Monica
15 9%
Joey
14 8%
Phoebe
6 3%
Voters: 176.
Page 2 of 4
Courteney Cox was the only actress who was even remotely famous when 'Friends' started. They asked her to play Rachel, but she picked Monica. I'd say the writers started with Rachel in mind to be the main character, as it is her botched wedding that gets the show running. She connects the worlds of Ross and Monica, as a friend and love interest.
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Quote by Samhuinn
Courteney Cox was the only actress who was even remotely famous when 'Friends' started. They asked her to play Rachel, but she picked Monica. I'd say the writers started with Rachel in mind to be the main character, as it is her botched wedding that gets the show running. She connects the worlds of Ross and Monica, as a friend and love interest.

Exactly
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Nobody's said Joey yet LOL

It was either Chandler or Rachel, but I went with Rachel because the final episode was about her leaving on the plane, right?
When Chandler got married, who was it that was sitting and crying because she was pregnant? Rachel, effectively stealing the episode from Chandler and Monica.
So much was based around Rachel and Ross, but Ross found other girls before coming back to Rachel. Rachel had a lot of emotional bullshit going on. Ross was funny. Rachel was heart.

I'm going with Rachel. I agree that there wasn't a main character, but for the sake of picking, it's Rachel.

I pretty much agree with this.

There was really no main character in the conventional sense..but the show kind of started revolving around her, and ended that way.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by willT08
I always thought it was about Ross primarily.

This
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I don't like Friends.
I don't like you, either.

I'm a wanted man. I have the death sentence in twelve systems!
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Nov 18, 2012,
It was Ross.

The entire show revolved around his relationship with Rachel. But it seemed to always focus more on him.
joey is the main character and the only one that worked, which is why they got rid of the rest of them and made joey
signed,
your favorite poster
Rachel or Monica are both pretty integral to most story lines, but i'd have to say Rachel.

Although Chandler is the best np.
Manchester United
Mr. Heckles, anyone?!
Sarcasm. Because beating the crap out of people is illegal.
Jennifer Aniston was the first name on the intro. Therefore, Rachel is the main character.

I have always seen Rachel as the main character, anyways. It seems to me the series is focused primarily on her

Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Jennifer Aniston's boobs.

Also this
Last edited by little_boy at Nov 18, 2012,
Rachel. Because nipples.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
There was no main character. That was kind of the point.

Yup, they had major contract disputes over it and everything. The producers wanted to make (I think) Ross and Rachel the main characters in exchange for more pay but the cast stuck together and demanded they all be paid/appear equally. So there you go
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.

Anybody?
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Quote by Low Man's Lyric

Anybody?

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
It was Ross I think. I say that because whenever Ross and Rachael had relationship issues it would focus more on Ross.
Chandler and Rachel were the main characters. Rachel's situation started up the story line, and the majority of the show seemed to be bases around their shenanigans.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by CoreysMonster

EDIT: ^ and Monica had a cameo in Scrubs once, where she said Dr. Cox had a stupid name

Get it?

But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by willT08
I always thought it was about Ross primarily.

Yeah I think so too, Ross and Rachel were the main characters but people grew to like the others more.

Also I actually like Phoebe >_>
Ross because they gave him 3 marriages
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Ross because it was his apartment, everyone just free loaded off of him.

Also my wife says I remind her of Chandler. I dont know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but i'll take it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Ross because it was his apartment, everyone just free loaded off of him.

Also my wife says I remind her of Chandler. I dont know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but i'll take it.

Why don't you look into it?

BY USING BING!
ZING!
I mean "Bing"!
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Why don't you look into it?

BY USING BING!
ZING!
I mean "Bing"!

I should ban you for advertising criminal scum!

Just kidding...
Or am i?

Fixed for... ah **** it...

There wasnt a main character. They were all just as equal in my opinion. There were times where some character's stories were more prominent than the others but roughly on the whole, they were all equal.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
You guys

The show was called friends because you need someone else to have friends, right? You need someone to depend on in order to have friends. Rachel couldn't be alone. She needed people to depend on, hence her friends.

Also, the title song said "I'll be there for you". For who? For Rachel, as her name appears first in the credits and the last name is that of her soon to be husband, Ross. Best friend saved for last?

/absolutelyretardednonseriousconspiracyshit
The show started with Rachel ditching Barry, if there had to be a main character it was her, it takes you through all her goals and accomplishments, you know everything about her jobs. You don't even find out what Chandler does until he quits.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by chaoticfables
Yeah I think so too, Ross and Rachel were the main characters but people grew to like the others more.

Also I actually like Phoebe >_>

Ross was a secondary character that was only written in to support the plot of the two main characters (Rachel and Chandler). Read my previous post where I explain this.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by So-Cal
How?

He clicked the bubble that was tagged "Monica" and then he clicked the "Vote now" button. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.
Quote by L2112Lif

He was also the smartest of them all.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Last edited by adamgur96 at Nov 18, 2012,