jumpnjax
949 IQ
hey guys im looking into a new tube combo amp.. i love the fender super-sonic, but it's too expensive.. however, the fender tone in general really impresses me.. i like the bright, trebly sound.. and i was looking at a hot rod deluxe 3. but are there other amps or amp companies that have a fender amp tone to them? and on a side note, what about a bugera v22/55 or a marshal haze series? cheers
loki_lulamen
UG's Sound Guy
862 IQ
Stay away from the marshall haze. not good amps.

people seem to hate on the bugeras for some quality control issues but they seem to have gotten better.

fill this out and we will be able to help more.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
bassmastamitch
Isn't good at bass
1,412 IQ
Quote by loki_lulamen
people seem to hate on the bugeras for some quality control issues but they seem to have gotten better.

Not as many quality issues with the Vintage series as far as I've heard.

You could snag a Super Sonic for around $750. Or a Hot Rod Deluxe for under $500. Used, of course.
EncoreBlade
2,747 IQ
I had the Fender Blues Jr, which you could probably find used on Craigslist for maybe $250-$300. If you find it stock, replace the tubes and speakers and you should be all set (you don't have to, but it'll add a nice touch to a good amp). Not sure if you were looking for two channels, as this amp is only one channel. But its 15 watts and has a good amount of headroom. I usually used od pedals to get my drive sounds and this amp reacts quite nicely with pedals.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater