davidrf
UG Newbie
366 IQ
Struck by GAS, I was searching for a new Stratocaster Classic Player '60, then I stumbled upon a guy who wanted to sell his 2011 American Standard (still brand new with stickers and all the candy sealed!) at 700€, that is as much as paying 650-700$ in the U.S.

I was initially skeptic, since the price seemed too good for a guitar that was just as new as any you can find in a store. The guy lives less than 40 miles from me, so I decided to go and take a look... and I got back with my new American Standard

Here's some pics I've taken yesterday when I bought it and today... I'm sorry but they dont' do justice to this beauty AT ALL:

When I still didn't have it I was planning to change the pickguard with a tortoise one, but now that I've actually seen the guitar I decided to keep the original white pickguard. It's just beautiful.
Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature | Fender Telecaster Standard | Breedlove Discovery Concert CE Sunburst | Squier Jaguar Vintage Modified Bass Crimson Red
JesusCrisp
UG's Jesus
1,621 IQ
HNGD!

LOVE white Strats.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
drying out
797 IQ
very nice
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
It's a beauty!

Mine's an Olympic, yours looks Whiter, almost like an Arctic. But I'm sure that's the light.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

davidrf
UG Newbie
366 IQ
Quote by Mephaphil
It's a beauty!

Mine's an Olympic, yours looks Whiter, almost like an Arctic. But I'm sure that's the light.

Exactly, when I shoot most of those pics it was a bit cloudy, kind of "cold" light. It's a proper Olympic White

BTW if you watch the third and fifth pics closely you can tell the body is way warmer than the pickguard
Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature | Fender Telecaster Standard | Breedlove Discovery Concert CE Sunburst | Squier Jaguar Vintage Modified Bass Crimson Red
Last edited by davidrf at Nov 11, 2012,
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Ahhh so this is the freaking jewel? You weren't wrong!

I hated the neck on mine, had it oiled, sanded, polished etc but don't like the lower frets Fender have and with rosewoods when I bend I really felt the fretboard giving me resistance. I don't get it on maple and don't get it on Gibsons because the frets are higher and the fretboards grain is very tight. Maybe its just me though lol.

My store swapped the neck for a maple. Much happier now
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Last edited by Mephaphil at Nov 11, 2012,
davidrf
UG Newbie
366 IQ
Then I must be very lucky, because the rosewood on my Standard feels a lot smoother and faster than the maple on my Special! I was really surprised, I have to admit!
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
People noticed what I meant when I brought it into the store but said that's what a rosewood feels like. To me it was like fingers scraping on a chalk board.

You gonna keep this stock then? Perfect for Hendrix
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

davidrf
UG Newbie
366 IQ
Quote by Mephaphil
People noticed what I meant when I brought it into the store but said that's what a rosewood feels like. To me it was like fingers scraping on a chalk board.

You gonna keep this stock then? Perfect for Hendrix

Yes I'm gonna keep it stock for now The perfect pups for Hendrix would be the Custom Shop '69 or the 57/62, but I think the ones I have will do quite good, too.

Anyway, my dream would be my guitar with an ebony fretboard, but they just don't do it if not in some special custom shop run
Last edited by davidrf at Nov 11, 2012,
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
7,261 IQ
Yes.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Sweet.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.