Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum but here goes...

So I've been on this forum for a few days now and one thing I'm struggling to figure out is friend protocol so to speak. I've talked to people in the forums but I don't know if it's inappropriate to send friend requests or not. At the same time I don't want to have no friends on here and I don't know anyone who uses Ultimate Guitar. What exactly is the situation for making friends on here?

P.S. Anyone who wants to add me as a friend upon reading this feel free. I'm not in a position to say no
I have one friend, and I can't even remember under what circumstances I decided to friend him/ he decided to friend me. It was definitely after a PM conversation though, I don't just go and decide to add people. Their loss.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
If someone seems cool, just add them. The worst that can happen is they'll decline.

I'll send ya a friend request.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
How dare you even suggest such a thing.

Kidding, the friends thing doesn't even mean anything anyway. I only have 4 despite posting here like crazy for almost a year now (Jesus, what happened) and I probably didn't have the first one til a couple months ago.

Honestly. I have no clue how that shit works. I don't even know how all that message/profile stuff works. I think I might have been on there like 5 times. I don't even look at people's usernames. I just post in threads. The rest is just, too much technology lol

And I already have Facebook. Which I hate.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
You're looking way too far into this.

Just post around, be yourself, and people will come to/on you. Establish some friendships and either you add them or they will add you. Or you can just add people you find interesting.

I accept friend request from anyone usually. Don't often send them though unless it's somebody that I'm PMing or profile commenting quite a bit
Good question - I have never really known. Don't think I've ever added anyone on here.
Quote by Minkaro
The friends thing on here is pretty pointless. I stripped my profile right down a few months ago, took all the photos, blogs and friends off it because there's just no reason for it to be there.

Hello marmot.
You send them friend requests and then never talk to them again unless it is in the forums. Or you know, just add them and talk to them like a normal person.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by whoomit
I'll accept your request in the morning when I'm on my computer

Thanks.
Thanks to everyone for adds and acceptances. I feel like less of a loser though nothing can really make me totally not one
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
You're looking way too far into this.

Just post around, be yourself, and people will come to/on you.

I wish my posts were so exciting people would come on me.
Quote by Minkaro
That's not even close

At least go for ferret or weasel.

... Also, let's not forget - let's *not* forget, Minkaro - that keeping wildlife, an amphibious rodent, for uh, domestic, you know, within the city - that aint legal either.

Quote by boulangerie.mcd
Thanks.
Thanks to everyone for adds and acceptances. I feel like less of a loser though nothing can really make me totally not one

Add an avatar and a signature. Spice things up! Make yourself have a "face" and a "personality", because many of us here will recognize avatars and sigs before usernames. =]

Quote by Kytokinesis

NO< YOU REALLY DONT> STICKY KEYS WILL NEVER TURN OFF>
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Nov 14, 2012,
Maybe you don't know how to socialize but just discard this friend protocol nonsense. There's nothing to it. Send a friend request to someone you think you might get along with. No need to over analyze things.
Quote by Kytokinesis

I can do that if you want
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
idk half of my friends, all I know is everyone of them added me to try and establish a sexual relationship.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Nov 14, 2012,
Quote by metaldud536
Maybe you don't know how to socialize but just discard this friend protocol nonsense. There's nothing to it. Send a friend request to someone you think you might get along with. No need to over analyze things.

Thanks for the advice. I am just unsure because I have never used a forum before and English is not my mother language so sarcasm and tone are difficult to gauge, which makes it difficult to judge people's reaction to me, positive or negative.
Quote by Duffman123
idk half of my friends, all I know is everyone of them added me to try and establish a sexual relationship.

It's probably the promise of endless thrusting. What woman could resist? Did they try or succceed?
Quote by boulangerie.mcd
It's probably the promise of endless thrusting. What woman could resist? Did they try or succceed?

Mostly men, hairy bearded men.

I'm not complaining.
Quote by Duffman123
Mostly men, hairy bearded men.

I'm not complaining.

Why don't men add me to try and have sex with me? I can't get friends, I can't get men, when will I get my turn?
Quote by boulangerie.mcd
Why don't men add me to try and have sex with me? I can't get friends, I can't get men, when will I get my turn?

I told you to send me filthy pictures of you, but no you send pictures of your mother instead
Quote by Duffman123
I told you to send me filthy pictures of you, but no you send pictures of your mother instead

Well I wanted you to know what I'd look like in twenty years time. I was in it for the long haul till you left me
Quote by adamgur96
Quote by Kytokinesis

I can do that if you want

Trying to steal my job eh?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
I have like 4 friends on here, two of which I know in real life. So I don't really hold the friend system here to much value.

And as my most despised enemy said, add yourself an avatar, title, sig, etc. They are the big identifiers in this forum. Every now and then a couple of us will change our avatars to fit some theme, and for a dew days we wonder around like a fish just thrown back in the water.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Nov 14, 2012,
Quote by Ometh
Trying to steal my job eh?

I learned it from you
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Quote by Minkaro
She's been banned <_<.

lul

Too bad she didn't see our advice. Then again, if she was banned from multies, maybe she has.

Maybe she has..
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Page 1 of 2