Well, i have two guitars. A Gibson Les Paul, and a Fender Stratocaster.

My strat has a mini humbucker in the bridge, and normal single coils in the middle and neck position.

What i was wondering is; should i change back to a normal single coil in the bridge? To get the standard strat tone again.

The reason i changed pickups in the first place, was because i could not afford another guitar at the moment, and that was the only guitar i had, and wanted to be able to play song that sounded better on a humbucker. But now that i have a Les Paul, which I've had for 2 years, i don't really NEED that humbucker tone from my strat.

I'm a really big fan of bands/artist like Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Mayer and Jimi Hendrix. And all of those uses a strat.
So you want it to sound like a standard Strat again? So yes, you should put the old pickups back in.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

That's the problem, I'm not sure if I want to. I'm considering changing back to the standard strat tone. I can't make up my mind!
If you don't need the humbucker tone then there's little point in having it. Compared to the sound/tone of a LP I personally would go back to the single coil on the strat so you have the option of a more twangy sound.
so you want US to decide if YOU want to change back to a single coil? in that case i say change it back. I mean why not? Can you think of any reasons not to?
anything better thn putting sand in that hole
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
IMO strats suck, but the original of anything is the best, so change back.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by jjfeu662

That's an enlightened comment.

TS. Might as well have as much variety as possible, right? If you want options then grab the single coils and whack them back in.

My Strat, which is awesome, is humbucked with split coils, would that appeal to you? It's generally really cheap for guitar techs to do.

Then you have even more options!
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Why not? You're never gonna get that gnarly Jimi bridge pickup tone with a humbucker - INCLUDING one that coil splits (yes, I know he sometimes used Flying Vs, SGs, etc. but I'm talking about his signature tone on songs like Voodoo Child). Plus you have an LP with humbuckers, which is gonna sound a lot better than a Strat with a humbucker anyway.
Quote by jjfeu662

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Quote by mattrusso
Plus you have an LP with humbuckers, which is gonna sound a lot better than a Strat with a humbucker anyway.

Again, I don't agree with that, that's very subjective.

My Strat is full mini humbucker and sounds so awesome. Really gnarly. It sounds different than my Gibson LP Studio and in my opinion I prefer it. And that Studio is a really nice specimen. I played 5-6 when I went to buy it and found what I think is the best one but it's become my workworse whereas my Strat is the guitar I'd go to every time for recording.

TS, if you really like the humbucker Strat, keep it. If you want the traditional Strat sound then make them stock. There's really no right or wrong, one doesn't suck more than the other. There's a reason why they are popular guitars and sell well in many configurations, it's because they rock.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil
Again, I don't agree with that, that's very subjective.

Didn't mean to come off like a dick! Meant to say I prefer the LP sound (but out of the three I'd take the SSS Strat). Not trying to say a HSS Strat is a bad sound at all, just not my preference!
Quote by Delboyuk_01
Stop being a woman and change it back.

Nuff said! Gonna change it back today! Thanks for replies!
Get a nice after market single coil, nice lowish output, no overwound stuff.
Quote by jjfeu662

That's why Les Pauls should look like this:

Did you ever hear people say they want that awesome trapezoid bridge which makes palm muting impossible back and that a Les Paul is not a Les Paul with P90s?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
perhaps a different pickup would be an option. i have Lace Sensor's in my strat+ which have more balls than a stock fender pup (blue in the bridge on mine) but still retain most of the positive qualities of a regular single coil.
Quote by JesusCrisp
That's why Les Pauls should look like this:

Did you ever hear people say they want that awesome trapezoid bridge which makes palm muting impossible back and that a Les Paul is not a Les Paul with P90s?

1+