Page 1 of 2
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Opinions on getting a brace when you're an adult? Anyone here had one when they were into their adult years?

It seems to me like a good way of repelling women for at least a year (not that I'm finding that difficult atm olol) and continuing to look like a child, but it'll pay off in the end I suppose. I'm pretty sure I can also get one for free so I don't have to worry about the dental charges.

So basically is it worth it?
TOMMYB22
UG Newbie
562 IQ
don't they have braces that are hard to see or invisible? Try those.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
AnAngrySquirrel
125 IQ
I don't think braces are as bad as people make them seem. It's only because in movies and stuff it's usually the nerds that have braces. It'll probably have like a 5% change in your chances of getting some.

I chose not to get braces when I was a kid because I didn't really care what my teeth looked like. Thought about getting them now (19), but I still don't care at all. My teeth are bad
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Quote by TOMMYB22
don't they have braces that are hard to see or invisible? Try those.

I just presumed all braces still looked like this:

I am intrigued.
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
730 IQ
Quote by Duffman123

I am intrigued.

Voila.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
I say either get them now or never.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I don't think braces are as bad as people make them seem. It's only because in movies and stuff it's usually the nerds that have braces. It'll probably have like a 5% change in your chances of getting some.

I chose not to get braces when I was a kid because I didn't really care what my teeth looked like. Thought about getting them now (19), but I still don't care at all. My teeth are bad

omg we shud sooo lyk compar r teeth. But yeah I never cared until now, my bastard canines stick out quite badly.

Quote by Philip_pepper
Don't kid yourself.

You wouldn't get laid without them anyway.

This is the truth.
TOMMYB22
UG Newbie
562 IQ
Quote by Duffman123

I am intrigued.

i know this may sound stupid, but i was referring to the end of that episode where Lisa gets those classier braces that don't stand out, restoring the status quo and allowing them to never mention her braces again.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
JammyP 93
I Go By Many Names...
297 IQ
Duffman123 needs braces...DENTAL PLAN!!!
You know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old.
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
I dunno, I know I guy that had them when he was like 27 and met his wife and got married with them. Shouldn't be a big deal and if you think your teeth are bad it'll make up for it anyway.
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I dunno, I know I guy that had them when he was like 27 and met his wife and got married with them. Shouldn't be a big deal and if you think your teeth are bad it'll make up for it anyway.

So braces may actually increase my chances with women and could possibly lead to marriage.....Interesting......

Quote by Trowzaa

Voila.

Amazing, what a world we live in. As long as there's no ridiculous extra charges I'm sold. You're google image skills have done you well Trowzaa.

Quote by TOMMYB22
i know this may sound stupid, but i was referring to the end of that episode where Lisa gets those classier braces that don't stand out, restoring the status quo and allowing them to never mention her braces again.

My brain chose not to remember the happy part of the episode

Quote by JammyP 93
Duffman123 needs braces...DENTAL PLAN!!!

Thanks a lot, JammyP 93. Now I've lost my train of thought.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Nov 18, 2012,
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
I had braces from when I was fourteen until I was twenty one. I didn't wear my elastics like a ponce. Could have had them off sooner.

Do yourself a favor: Do anything you possibly can to get them off sooner.

The amount of cuts in my lips I had...
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
Quote by Duffman123
So braces may actually increase my chances with women and could possibly lead to marriage.....Interesting......

I wasn't saying the braces were why.

Just that most non-shitty women won't really care.
dubstar92
Freetarded
531 IQ
Get em. If they are free. My friend had braces at like 24-25.
Quote by Duffman123
Amazing, what a world we live in. As long as there's no ridiculous extra charges I'm sold. You're google image skills have done you well Trowzaa.

Invisaline are amazing. Although I don't know if they cost more.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Nov 18, 2012,
Highelf04
UG's ONLY Batgirl
678 IQ
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

This
You're asking a community of guitar nerds who don't really have much experience with women.....
I mean your chances have gone from like.....15% to 10%
:P
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
^ Invisaline costs more, I'm pretty sure, and not everyone can get them. If your teeth are just wide apart or are under/over biting, then yeah you can. If they are higher or lower than they should be, they can be too much for invisaline to handle.

Also braces are bad to have. Not with the social aspect of having them but just having them and having metal shit cut your lips and the shit you can or cannot eat and the extra brushing you have to do and so forth. Talking wise, people won't care. A girl in my class just got them this week actually and she's in a public speaking class nonetheless. If you aren't a little bitch about them, no one will really notice them until 1) your speech is back to normal, which happens quickly, and 2) you get them off
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Nov 18, 2012,
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Which is worse, TS? Having braces for a year or having messed-up teeth forever?
guitaristren
UnRegistered User
424 IQ
Better to get them now then later on, right? I'm nearly 19 and still have braces, then jaw surgery, and then braces for a few more months so don't feel too bad about it. The result of perfectly aligned teeth will be worth it (I hope).
Last edited by guitaristren at Nov 18, 2012,
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
I'll probably book an appointment with my dentist tomorrow and see if I can get these magical Invisaline you are all talking about.

What's the average time for braces? A year I suppose?

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
^ Invisaline costs more, I'm pretty sure, and not everyone can get them. If your teeth are just wide apart or are under/over biting, then yeah you can. If they are higher or lower than they should be, they can be too much for invisaline to handle.

Also braces are bad to have. Not with the social aspect of having them but just having them and having metal shit cut your lips and the shit you can or cannot eat and the extra brushing you have to do and so forth. Talking wise, people won't care. A girl in my class just got them this week actually and she's in a public speaking class nonetheless. If you aren't a little bitch about them, no one will really notice them until 1) your speech is back to normal, which happens quickly, and 2) you get them off

Are your teeth pimpin' now though?

Quote by guitaristren
Better to get them now then later on, right? I'm nearly 19 and still have braces, then jaw surgery, and then braces for a few more months so don't feel too bad about it.

I have a fucked up jaw as well. Tmjd I think it's called.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Duffman123

I would imagine that depends on how long it's going to take for braces to correct your teeth alignment. It could be anywhere from 6months to a couple of years. Depends on what your dentist thinks really.
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by Duffman123
I'll probably book an appointment with my dentist tomorrow and see if I can get these magical Invisaline you are all talking about.

Are your teeth pimpin' now though?

I have a fucked up jaw as well. Tmjd I think it's called.

Oh yeah they're pretty sweet alignment wise. No more over bite and gaps!
Braces are well worth it and you get used to some of the annoyances like the cutting and the food you can't have. Just get that shit over with asap. Don't not do shit like I did because I was a lazy cunt as a teen.

I have a retainer now, and ever since I got my braces off, I make damn sure to wear it every time I go to bed so I don't have to have braces ever again.
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Oh yeah they're pretty sweet alignment wise. No more over bite and gaps!
Braces are well worth it and you get used to some of the annoyances like the cutting and the food you can't have. Just get that shit over with asap. Don't not do shit like I did because I was a lazy cunt as a teen.

I have a retainer now, and ever since I got my braces off, I make damn sure to wear it every time I go to bed so I don't have to have braces ever again.

Yeah my canines are higher up than the rest of my teeth so it's a bitch trying to eat most things. I'll take your advise and not be a lazy bastard Pagan!
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Bro, I was in the same boat as you. I was about 19, too I think, and my teeth were F*CKED. It made me feel like shit, as I knew it was a huge turn-off for girls, but I didn't want braces either because I felt too old and I didn't want to have them for two whole years. I got Invisalign. The draw-back is that Braces also straighten your bite, but Invisalign doesn't, however Invisalign still gets your teeth looking straight and good, and you don't even have to wear them as long (It'll take about a year to finish, they'll be looking good after like 6 months, though).

I remember I saw a girl who was a friend from high school, andshe hadn't seen me since I started my Invisalign, and I was almost done with them, and the first thing she told me was that my teeth looked really good. I highly recommend you getting it.
Last edited by The Madcap at Nov 18, 2012,
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by Duffman123
Yeah my canines are higher up than the rest of my teeth so it's a bitch trying to eat most things. I'll take your advise and not be a lazy bastard Pagan!

Yeah I dunno if you can get invisaline then. You need something pulling teeth down, not just keeping them close and in line.
Yeah please dont. I had mine for about seven years. That's just downright pathetic.
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Quote by The Madcap
Bro, I was in the same boat as you. I was about 19, too I think, and my teeth were F*CKED. It made me feel like shit, as I knew it was a huge turn-off for girls, but I didn't want braces either because I felt too old and I didn't want to have them for two whole years. I got Invisalign. The draw-back is that Braces also straighten your bite, but Invisalign doesn't, however Invisalign still gets your teeth looking straight and good, and you don't even have to wear them as long.

I remember I saw a girl who was a friend from high school, andshe hadn't seen me since I started my Invisalign, and I was almost done with them, and the first thing she told me was that my teeth looked really good. I highly recommend you getting it.

Nice to hear a success story.

errr just found the uk invisalign website and:
Only the treating dental practitioner is able to fully determine your cost, although prices for Invisalign treatment generally start at £2,500. But if your teeth only need minor corrections, prices could even start as low as £1,800.

god damn
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
Quote by Trowzaa

Voila.

That's a retainer, you wear them after the braces have been taken off.

Seriously, a year of braces isn't bad at all and you'll have lovely straight teeth afterwards which will attract far more ladies than crooked Austin Powers teeth. Also don't forget to brush thoroughly before you get them put on and whilst they're on, so you don't get staining.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
^Toldja
But you didnt believe me

WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME

Fuck that, near minimum wage job and poor parents are not good factors when it comes to having shitty teeth.
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,778 IQ
You're in the UK, it's not like people are going to be very concerned about your teeth anyway.
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Quote by necrosis1193
You're in the UK, it's not like people are going to be very concerned about your teeth anyway.

Don't you mix me up with English stereotypes Us Irish are very proud of our teeth and ginger hair (I don't have ginger hair, ughhhh).
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,778 IQ
Quote by Duffman123
Don't you mix me up with English stereotypes Us Irish are very proud of our teeth and ginger hair (I don't have ginger hair, ughhhh).

On a more serious note, it's really not as bad as it seems. Believe me when I say a year in braces goes by faster than it sounds, especially since you, unlike me, won't be spending a few additional months rehabbing from jaw surgery on top of the time in braces. Plus it's really better to get it done with when you're young, as your body is quicker to heal.
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by Duffman123

Fuck that, near minimum wage job and poor parents are not good factors when it comes to having shitty teeth.

Hey shitty braces are shitty braces. Many people have had them and have looked great after them. People have had worse shit put on them to help fix things. You didn't have to do headgear did you? I was supposed to but wore that shit maybe 5 times within 4 years

Quote by OddOneOut
That's a retainer, you wear them after the braces have been taken off.

Nah OOO, that there be invisalign.

Although to be fair, clear retainers do look almost exactly the same

Shit now I'm confusing myself ahahaha
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
175 IQ
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Hey shitty braces are shitty braces. Many people have had them and have looked great after them. People have had worse shit put on them to help fix things. You didn't have to do headgear did you? I was supposed to but wore that shit maybe 5 times within 4 years

Nah OOO, that there be invisalign.

Although to be fair, clear retainers do look almost exactly the same

Shit now I'm confusing myself ahahaha

Mm. The do look exactly the same, which kinda makes me wonder if they are actually the same thing. Because I don't see how they work differently to a clear retainer.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by OddOneOut
Mm. The do look exactly the same, which kinda makes me wonder if they are actually the same thing. Because I don't see how they work differently to a clear retainer.

I guess because retainers are made to fit how your teeth are now so they stay in position, and invisalign are made to align your teeth a certain way. I dunno.
Duffman123
A cookie full of arsenic
2,383 IQ
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

Dear god no, well I hope I'll not have to anyway. I wouldn't need a stick to keep the women away with this bad boy:

Quote by necrosis1193
On a more serious note, it's really not as bad as it seems. Believe me when I say a year in braces goes by faster than it sounds, especially since you, unlike me, won't be spending a few additional months rehabbing from jaw surgery on top of the time in braces. Plus it's really better to get it done with when you're young, as your body is quicker to heal.

If I could get them on and off within a year I'd be happy. None of this 5 years business (no offence Pagan )
Thrill-house
150 IQ
I had to wear them for 6 years, I didn't get em off till I was 19. You get used to them and so does everyone else. I hated wearing them but it's worth it now to have perfectly straight teeth, so yes do it.
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
When I was a kid my dentist hose to not give me braced 'cause he thought that the situation would sort itself out.

I am now 21, and I will be getting braces soon, my teeth are awful, and are actually startign to make my jaw and face crooked. Braces for 2 years.

I know what you're talking about, it's embarassing as hell having them at this age, but I guess it pays off when they're off so I say it's worth it.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise