Page 1 of 2
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/15/news/companies/walmart-black-friday/

In response to union-busting and generally shitty work policies. Definitely hitting them where it hurts, probably the most important shopping day of the year. I'm interested in seeing how far they'll bend if it really affects their sales numbers.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
DonGlover
Occultist
168 IQ
I am a Walmart worker (in Canada) and I approve.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
730 IQ
Good. Didn't one of them die last year?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
Good for them. No one deserves to get swarmed by primal violent human nature.
Dirge Humani
Tyler
282 IQ
All that's going to happen is a shit ton of temps will be hired.
Quote by Hydra150
I tried to open the kitchen door and accidentally turned the light off instead

now googling "how to pasta"
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
730 IQ
Quote by Momentosis
I heard Walmart started sales like a week early.

Apparently they're opening at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day.

ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Quote by Trowzaa
Good. Didn't one of them die last year?

I heard a woman was trampled to death on Long Island but she didn't work there.

People are dickheads on Black Friday.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
happytimeharry
Sentry the Defiant
1,600 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr

People are dickheads on Black Friday.

People are dickheads all year round.
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
Quote by happytimeharry
People are dickheads all year round.

People are dickheads.
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
Quote by Trowzaa
Apparently they're opening at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day.

Walmart is always open
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
1,184 IQ
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Walmart is always open

Nah. Depends on the store. There are ones down here that close and shit, which was news to me, cause in NY we run our Walmarts like cheap Brooklyn *****s, all night long.
sacamano79
Fighter of the Nightman
2,222 IQ
Quote by Nelsean
People are dickheads.

People are.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Nov 15, 2012,
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
730 IQ
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Walmart is always open

"In 2012, Walmart led several other retailers in announcing it would open its stores at 8:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day [8], prompting calls for a walkout among some workers."

Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
Quote by Trowzaa
"In 2012, Walmart led several other retailers in announcing it would open its stores at 8:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day [8], prompting calls for a walkout among some workers."

that's kind of funny wording since pretty much every Walmart is open 24 hours 7 days a week.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
Quote by TunerAddict
Nah. Depends on the store. There are ones down here that close and shit, which was news to me, cause in NY we run our Walmarts like cheap Brooklyn *****s, all night long.

this is news to me too.. Huh. what would I do at three a.m. without Walmart?
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
Quote by Eastwinn
this is news to me too.. Huh. what would I do at three a.m. without Walmart?

Go to Walgreens, or across the street to CVS Pharmacy
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Go to Walgreens, or across the street to CVS Pharmacy

It's just not the same.
Extra Ordinary
Meh
197 IQ
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
that's kind of funny wording since pretty much every Walmart is open 24 hours 7 days a week.

Do they have people that live there or something? I can't imagine a lot of people going in at night or people needing to be there to kick out the homeless that stray in.
jp_cheif
158 IQ
Being a WalMart employee, I've heard rumors of this in many of company meetings. I know a few people that plan/willing to do this...as for myself, I needs tha money. Can't pass on those extra 15 hours I'll have that day. Do plan on misdirecting and causing as much chaos as possible for all those angry dickheads.
DonGlover
Occultist
168 IQ
Yeah ours here in Ottawa are usual open until 11pm. There are, however, still workers bringing overstock to the front and stuff like that all night long. Then we open again at somewhere between 7am-9am depending on the store and the occasion.

Quote by jp_cheif
Being a WalMart employee, I've heard rumors of this in many of company meetings. I know a few people that plan/willing to do this...as for myself, I needs tha money. Can't pass on those extra 15 hours I'll have that day. Do plan on misdirecting and causing as much chaos as possible for all those angry dickheads.

I work ICS

Enjoy your clusterfuck on the salesfloor.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at Nov 15, 2012,
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
In response to union-busting and generally shitty work policies. Definitely hitting them where it hurts, probably the most important shopping day of the year. I'm interested in seeing how far they'll bend if it really affects their sales numbers.

Oh, the irony!
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
What's the irony?
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
1,184 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
What's the irony?

I reread it like 5 or 6 times trying to figure it out. Still cannot.
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Do they have people that live there or something? I can't imagine a lot of people going in at night or people needing to be there to kick out the homeless that stray in.

Idk, I don't think they're as heavily staffed for the late shift like they do at McDonalds.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
What's the irony?

I guess them not working on the most profitable day of the year and thus losing money on the most profitable day of the year?
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Oh, pft. They work at Walmart, the company's got more to lose than they do.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
What's the irony?

Because, frankly, Walmart's probably just going to hire a bunch of other people and fire them. They've already busted the Union's balls. It'd be one thing if ALL Walmart employees in the US were going on strike, but they're not. So, this really won't affect Walmart too much on the whole.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Article says that if workers at the distribution centers join in it could really mess their supply chain up. And even if they've got replacements, workers demonstrating out in front might dissuade people from entering. Or it might not, we'll just have to see.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
DonGlover
Occultist
168 IQ
Walmart is so ruthless. They shut down a TLE store in Gatineau, QC after it became unionized, and they did the same to an entire store in Jonquière, QC a couple years earlier. Basically, "You want to unionize? Well why don't we just shut down the store instead? Have great day!"
A SIGNATURE.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
Article says that if workers at the distribution centers join in it could really mess their supply chain up. And even if they've got replacements, workers demonstrating out in front might dissuade people from entering. Or it might not, we'll just have to see.

Walmart is so huge, that if 12 stores in the LA area suffer from a lack of sales, they're not gonna cry over it. They'll just like, "So...you're striking? Well, go find another job. Have fun with that! Mwahaha!"

Really, do you think Walmart cares about its employees? I've had several friends who worked there. They treat their employees like shit. They'll just fire these people and not even bat an eye over it.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Walmart is so huge, that if 12 stores in the LA area suffer from a lack of sales, they're not gonna cry over it. They'll just like, "So...you're striking? Well, go find another job. Have fun with that! Mwahaha!"

Really, do you think Walmart cares about its employees? I've had several friends who worked there. They treat their employees like shit. They'll just fire these people and not even bat an eye over it.

They're not appealing to Walmart's concern for the welfare of their employees, they're trying to appeal to Walmart's concern for their bottom line.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
Dan_5893
Interdit
1,405 IQ
Quote by DonGlover
Walmart is so ruthless. They shut down a TLE store in Gatineau, QC after it became unionized, and they did the same to an entire store in Jonquière, QC a couple years earlier. Basically, "You want to unionize? Well why don't we just shut down the store instead? Have great day!"

Yeah but that's Quebec for you in a nutshell.
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by DonGlover