Page 2 of 3
Quote by ErikLensherr
In Bruges

I was gonna say, like dark comedies are best for not losing momentum cuz they just change their energy into a different kind of momentum.

And In Bruges is particularly cool b/c it is still funny even as the darkness descends on everyone.
Quote by magnus_maximus
That is the definition of a comedy, dude. Almost all comedies ever follow that.

1 - character has a problem

2 - problem gets worse

3 - problem gets worse

4- problem gets solved

5 - resolution
Yah, but it isn't a necessity, though, hence Airplane.
Quote by The Madcap
Yah, but it isn't a necessity, though, hence Airplane.

1. Character has a problem.

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Dr. Strangelove
Room Service (Marx Brothers)
Duck Soup
Arsenic and Old Lace
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

but the "formula" you're talking about is loads more common than you realize. It's archetypal.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

How did I leave Holy Grail out, fuck :/
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Death at a Funeral had it's serious moments but they only helped you catch your breath momentarily for the next laugh. Basically didn't stop laughing the whole way through it.
Pineapple Express seemed to hold it's momentum. Atleast to me.

And I know a LOT of people will disagree with me, but Your Highness was decently funny all the way through.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

^ I couldn't stand Hot Fuzz, none of it was ever funny and they had annoying accents and sounded retarded.

Black Dynamite (movie only, the show was HEAVILY disappointing)
Clerks II
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
I seem to remember MacGruber being really good, but it's been a while, I could be wrong.

Some of the funniest movies I've seen.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Last edited by guitarmaniac88 at Nov 19, 2012,
Quote by magnus_maximus
1 - food poisoning

2 - plane almost crashes

3 - plane doesn't crash

I'm referring to the more specific formula involving characters, mostly friends, always having a falling out about 60% into the movie, then coming together in th end to achieve their goal.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
^ I couldn't stand Hot Fuzz, none of it was ever funny and they had annoying accents and sounded retarded.

Clerks II
I seem to remember MacGruber being really good, but it's been a while, I could be wrong.

"they had annoying accents and sounded retarded"

Lists Black Dynamite
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Also likes MacGruber.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Trowzaa

Lists Black Dynamite
You pick Black Dynamite out of a list that INCLUDES ANOTHER BRITISH MOVIE?!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
All three Monty Python and Austin Powers movies.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
Quote by im not mental
i don't believe this has been mentioned yet, but Hot Fuzz stays very consistent.

+1

Also, I'mma throw Wayne's World up there.
Quote by guitarmaniac88

Clerks II

wot

If Australians hated every movie starring a bunch of people with different accents, we'd have approximately 3 good movies to watch.
ima throw The Cable Guy up there.

and the first Ace Ventura.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by L2112Lif
There are good Australian movies?

I can think of two off the top of my head. There might be more.
In my opinion, it is good for some comedies to deviate from total laughter and have dramatic scenes. Click and Mrs. Doubtfire had me tearful from laughter and sadness
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by guitarmaniac88

I love Hot Fuzz, but it definitely is really really slow to get going.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by L2112Lif
There are good Australian movies?

Rabbit-Proof Fence
Romper Stomper
Mad Max

There's 3...
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Not a strict comedy but Scott Pilgrim is consistently funny.

And @ the dude who didn't think Big Lebowski was funny, you have to watch it like 5 times. I didn't like it the first couple of times I saw it, but now it gets better with each viewing.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ima throw The Cable Guy up there.

and the first Ace Ventura.
HEY EVERYBODY!

I found the one person who likes the Cable Guy!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
HEY EVERYBODY!

I found the one person who likes the Cable Guy!

i love it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
That's why you have running jokes, TS.

That's also why it gets edited like this post except into acts with act breaks, if it's a sitcom.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Nov 19, 2012,
That episode of the X Files where they go to Texas to a town populated by vampires - FUNNY!
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Borat is the only film I can think of right now which genuinely makes me crack up. I love Jim Carey films despite how a lot of people seem to dislike him. Oh and Star Wars I and II are hilarious.

Off topic here, I think it's fun watching children's films and shows and finally getting the jokes that flew over my head when I was younger. Like in Toy Story when Buzz was depressed and drinking tea with those other toys, he was actually meant to be drunk.
West Ham United
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Rob Zombie Presents: The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009).
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by ErikLensherr
Rabbit-Proof Fence
Romper Stomper
Mad Max

There's 3...

Animal Kingdom, although it isn't funny in the slightest

Chopper. i love that movie. hilariously weird
Quote by guitarmaniac88

Clerks II

Anchorman is the greatest comedy film of all time.

I'm out this bitch.

*drops invisible microphone and leaves thread*
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
I find Tropic Thunder bare funny bro.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off