Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
it basically lets you block off your trem at will (or set it to dive-only) to avoid the problems associated with a floating trem (e.g. difficulty of changing tunings, double-stop bends being out of tune, all your strings going out of tune if you break a string)

unfortunately

(a) i found it a bit fiddly
(b) you have to have the foresight to be in the hardtail or dive-only modes before you break a string
(c) massive tuning changes are still problematic because of the string gauge you're using
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

JayCartay
1,991 IQ
Quote by telemetal

Funny ****er. I want the insight of people who might have used one, smart arse!
JayCartay
1,991 IQ
Anyway, I am building an Ibanez RG2570 but I never actually use the trem. I just love the necks on Ibbies. I think a Tremol-no is what I need. Is there any best brand or are they all the same?
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
tremol-no is the brand

that being said, some other companies make similar contraptions. I haven't tried them, though.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

DarthV
356 IQ
Quote by JayCartay
Anyway, I am building an Ibanez RG2570 but I never actually use the trem. I just love the necks on Ibbies. I think a Tremol-no is what I need. Is there any best brand or are they all the same?

Why not go for something like a RGA121 prestige? Hard tail with the awesome Ibby neck And no middle pickup, either.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Fender HM Strat
POD HD500
Kemper KPA