Page 4 of 5
If I've been silent for a good hour or more, my voice will sound kind of weak and high-pitched until I start speaking, when it will gradually become deeper again...

I've also got an obvious Scandinavian accent anyway, so it doesn't make a difference in terms of how much I sound like an idiot.

EDIT: A friend of mine claimed that she had the same range as a guitar, which is about 4 octaves if memory serves me right. She's full of crap anyway, so it might not even be true.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Nov 19, 2012,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
*ahem* Don't be a furry. *ahem*

domg dont mak fun of furres they dont mak fun of you so acsept them as they are because they have it worst then the black people ever did or something like that how come you are so mean to furres on furre sits they acspet them so why cant you
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
My voice is actually deep enough that, on the phone, I've been told I get mistaken for a guy with a height of 6foot+.
Problem is, I'm only 5feet9inches, or 1.23m to your Europeans. (I'm also not super-buff. I can lift 3/4 of my weight, but that's saying much when you weigh 150pounds [68kg].) I literally have a lower voice than many of my buddies who are over 6feet (~2m) tall.

What the hell does size have to do with voice

Wait, did he say that 5'9" is 1.23m? That's not even anywhere close. That's like 4 feet.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Wait, did he say that 5'9" is 1.23m? That's not even anywhere close. That's like 4 feet.

Today, we learned that crazysam has lived a lie his entire life.

OT: My voice isn't deep, but it's not high either. Now, if I'm serious or pissed it's pretty low, but meh.
Quote by whoomit
It's not what you'd call deep.

We can change that bb
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by theogonia777

Dammit!

I added wrong. This is why I need a calculator at all times. Ok...

5 feet = ~1.5m. 9 inches = ~0.23m. So...I'm ~1.73m.

Sorry. My bad.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Today, we learned that crazysam has lived a lie his entire life.

Not really. I'm just bad at converting feet+inches to meters.
This is what happens when I don't have a calculator in front of me. I can do university level math and computer science, but I can't add without punching a few buttons. One time, I even (out of habit) punched 1+1 into a calculator.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
What the hell does size have to do with voice

Someone else asked a similar question...

From here :
Quote by crazysam23_atax
No, it has nothing to do with it. I just get a lot of odd looks initially. As a teenager, I always got called by my dad's name when I picked up the phone. Then, I'd say, "No, it's crazysam". And they'd tell me, "You sound just like your dad." In my limited experience living mostly in the Midwest during my puberty, people somehow connect deep voices and height, at least until they actually see my height. The upside was that I never got that early teen boy "squeaky voice" that all my buddies would complain about.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 19, 2012,
Quote by raoooos
Was that an attempted scouse accent at the end? >.>

No. I am partially scouse although not proud of it. ;_;
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Low enough that I sound like a man of my age and stature, high enough tht I don't like it.
Quote by soundgarden1986
My mic was giving me fits so this is the best I could get

http://vocaroo.com/i/s01z4xNZ4VPJ

Check your mic volume settings by right-clicking on the player.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Last edited by skylerjames13 at Nov 19, 2012,
Quote by eGraham
We can change that bb

Are you talking about gargling cum?

If so then I'm not interested.
Quote by willT08

Best voice in the whole thread.

Quote by Crazysam
Not really. I'm just bad at converting feet+inches to meters.
This is what happens when I don't have a calculator in front of me. I can do university level math and computer science, but I can't add without punching a few buttons. One time, I even (out of habit) punched 1+1 into a calculator.

I punched 5+7 into the calculator once and felt like a douche. Why is basic arithmetic so hard? ;-;
Last edited by Morphogenesis26 at Nov 19, 2012,
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by Zangetsu 101

I legit lol'd.

You are now my best friend.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13

JUST KIDDING. THIS IS MY ACTUAL VOICE

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ELgYU9Se4w
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by Rawshik
Where's Gibson_SG_uzr55 with his Snake voice?

Like the Colonel in MGS2, the Snake voice is merely an artificial idea based on your expectations.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0rdTUSr0t8F
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
My total range is from D2 (lowest note on a drop-D guitar, although I have occasionally reached B1) to F5 without falsetto, up to A5 with falsetto, to F#6 in the whistle register. Useable singing range is E2-C5 in normal voice, up to G5 in mixed voice and no higher using falsetto. I usually speak around C3-C4. That's just over three octaves of useable range, and a bit over four of total range.
These vocaroo recordings sound exactly like someone whos just been told their voice is deep. So then when they talk, they subconsciously try lowering it.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by StewieSwan

You are a racist.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by TheChaz
If strength and manliness is gay.

Anything not feminine is gay.

Wait that can't be right...
West Ham United