Hey guys, My name is Jacob and I'm new to ultimate guitar. This topic is not an intro as such but more of an opportunity for veterans of UG to offload their experience or possibly even rant about the problems of UG; specifically in newcomers.

I've been looking for a guitar / music based forum for a while and finally decided to settle on UG knowing probably it's one of the most resourceful and stable. My question to you is, what do I need to know as a newcomer?

I'm aware that they're are loads of pinned topics with FAQs and things of that nature but I want to hear it from the people, what does it take to actually fit in here?

Every forum has it's own subculture of things what not to do and little inside jokes only regular users will understand etc so what advice can you give me as a potential regular user of the site and secondly, what do you hate in newcomers so I can hopefully avoid it.
Just lurk before you post, you'll get the picture.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
Just lurk before you post, you'll get the picture.

This.

You'll be fine man.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in