What kind of bridge do you have on your guitar? String-thru guitars NEED those ends, but they should be removed for double-locking trems .
Not scissors, you need wire cutters. You will seriously mess up your scissors on the low E.

EDIT: Read this thread, it should help: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
Last edited by gorgthemeatpile at Nov 9, 2012,
Quote by CommanderMeaty
thanks for the help

No problem, floating bridges can be a PAIN to deal with and that thread is incredibly helpful.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
I hate restringing floating bridges. If this is your first time restringing it (and I'm guessing it is), I'd go to a guitar tech or someone who knows how to do it and get them to show you. The thread mentioned before is great, but seeing someone do it up close and having them explain it and being able to ask questions will help you more that the thread.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
When I string my guitars (all have floyd's) I usualy just string it backwards (ball end at the headstock. Cut the plain ends off a litte behind the wraps. Iv never had an issue with strings breaking or any kind of stability issues. Works for me.