Iommianity
70 IQ
As far as big rock albums, it and the new Deftones are easily my favourites of the year. King Animal has a few tracks I didn't care for (namely Halfway There), but it's the perfect follow up to Down on the Upside. By Crooked Steps, A Thousands Days Before and Blood on the Valley Floor are up there with my favourite Soundgarden songs. They made this SG fanboy happy, especially one who was ****ing worried by Live to Rise.
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
10 IQ
Thread seems a bit unnecessary but whatever. Ben kicks all kinds of ass on this one, on their older stuff it was honestly just occasional that his playing stood out and added to it but here he really does a lot for each track.

Especially Rowing
devideva
UG Newbie
40 IQ
I will be picking up new Deftones tomorrow. I like a few tracks off this LP so far. They are striving for some unique time signatures and instrumental interweavings.
frankv
Her?
281 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Thread seems a bit unnecessary but whatever. Ben kicks all kinds of ass on this one, on their older stuff it was honestly just occasional that his playing stood out and added to it but here he really does a lot for each track.

Especially Rowing

Agreed so much on Ben! It sounds like he was all "FUCK YEAH NEW ALBUM LET'S ROCK THIS SHIT!!!!" for pretty much the entire songwriting process.

It's a very nice change from the apathetic music I've been listening to a lot.
Zerath
Tab Contributor
161 IQ
Considering that he said he was broke a couple of years ago, he probably really wanted to make it the best record it could be .
├Žnimic
Danny Carey's Third Eye
10 IQ
The album didn't stick to me the first time through but I gave it time and I can safely say this album kicks ass on so much levels. It is definitely a true Soundgarden album.

Personally I prefer By Crooked Steps, Blood on the Valley Floor, Eyelid's Mouth, Taree and Non-State Actor. Overall, it's a great album and exceeds my expectation (which was pretty high to begin with and the soundcloud album leak did little to make me excited cause the tracks were too compressed).

And that solo on Rowing is just what I really waited for in the whole album. There seems to be a lack of solos in this album cause I always look forward to the weirdness of the solos each time. But there are other things going on for each track. Namely BEN SHEPERD ON KICKASS MODE.
helltothee
Idiot
40 IQ
It's brilliant! Lives up to their name.

Quote by FryingNemo
I saw Satan one day
He looked kinda gay
The bible hates gays
So Satan I shall slay
Amen.