Page 3 of 4
Quote by metal4eva_22
I think that "The Only X" threads should have their own section apart from the pit. Just so they won't clog up all the discussion in newer threads.

Also, YLYL should be reopened since Godhimself is gone.

Fair enough to both points. Plus, smaller community now. We can handle the YLYL thread more easily.
I think the people who spend massively more time on here than they should scare off newcomers.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zombee
I think the people who spend massively more time on here than they should scare off newcomers.

Nah - I'd say those that act like idiots would deter new members.
Quote by Zombee

Quote by MH400

-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Nov 17, 2012,
Quote by metal4eva_22

I just have to ask. Genuine question in a genuine non judgmental way... but....

Ponies. Please explain why.
Quote by MH400

Genuinely entertaining show(Plenty of humor meant specifically to go over the kid's heads and keep parents engaged and entertained helps) + very nice animation quality + groovy fan community, barring some nutcases like most fan communities + creators who have actually openly acknowledged the unintentional demographic, from online postings to in-show nods.

Also I'd be lying if I didn't admit being cute as hell helps too.

On a more on-topic note though, I'd really love to see YLYL back, it was one of the highlights of The Pit to me, and it's a shame it's not allowed anymore.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by MH400

I watched the show and thought it was pretty good. At first, a lot of the bronies creeped me out, but I later came to see that there are some good aspects to the show and corresponding fandom. The UG pony thread seems alright and as I look around I'm starting to see that the creepy guys are the minority. I actually don't know why. I guess it's a matter of personal taste
Quote by MH400

You don't agree? There are those few elitist douchebags who cruise the boards expecting name recognition deterring a lot of regulars I know from straying anywhere outside the "only" threads and the like.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Hard to decline from the bottom. The only thing I noticed is that now instead of the top song on the Top 100 being stairway to heaven and other classic rock songs right below it like when I joined, it always is some pop song I haven't heard of before.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by cho0onger
Yeah The Pit used to be a lot more active and hilarious.

06-08 master race always and forever

The small text is the correct text.

The Pit is nothing compared to what it used to be.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Zombee
You don't agree? There are those few elitist douchebags who cruise the boards expecting name recognition deterring a lot of regulars I know from straying anywhere outside the "only" threads and the like.

I know what you mean, I just avoided them when I was starting out on the site.
Don`t go into only threads either cause I don`t like jumping into conversatons, plus I feel like an outsider since they mostly know each other pretty well. (Atleast in the ones I look at anyway.)
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Nov 17, 2012,
i think we should post more interesting news we find on the internet. or cool apps or things like zooming in space. but people seem to post less interesting threads.
The pit has its ups and downs, but this is definitely an up. A lot better than the "step a toe out of line and get banned" days
Quote by CoreysMonster
The pit has its ups and downs, but this is definitely an up. A lot better than the "step a toe out of line and get banned" days

I remember those dark, dark days.
Me too, got banned for a double post back then. Just one. Wasn't sure who I was more upset with the mod or the user that reported a lone, single, double post, or myself for my terrible sin.

There's a difference between rehabing a user and thinning out the ranks because you can.

I guess I learned my lesson, though, if that was the intention of the ban. But the sheer point of it almost made me go somewhere else.

Things are a lot better here now, I think.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by mystical_1
Me too, got banned for a double post back then. Just one. Wasn't sure who I was more upset with the mod or the user that reported a lone, single, double post, or myself for my terrible sin.

There's a difference between rehabing a user and thinning out the ranks because you can.

I guess I learned my lesson, though, if that was the intention of the ban. But the sheer point of it almost made me go somewhere else.

Things are a lot better here now, I think.

...Banned for double posting? What the ****.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I mean seriously, what.

Quote by Zombee

are we still talking about the pit? cause i don't think i've ever seen this. or at least it's not apparent to me.
I originally came here for guitar tabs back when I was 14 or so. Joined in '08, I believe.

I haven't touched a guitar in probably 3 years.

XAVIEDIT: Considering the link in my sig is over two years old, I'd say I definitely haven't been here in a while.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Carmel's reign of terror was horrible. Actually, now that I remember how bad it used to be, how it is right now doesn't seem so bad.
Too many "the only" threads in my opinion. Or maybe i'm to old and like different things who knows.

I used to love arguements in political threads because that's how i learnt point of views.
Quote by LostLegion
We don't need a YLYL thread. That is pretty much the FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Thread now.

Even so, it's not YLYL. People know and miss YLYL. I'm sure most people realize FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU is now an "underground YLYL", but can't we finally make a new, REAL YLYL since (1) Godhimself is gone, (2) Carmel seems to finally be gone, and (3) it's been like 2+ years since we've had one?

What mod do I need to talk to , to make this happen?
Carmel's not gone, she posted in the footy thread last week.

When did the YLYL and hot chicks thread get deleted by the way?
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Quote by jumi1174
Even so, it's not YLYL. People know and miss YLYL. I'm sure most people realize FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU is now an "underground YLYL", but can't we finally make a new, REAL YLYL since (1) Godhimself is gone, (2) Carmel seems to finally be gone, and (3) it's been like 2+ years since we've had one?

What mod do I need to talk to , to make this happen?

Just PM a Pit supermod
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by MH400
UG has obviously declined, but I've been here for almost 5 years, have UGers on my Facebook, met UGers etc. It honestly feels like a community.
Yo dat's my main goal in modding. To foster that kind of environment.

You dick.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Yo dat's my main goal in modding. To foster that kind of environment.

You dick.

Well you're doing a good thing, then.

+ I'll take that as a compliment?
Carmel lurked my profile last week outta nowhere.

Scary.

And it's stupid to not join in the Official threads just because you feel like an outsider.

The official threads are there so that people with the same thoughts can discuss it in one place together instead of them all being single'd out.

It's a lot easier to ask a computer problem in the Computer Thread than make a thread about it and recieve shit tons of shitposts from users who don't know anything.

And bannings are more lenient now.

All of my bans in the past have been for retarded things like posting immediately after someone reports a thread.

Or for making a thread that creeped insecure people out.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by MH400
Well you're doing a good thing, then.

+ I'll take that as a compliment?
Yes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by jumi1174
Which ones are the supermods?

the blue ones
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by jumi1174
Out of theguitarist and Nelsean, who do you think would be more "allowing" (for lack of a better word)...?

Nelsean.