created computers to reduce their workload.

very true. so wouldn't it make sense that the first people to be replaced are those with less knowledge? the computer would be able to obsolesce them first because -- well, you tell me. is it quicker to learn 10 things or 1,000 things?

so your own argument works against you - i advise thinking next time.

Quote by hamza hashmi
Oh and one more thing im fed up with shit like you have to practice 10 hours a day to become a great musician. if technology gives us shortcuts we must use it.
hell its not a training program to become a ninja assasin, its music an art form you can use and shape yourself in anyway possible, by respecting your individuality and taste.

being good at what you do involves being in the peak of your form. don't want to practice to stay there? that's fine, but mediocrity is inevitable. whether you're alright with that or not is another story, and something that isn't my concern. i'm not going to sugarcoat it for you - this is how it works. in fact, i'll use the same wording i used recently -- less practice? fewer results. more practice? more results.

music is neither purely an art form, nor purely a mathematical craft - it is the result of the happy compromise of both. those who think it's either one or the other most often get left in the dust by "shit like me".

so who do you think have been shaped into better musicians? those of us who know and own the information we need to utilize? or those of us who know our craft so poorly that we need the internet to tell us what we're doing?
amonamarthmetal
1,808 IQ
Quote by AeolianWolf
music is neither purely an art form, nor purely a mathematical craft

what do you mean by mathematical craft exactly?
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
Quote by amonamarthmetal

look up schillinger method

or less literally, any asshole who thinks of music in scales and modes or raw input output without the capability or experience of emotional appeal or organic expression
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
Last edited by Hail at Nov 6, 2012,
hamza hashmi
787 IQ
Quote by AeolianWolf

so who do you think have been shaped into better musicians? those of us who know and own the information we need to utilize? or those of us who know our craft so poorly that we need the internet to tell us what we're doing?

the internet isnt telling us what to do, its a mere substitute. this is just like using calculators for solving math problems, heck why should we use calculators to solve math problems in the first place (by what youre suggesting). im just saying its the way of life mankind has always been inventing automated stuff to reduce their workload, so to progress on to things that havent been discoverd.
As for me i know chord construction theory but i wont want to waste my time building them myself, because i can do more important stuff in that time.
Keth
Contrapunctalist
488 IQ
Quote by hamza hashmi
the internet isnt telling us what to do, its a mere substitute. this is just like using calculators for solving math problems, heck why should we use calculators to solve math problems in the first place (by what youre suggesting). im just saying its the way of life mankind has always been inventing automated stuff to reduce their workload, so to progress on to things that havent been discoverd.
As for me i know chord construction theory but i wont want to waste my time building them myself, because i can do more important stuff in that time.

Do you really think you're faster with a website/tool than someone with the knowledge of chord construction? Do you think you're fast enough to keep up with a website/tool in, say, a jamsituation?
amonamarthmetal
1,808 IQ
OP, go to scribd.com and type in "arpeggio"

voila, shittons of arpeggio stuff
Gear:
Schecter KM-6
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
hamza hashmi
787 IQ
Quote by Keth
Do you really think you're faster with a website/tool than someone with the knowledge of chord construction? Do you think you're fast enough to keep up with a website/tool in, say, a jamsituation?

lol ill use my cellphone app.
Keth
Contrapunctalist
488 IQ
Tell me, how long will you do about spelling an A#7 chord in first inversion with that app?

I had it spelled out in my head within 0.2 seconds, not kidding.
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante
186 IQ
Quote by hamza hashmi

okay, then. you can go ahead and use external resources -- the rest of us will be busy utilizing our own skill.

you bring up the analogy of using the calculator - would you advocate using division on a calculator to somebody unable to do division by themselves? you probably would.

by the way - if you really knew chord construction theory, you wouldn't be wasting any time. anyone here worth their salt can build any chord in a matter of seconds. the fact that you refer to it as a waste of time shows me that you do not know it to any satisfactory degree...

...and therefore, you do not own the information.

you're welcome to argue and debate with me as long as you like, but you can't conceal the fact that you're using resources like the ones you're touting to cover up for a marked lack of knowledge and skill. your argument is flawed from its basic logical premise -- i advise you to think it through a little more. as convenient as it is for you to make your points to try to draw attention away from the fact that your understanding is poor, there are still large holes in your argument that i think you should reconsider before debating with me (or pretty much anyone on this forum).

Quote by amonamarthmetal

look at the counterpoint of bach. the symphonies of mozart. the fiery compositions of beethoven. the role of musical form plays a tremendous part in all of those masterworks (and, no, i do not consider a composition with the form of "intro verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus" to be a masterwork of ANY kind in musical form).

outside of form, look at the process by which sound is made - an elementary understanding of acoustics will contain mathematics as complex as a high school trigonometry class.

not to mention the concept of a beat. it's so basic and so fundamental that i won't even discuss it.

math is everywhere in music, and there are a lot of people who would try to get around it and take shortcuts -- and they're the people who end up cut short.

TS, you can do one of two thing to solve your predicament. you can do as i and many others have suggested and learn to create arpeggios - this will allow you to be in complete command of your instrument, and you will be able to create what you need when you need it.

you can also rely on external resources to "save time", and cover up your own misunderstandings.

it all depends on which is more important to you: would you rather be good at what you do? or would you rather seem good at what you do?
J-Dawg158
UG's Resident Dhampyr
154 IQ
I fail to see how:

Brain → fingers → computer → internet → eyes → brain → fingers

is in anyway more efficient than

Brain → fingers

Sure, when learning how to construct chords it would be, but you should eventually wean yourself off of it rather than relying on it. It's one thing to use tools to learn and benefit from, but it's another thing entirely to depend on it as a crutch.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia
54 IQ
Quote by hamza hashmi
lol ill use my cellphone app.

If your cellphone dies that's an inconvenience.
If your brain dies all the apps in the world won't make any difference.
Quote by Hail
oh shut up with that /mu/ bullshit. fidget house shouldn't even be a genre, why in the world would it deserve its own subgenres you twat
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie
1,703 IQ
Yes the brain is faster than Google.

More to the point if you can construct for example major arpeggios, you can do this for every major chord, rather than googling multiple times for different chords and voicings.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
mdc
UG's Mr Chord Man
722 IQ
TS, since you're so fucking lazy, you could always get us to do this for you.

Have fun...