hey guys

I was looking on Kijiji and found a used SM 57 in good condition for $60. I would be using this mic for recording vocals and acoustic guitar for my folk music. Is this mic gona do what I need?
It will, but if those are your two main sound sources, a large diaphragm condenser would be WAY better. You can swing a halfway decent one used in the $100 USD range.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
If $60 is top of your budget then go for it. It'll do what you want. If you can go a little higher look for an LDC, as Sid said. It will sound a bit nicer if you get a decent one
An MXL 990/991 bundle would do you much better for those sources (and I generally dislike both mics), and can be found at a similar price range used.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
An MXL 990/991 bundle would do you much better for those sources (and I generally dislike both mics), and can be found at a similar price range used.

Hell, you can find them new bundled together $70 shipped on eBay. Though at that point you're getting into the price range of a used AT2020 and those are miles better than the overpriced paperweight they call the MXL 990
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Hell, you can find them new bundled together $70 shipped on eBay. Though at that point you're getting into the price range of a used AT2020 and those are miles better than the overpriced paperweight they call the MXL 990

the AT2020 is $62 new on amazon at the moment
Quote by seljer
the AT2020 is $62 new on amazon at the moment

Even better. I usually don't check amazon since eBay is the same or cheaper
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Always choose a new mic over a used one - you never know how who's spit is in the used one...

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud