6 3%
Voters: 176.
Page 1 of 4
ErikLensherr
ENDHATE
1,688 IQ
Gunther.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Dr. Jill Stein @DrJillStein
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?" -RATM They can't stop us now.
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
1,001 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Jennifer Aniston's boobs.

only reason to watch anything with her in it, really
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Eggmond
Otherwise Known as Eggy
2,554 IQ
Marcel
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Nobody's said Joey yet LOL

It was either Chandler or Rachel, but I went with Rachel because the final episode was about her leaving on the plane, right?
When Chandler got married, who was it that was sitting and crying because she was pregnant? Rachel, effectively stealing the episode from Chandler and Monica.
So much was based around Rachel and Ross, but Ross found other girls before coming back to Rachel. Rachel had a lot of emotional bullshit going on. Ross was funny. Rachel was heart.

I'm going with Rachel. I agree that there wasn't a main character, but for the sake of picking, it's Rachel.
FireFromTheVoid
Unloved
98 IQ
It seems like they wanted it to be monica but kind of shifted towards rachel.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Nov 18, 2012,
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
It seems like the wanted it to be monica but kind of shifted towards rachel.

It either shifted towards Rachel or towards Chandler, right?
And with Joey, who did he room with? Chandler, and so Chandler's problems shifted there and Joey was comedic support.
Phoebe was comedic support for Rachel and for Monica.
Ross was extra comedic support for both Chandler and for Rachel.
But in the end Rachel's bullshit stole the show from Chandler's successes.
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,869 IQ
Anyone who says Joey clearly does not remember when they did try to make him the main character in a show.
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by necrosis1193
Anyone who says Joey clearly does not remember when they did try to make him the main character in a show.

Episodes? That show's not too bad.

Nah, I know what you mean
jazz_rock_feel
UG Resident
2,342 IQ
I think if you had to make a choice the most obvious would be Chandler/Monica. The show centered around the apartments of those two primarily and in the later episodes virtually everything hinged on their relationship.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Learn to (watch shows that aren't shit) ensemble cast.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
FireFromTheVoid
Unloved
98 IQ
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
It either shifted towards Rachel or towards Chandler, right?
And with Joey, who did he room with? Chandler, and so Chandler's problems shifted there and Joey was comedic support.
Phoebe was comedic support for Rachel and for Monica.
Ross was extra comedic support for both Chandler and for Rachel.
But in the end Rachel's bullshit stole the show from Chandler's successes.

Right, they stole the focus of the show, but rachel more than chandler.

Least favorite episodes are when they tried to give it to phoebe, she was a good support chacter though.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Nov 18, 2012,
CoreysMonster
Banned
8,656 IQ
Definitely Chandler and Rachel. Everything always revolved around them.

I picked Chandler because it's Chandler.
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
1,098 IQ
Jesus was the main character in Friends, because Jesus is in all of us, my son. Do you have a moment to talk about Him?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Pagan_Poetry
The Twilight Stoned
3,467 IQ
Quote by FireFromTheVoid

Least favorite episode are when they tried to give it to phoebe, she was a good support chacter though.

Phoebe was well acted by Lisa Kudrow, but the character was written weakly and yeah she couldn't handle a show revolving around her, I find. You still cared because Lisa Kudrow did a good job, but then at the end of the day you were thinking "Okay so when's this boyfriend shit over with? I wanna see what's up with the other guys", or even more embarrassingly, "I wanna see how Joey is keeping up with his duck and chicken".

I mean they knew she and Joey were side characters. Remember the amount of times they both got shafted? The very last episode, what did Joey get, thrillingly, as a farewell gift? A fucking. Meatball. Sub.
Both were amazing side characters, but why didn't Joey and Phoebe kick off when Rachel and Ross and Monica and Chandler did (I mean as couples, although I wouldn't be surprised if they had a fourway at Ross's museum in the caveman exhibit)? Because they were the dunces, the go-to for laughs. Fantastic comic relief but not anything to follow as leads.
ErikLensherr
ENDHATE
1,688 IQ
Quote by FireFromTheVoid

Least favorite episodes are when they tried to give it to phoebe, she was a good support chacter though.

Phoebe was always awful, lol.
Quote by EpiExplorer

"It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?" -RATM They can't stop us now.
Bair
UG Fanatic
2,918 IQ
Who did the best after the show ended? Really, no one. Doesn't chandler have another show now?
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
mikeyknowsbetter
Don't even bother chillin
1,468 IQ
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

I mean they knew she and Joey were side characters. Remember the amount of times they both got shafted? The very last episode, what did Joey get, thrillingly, as a farewell gift? A fucking. Meatball. Sub.
Both were amazing side characters, but why didn't Joey and Phoebe kick off when Rachel and Ross and Monica and Chandler did (I mean as couples, although I wouldn't be surprised if they had a fourway at Ross's museum in the caveman exhibit)? Because they were the dunces, the go-to for laughs. Fantastic comic relief but not anything to follow as leads.

ahahaha
Tag43
for the lulz
572 IQ
Quote by Bair
Who did the best after the show ended? Really, no one. Doesn't chandler have another show now?

Jennifer Aniston?
ErikLensherr
ENDHATE
1,688 IQ
Jennifer Aniston has a film career. Joey's in Episodes which is decently amusing. Ross is the voice of the giraffe in the Madagascar movies.
Quote by EpiExplorer

CoreysMonster
Banned
8,656 IQ
Quote by Tag43
Jennifer Aniston?

The only reason she's ever mentioned is because of Brad Pitt.

EDIT: ^ and Monica had a cameo in Scrubs once, where she said Dr. Cox had a stupid name

Get it?
ToXyN
I am mine
172 IQ
My wife loves this show. I'd have to say it revolved mostly around the Ghellers (sp??)

So mainly Ross and monica as bro and sis with heavy Rachel / chandler due to there relationships with Ross and monica.

Just count the times anyone's parents where on the show. Ross and monica where the only ones who's parents were prevalent and given attention by the writers to flesh out there characters.

If you like the show you may like the movie "singles" from early 90's. It is the basis for "Friends". Cameron Crowe was approched by time warner to turn singles into a show, He said no, so they hired a new director, writers, moved the setting to NY and named it Friends.

Edit:: By the way, the soundtrack to "Singles" is awesome. If your into Pearl Jam / AiC / Screaming Tree's / Mother Love Bone etc.

Also, The members of Pearl Jam are in the film, along with AiC and many others. (AiC perform in a club durring the film)
Last edited by ToXyN at Nov 18, 2012,