tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
1,633 IQ
What decisions, that you either are making now or haven't made yet, do you think you will regret?

I'll start: I think I'm going to regret starting this thread.

Discuss.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Nov 15, 2012,
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
When I sell my Charvel
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
mmolteratx
UG God
3,786 IQ
Oh man. Where do I start?

1. Buying more fuzzes/ODs when I already went full circle and came back to the ones I liked a year ago.

2. Buying more mapz that cover largely the same ground as my current ones.

3. Modding guitars only to buy a replacement weeks after I killed the resale value.

4. Buying another acoustic and refusing to sell my current one.

5. Buying more modulation pedals when all I use is one chorus or flanger at a time.

I'm sure there are literally hundreds more I'll have in the next few years alone but those will be repeats of what I've done recently for the most part.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ

does this count? before i ordered those genz benzes i thought i might regret it...
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
I regret me.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
nickdohle
Let's a go Mario!
1,233 IQ
Ill sell my Japanese Epiphone because Its worth more than I thought.

Ill sell my DSL because Im poor as shit and wrecked my car and now have no transportation.

Ill sell my soul to get back my DSL and Japanese Epiphone
wowlace
18 IQ
10 years ago I sold all my guitar gear. Mesaboogie dual recto, my black 80s Gibson les Paul, my japanese fender stratocaster. Plus I gave away all my pedals to different mates - rat, boss od, dist, flange.

Bad idea.
telemetal
Moosey McSmirnoffhead
488 IQ
I'm eventually going to regret having expensive taste and a love of good tone. Neither of these are a good thing for a uni student with bills to pay to have
gumbilicious
beginner
1,236 IQ
Quote by wowlace
10 years ago I sold all my guitar gear. Mesaboogie dual recto, my black 80s Gibson les Paul, my japanese fender stratocaster. Plus I gave away all my pedals to different mates - rat, boss od, dist, flange.

Bad idea.

i will regret not being your mate (i would have given those pedals back after you changed your mind)
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs
1,339 IQ
I'll regret drinking in the near future.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
rocknroll93
Warning: Small Parts
501 IQ
not joining the army.
I want to, but all that is stopping me is my band. I just couldn't leave the guys!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Jyrgen
Used Register
2,050 IQ
Buying a 2k guitar thinking it will make me play better.
311ZOSOVHJH
G G A - B A B Y
7,171 IQ
I am really regretting the fact that I can't use these new LEDs as a replacement to my =C= EL34s and the fact that my ceiling joists are not strong enough to support my 2x12 splawn cab.

I guess the Small Blocks are a bit heavier than I suspected and my future neighbor may not be that tolerant
zilant
2,245 IQ
I'm going to regret buying a Mid-Ranged guitar rather than saving for the guitar I want.
Also, probably buying a 5150iii mini. I keep trying to tell myself it's going to be the only amp I'll want for a long time but...
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
When I go digital.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
My 50 watt amp of doom when I move again, thing has to be crazy loud to sound good.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Talon64
38 IQ
Sometimes i regret joining UG as the level of abuse and the cliques that sit on this site can make it very off putting to comment or offer advice but here i am again posting a comment something that some other member will find issue with i'm sure
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,435 IQ
Quote by Eppicurt
When I go digital.

that would be the worst. i never well though so .

probably buying another cab or two in addition to the ones i am building and having no where to put it. i don't even know where to fit the amp i bought a day or two ago.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.
gumbilicious
beginner
1,236 IQ
Quote by Talon64
Sometimes i regret joining UG as the level of abuse and the cliques that sit on this site can make it very off putting to comment or offer advice but here i am again posting a comment something that some other member will find issue with i'm sure

you can't ever forget that a forum is naturally going to have cliques. i personally try to limit the amount of negativity while still offering the best advice i can give.

i will be the first to admit not all my posts are constructive, but i try to do more good than bad.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
311ZOSOVHJH
G G A - B A B Y
7,171 IQ
Quote by Talon64

Good to see you again Talon!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. This is basically a spam thread anyway that is bound to be closed. Your post, while insightful, is a tad hollow. There are tons of other threads where your thought might be more pertinent.

Again, it is just a social site. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
i will regret posting this in the morning.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by Talon64

UG actually isn't too bad compared to a lot of places (and also considering how big UG is).

I also find that a lot of the people posting the nastiest stuff etc. actually think they're in a clique and, er, aren't. Not that I actually want it to be cliquey- I actively don't. But you know what I mean.

I think kyle said this before, but I agree [this is paraphrased]- it's a fine line between having a community (which makes the forum better) and having a clique (which makes the forum worse).

Quote by gumbilicious
you can't ever forget that a forum is naturally going to have cliques. i personally try to limit the amount of negativity while still offering the best advice i can give.

i will be the first to admit not all my posts are constructive, but i try to do more good than bad.

+1
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
551 IQ
I think I'm gonna regret actually buying an amp at some point as I'll spend all my money and not have to fun of shopping around constantly
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Quote by ihartfood
I think I'm gonna regret actually buying an amp at some point as I'll spend all my money and not have to fun of shopping around constantly

Once you get an amp that will not stop....

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Quote by ihartfood
I figured, hasn't ever stopped me before it's like trading horses.

I think I have 5 amps now... .
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
iheartgun
UG's user of common sense
1,679 IQ
I'm gonna say one of these days I'm gonna sell my legacy for a 5150-1-2 or3 or a single rec and regret it. I'm also gonna regret selling the gt10 but I have a feeling it's gonna happen sooner or later
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
iheartgun
UG's user of common sense
1,679 IQ
I just might do that and get the 5153 mini and call it good.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
JAHellraiser
2,405 IQ
I'll regret becoming a successful rockstar, who has an insane amount of children with different women, resulting in me selling all my gear to pay child support. leading me into a dark depression which causes me to go on a drug and alcohol rampage. After several years I get myself clean and start to make a successful comeback. Tragically it is cut short, as I die very young from a *insert shocking tragic event* thankfully, my many children are all quite talented and begin to dominate the worlds of music, film, arts, etc. etc. all in the name of their father.
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
551 IQ
^ choking on spaghetti-os. and why would you regret that ending? sounds awesome and you can watch them run around being famous from heaven.
Raijouta
Actually called Dylan
991 IQ
Probably going to regret selling my Midiverb.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
innertom
Registered Sex Offender
63 IQ
using all my money on guitars and such instead of saving for a house.
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)
3,630 IQ
I'll probably regret more gigs that my band plays. It always gets to me when you travel a long ass way for a gig that's been talked up, then it ends up being shitty as all hell. I still regret the gig we played with Mushroomhead a few weeks back. It just wasn't nrealy as promising as we were led to believe. That's probably just me being a skeptical douche, though.

I probably regret a comment I made in another thread about wanting a house with amps, guitars and other gear as the main decoration, due to lack of space for other decorations. I imagine that'll find some way to bite me in the ass.
diskothek
Baby casserole
397 IQ
Already did it, but I knew I would regret putting the Dimebucker in my current guitar. I had it lying around though and wanted to see what it'd sound like. Just gonna be more time wasted having another installed though, haha.
Schecter C-1+ (SH-2 Neck | SH-5 Bridge)
Breedlove C250/CMe-FS
Vox VT20+