Page 1 of 2
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
So I bought myself an MIA Charvel.

But I think it's the wrong shape?

I have never seen a Charvel like this before, is it legit?
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Last edited by JustRooster at Nov 11, 2012,
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
Send it to me and I will check for you...........

HNGD Tom
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
Dammit Tom! Stop buying stuff! You obviously have way too much money and should send some to me. I can totally make it worth your while

Seriously, looks like a beast, HNGD!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
Supernaut2k
Blackmore Worshipper
64 IQ
So you just bought the guitar even though you had suspicions of it being a fake?
leigh596
Gaming and Guitar
1,910 IQ
May just be made of spare parts, charvel neck, random tele body and a floyd
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
leigh596
Gaming and Guitar
1,910 IQ
Yeah i was about to say, i looked it up and it should be legit
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist
2,250 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
That is the exact guitar I used to have. Ridiculously fast neck. I miss that guitar.

I also used to have that guitar, and I have the same feelings about selling it
Soccerguy
Bloo
665 IQ
I have tonnes of storage space if you ever need to hold some of these beautiful pieces of ass somewhere like in my hands...

HNGD!
-Ed-
The Thing Upstairs....
668 IQ
Just got your student loan Tom?

HNGDv2
jjfeu662
Celestia
1,996 IQ
It's either a heavily modified Route 66, or a Charvel neck on whatever tele body that comes with 2 humbuckers.

EDIT: Or that San Dimas.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
randomhero93
Refined Knowledge
707 IQ
So... are we letting this run it's course or do we tell the newbies and oblivious about the "Tom DeLonge" thread.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Quote by randomhero93
So... are we letting this run it's course or do we tell the newbies and oblivious about the "Tom DeLonge" thread.

Yeah its not a fake, just felt like I had to be a div...

Long story short, I got this a few weeks ago, its a Type 2 San Dimas, its made in america and its very nice, though it wont be around for long as it was more a passing fancy, though I can say the build quality is 100% top notch and the sound is huge.

The neck is also one of the nicest I have ever played, smooth and fret work is done to perfection. They are a great buy when you think of the quality of the parts.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
very nice
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Lol well what I mean is I bought this with the intention of selling it.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Perverockstar69
3,494 IQ
Sell it to me!!!!!!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Laney LC15R
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Gibson SG Standard
LTD Viper-500
Catalinbread Ottava Magus
Jim Dunlop CFH
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
You should keep that you dummy.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Mmmmmm I would if my Suhr didn't blow my mind every time I touch it.

This is a great guitar but I am just not bonding with it.... We shall see
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
Tom, myself and the other guy in this thread had one. We both sold it, and we both wish we never did. That neck is absolutely fantastic. Keep it.

Quote by EyeNon15

BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪
514 IQ
I have a few of those fakes myself and they are getting a lot harder to come by. Unless you're going custom shop those are the last USA Charvels you will ever see..
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
Mmmmmm I would if my Suhr didn't blow my mind every time I touch it.

This is a great guitar but I am just not bonding with it.... We shall see

The suhr will be gone in a month.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Greg, the Suhr really isn't going anywhere. It was an early graduation gift.

Quote by BobDetroit
I have a few of those fakes myself and they are getting a lot harder to come by. Unless you're going custom shop those are the last USA Charvels you will ever see..

Are they really? I knew the MIJ stuff had been discontinued but I didn't think that was it for good?
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy
1,873 IQ
HNGD!

I'm actually really jealous.

How often do you actually keep the guitars that you buy?
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
Are you going to swap out the pickups, or keep the stock? That's guitar's got a lot of versatility.

Quote by EyeNon15

H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Nice Charvel.

I'm sure whoever you sell it to will be in love. Make sure they can play Ratt though
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
Greg, the Suhr really isn't going anywhere. It was an early graduation gift.
Are they really? I knew the MIJ stuff had been discontinued but I didn't think that was it for good?

wait.

you got a gift before graduation?

so now you don't need to finish school right?

Quote by Roc8995

Quote by JustRooster
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
wait.

you got a gift before graduation?

so now you don't need to finish school right?

I do.

I'd like to live to 23
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Quote by Charvel1995
HNGD!

I'm actually really jealous.

How often do you actually keep the guitars that you buy?

Thanks mate.

I keep some just not always for very long. I mean it depends, a lot of people just don't seem to get that I enjoy buying and selling guitars.

Then you get guys like Greg who know what I am like and enjoy taking the piss
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
4,127 IQ
Ha, was wondering how long it'd take you to flog it on again

I completely sympathise, hence why it's one of the ones I was keenest to sell. Lovely guitar in every way but something about it never really gelled with me so it just gathered dust while my cheap-'n'-cheerful MIKs got nightly abuse.

Give it another little go, might as well see if something clicks. No need to rush, it's not like you can fail to make a profit anyway
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ

Its awesome, had the neck off today to get it tweaked to where I prefer.... Complements the Suhr quite nicely though, interesting how different they sound ignoring the fact they are made from the "same" stuff.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
Tom's a butthead and ignored all my posts.

Quote by EyeNon15

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
Are you going to swap out the pickups, or keep the stock? That's guitar's got a lot of versatility.

Only just saw this :p

Not sure, the stock ones are decent and to be fair my amp isn't really good enough to justify it.

However, it really cleans up sweetly on the neck just through dialing back the volume.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
Then you get guys like Greg who know what I am like and enjoy taking the piss

Quote by Roc8995

Quote by JustRooster
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ

So.... It's been a week and I can be bothered to make the effort to do a slightly more informative post about the guitar.

It's a Charvel San Dimas T2. It's made in America, has a SD JB and 59 pickup set. I believe it's an OFR but it may be a Korean one, I am not sure.

The guitar and I have spent some serious time together, it's had more playing time this week than my Suhr as I try and to decide if its a keeper or not. It's been a rather easy decision. It's a keeper. The main reason why is the neck.

It's just brilliant, it's practically the same as the GG profile on my Modern, except its a hair thinner and not as well finished. Despite this, the care and attention is flawless with the smooth raw maple comparable to the quality of the EBMM JP6 necks. The medium frets and brilliant radius match up to a very old school traditional feeling guitar that is as easy to play as the average strat. The fret work is very good, on par with the usual MIA Stuff, well finished, neat and smooth. The neck has a very nice worn in feeling and I know I said it is effortless, but it really is. It's only showing me how I really am a sucker for a maple board. The 22 frets is nice as t means I still have a guitar with a 'proper' sounding neck pickup. For nice lead tones it has to be 22 IMO when using the neck position. Which also means its a good excuse to keep t as a companion to my Suhr.

I am not as keen on te Tele body shape, even with the contours it is still a bit old fashion, but is is light weight and incredible resonant, even with the floyd. The pickup rings detract from the clean look and I would prefer direct mounted, but that's only if I was feeling really picky. The Duncan's are far better the I expected, fat and fairly middy with a nice bit of umph behind them, if my Suhr is biting and articulate, this is slightly fatter and has more of a drawl to its sound. It's dirty and uncouth and great fun.

The trem is good, it's non recessed, but still floating (just) so it's the usual floyd issues which don't phase me at all, it works well and I have only had to tune it once since I restrung it. So no complaints there.

I will be keeping this, it's great fun, cost me next to nothing (£200) and will allow me to laugh at future generations who get stuck buying Mexican and Chinese charvels who won't know what they missed.

Is it the best guitar ever? No. It pales in comparison to my Suhr or departed Gibson/J Custom. But it also cost about 80% less than its companion and is perfect for playing and just dumping and not having to worry about the usual bumps and scuffles that befall a 'players' guitar.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Nov 18, 2012,