Page 1 of 4
So it's my first visit and post at Ultimate-Guitar for what seems to be a couple of years at least.

Is it that I have become older, or has the community declined massively? I can recall there being at least 700-800 people in the pit at this time of the evening...

inb4 "The pit was always shit"
Back in the day I remember there being a thread like once a week of the Pit having 666 viewers.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yes, there are definitely fewer people on at any one time.

To be fair, I think the old numbers were greatly inflated by guests. And chung.
ningen ningen ningen ningen ningen
Evening? It's 1:30 here in PST.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by mtshark
inb4 war between join years

Says the 09er
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
We weeded out the undesirables.

Sometimes they come back....
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Hydra150
Says the 09er

Hell yeah says the 09er.
We're all alright!
Quote by Mathedes
Hell yeah says the 09er.

Yeah The Pit used to be a lot more active and hilarious.

06-08 master race always and forever

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
I remember the Pit getting really shit around March 2009, and it's been downhill since then.
Quote by Duce180
Most people have switched to reddit. Reddit is huge now.

This.

I've been using UG for at least 5 years and I noticed people float more towards sites like Reddit and 4chan. I guess people like to lurk and not read walls of text.

So pretty much the lack of people is due to (at least I think) people growing out of using the internet to talk about fapping and their bowel movements, they moved on to the "darker" side of the net, or they just stopped going to forums all together.

That and I love Reddit so I go there as well. That and I'm a /b/tard for life.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Quote by Hydra150

Hell yeah! Rage it up on them 09ers! Keep those dirty 09ers in their pla... Oh wait...
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I spend more time here now because Reddit is just a massive left wing circlejerk.

As if The Pit isn't. Didn't we have a token right-wing UGer who was always criticized? I forgot his name.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Hell yeah! Rage it up on them 09ers! Keep those dirty 09ers in their pla... Oh wait...

You traitor!
We're all alright!
All of the necrobumped threads I see are filled with morons, it seems like it used to be really annoying.
@OP: Yeah I had a break from the pit for about 6 years and came back only in the last year or so. It hasn't really changed.

Don't read too much into my join date either guys. I've been here since 2000 and before the great 4chan hack of 2002.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
All of the necrobumped threads I see are filled with morons, it seems like it used to be really annoying.

Yea. The user base was a lot younger and it seems like there was a ton of spam posting and shit. Idk
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Rebel Scum

Don't read too much into my join date either guys. I've been here since 2000 and before the great 4chan hack of 2002.

Prove it.
Yah dates are fuzzy, I am getting old. I posted under a username Yambacon and Gsus_monkey. Email account kept getting hacked so I had to keep changing. Last year I looked for my old usernames but couldn't find them.

However what did happen around that time was 75% of the pit left for 4chan because some popular user(s) got banned and so they hacked UG and left for 4chan. The pit was a desert.
Yes, I've been here since 2001 (I lurked for 9 years). Don't be fooled by my join date. I remember the great YouTube multi of 2003.

But seriously, there was just a surge of users in 2006 (anyone know why?), but most of them probably just grew out of guitar or matured, or got perma'd.

EDIT: ^lol banhammer
Quote by Rebel Scum
Yah dates are fuzzy, I am getting old. I posted under a username Yambacon and Gsus_monkey. Email account kept getting hacked so I had to keep changing. Last year I looked for my old usernames but couldn't find them.

Hate to be that guy*, but have you told the mods about this? You know how they get pissy if you're using a second account without telling em, even if you got a decent excuse.

*I actually love being that guy
Quote by LostLegion
Yes, I've been here since 2001 (I lurked for 9 years). Don't be fooled by my join date. I remember the great YouTube multi of 2003.

I'm also curious about this one, considering YouTube didn't exist until 2005.

Or is that the joke?
Quote by sashki
I'm also curious about this one, considering YouTube didn't exist until 2005.

Or is that the joke?

I'm totes kidding. I don't even lurk on sites, I just join straight away.
Quote by Hydra150
Hate to be that guy*, but have you told the mods about this? You know how they get pissy if you're using a second account without telling em, even if you got a decent excuse.

The accounts don't exist anymore. Neither do my old hotmail accounts. So I'm sure its not an issue.

@LostLegion: There was a surge in accounts because of other sites closing. Not that its one of them but Harmony Central used to be the go to place for tabs. UG became more popular 99/00 for me.
Quote by Hydra150
Says the 09er

Hey now, I've just made a few observations...
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by Metallicaxp
So pretty much the lack of people is due to (at least I think) people growing out of using the internet to talk about fapping and their bowel movements

Please.

Men never grow out of talking about masturbation and bowel movements, in real life or otherwise. And we both know there are no women on the internet.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Yeah things done changed around here. Now I spend my time sitting on my porch rocker smoking my pipe and thinking about the good old days.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Rebel Scum

@LostLegion: There was a surge in accounts because of other sites closing. Not that its one of them but Harmony Central used to be the go to place for tabs. UG became more popular 99/00 for me.

Ah yeah of course. Did anyone here actually originally find the forums before they found the tabs on this site?
Quote by Atomic_Assault
Please.

Men never grow out of talking about masturbation and bowel movements, in real life or otherwise. And we both know there are no women on the internet.

I never said we don't speak of it, we just don't use the internet to do so.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Quote by Metallicaxp
I never said we don't speak of it, we just don't use the internet to do so.

Pffft. You're talking to the wrong internet people.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
You might think that because my join date states 'jan 2011', that I've only been here for 22 months. Do not be fooled! I've been lurking since back in '92. The Pit has been in decline ever since the Great UG Civil War of '02, which of course was brought about because of the FunnyJunk Dispute in 2001, as well as the UG/4Chan war in '98-00. We lost good men those years. Women, too. Yes, women once inhabited the Pit. Of course, 4Chan came back in '02, wanting revenge and they got it. That was the main cause of the civil war.

There was also the Redditian plague of '04, the NewFag Revolution in '06 and the Music Radar War of '95.
RIP Adam
Page 1 of 4