TechIndustrial
307 IQ
Hello, first of all I did a search and couldn't find any relevant tutorials. I'm looking into how to go about making guitar soundscapes only using VST's so no mics involved. So far I only have a few generic reverb/delay VST's that are not proving to be very effective, so I'm after a list of preferably free VST's that will help me achieve this. Then there is of course the matter of being able to use these effectively. Now while I will be doing a lot of trial and error to find my own sound, if anyone knows of any tutorials they can share with me it would make my life a little bit easier.

Thanks in advance.
chatterbox272
1,237 IQ
Not entirely sure what you're meaning by soundscapes but after a quick google search what I understand is you're trying to get a more 2 dimensional spread of sound rather than just the 1 dimensional left/right pan. Reverb and EQ will help a fair bit with this if done well, as things further away from you will generally have more natural reverb, and the top frequencies will start to roll off. Using a very slight delay with the dry signal turned right down could also help to simulate the distance between two things on the same line (~1/345th of a second per meter is the real life distance.)
Maybe have a look at AG-Works CH-2 Chorus? that has some pretty good dimensional spreading options.
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,559 IQ
Do you use an emulator? Usually you can split channel them, and add seperate revebs/delay one each one.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
TechIndustrial
307 IQ
Quote by EpiExplorer
Do you use an emulator? Usually you can split channel them, and add seperate revebs/delay one each one.

what do you mean by emulator?
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,559 IQ
Quote by TechIndustrial
what do you mean by emulator?

You know, a program that generates a guitar tone, like Pod Farm, Guitar Rig, Amplitude, Overloud, Revalver etc.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american