Poll Options
View poll results: Topic^
Alienware M14x
39 55%
Apple Macbook pro 13"
32 45%
Voters: 71.
Page 1 of 3
I know both are overpriced, but which is more worth the money? I'm not planning on playing any games on either but alienwares (afaik) have superb build quality and look quite sublime.
That's like asking if a lion or tiger is less likely to kill.

However, I'm going to say Alienware because:

1) it's not a Mac
2) Macs are gay
3) aliens are cool
*your ad here*
Last edited by theogonia777 at Nov 19, 2012,
Aleinware? are you an alien
haha loljk

get Apple tho.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Neither.

So neither is overpriced *confuzzled*?

^I know but of the two which is less overpriced?
They both make computers with hardware that would altogether cost a fraction of their RRP but they get morons to buy them because they are either shiny brushed aluminium or covered in neon green, blue and red lights with a martian logo on it.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
IF YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT FOR GAMING THEN PLEASE DONT BE STUPID AND GET THE ALIENWARE. PLUS IT LOOKS UGLY AS SIN.

Get the Mac. Please.
Quote by archenemyfan
So neither is overpriced *confuzzled*?

^I know but of the two which is less overpriced?

"Apple or Alienware?"
Neither.
"Which is less overpriced?"
Neither.
You could build a computer with superior performance, using name brand parts, for much less than an alienware costs, and I'd bet the alienware Chinese knockoff parts on the inside.

Of course, the same could be said about a mac but you don't get that snazzy Snow Mountain Leopard Lion 10.675456 OS or whatever they're on now.

Both are bad imo.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Last edited by The Charm at Nov 19, 2012,
Seriously, get a Macbook Pro. I love mine.

"Alienware" looks dorky as shit.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by The Charm
You could build a computer with superior performance, using name brand parts, for much less than an alienware costs, and I'd bet the alienware Chinese knockoff parts on the inside.

Of course, the same could be said about a mac but you don't get that snazzy Snow Mountain Leopard Lion 10.675456 OS or whatever they're on now.

Both are bad imo.

I want a laptop so you can't really build one.

One thing I love about Macs is their touchpads. So much better than the one on my current HP.

Also any other brands worth checking out? Not getting Sony or HP.
I've had nothing but horrific experiences with Dell, who own Alienware, so I'll go ahead and say don't touch the Alienware.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
I don't understand why it's a choice between alienware or the macbook. There are so many other overpriced laptops you could be choosing from
Well do you want to support Chinese mass suicide or not?

I guess they installed nets for when they jump out of the Apple factory. but whatever.
Both are shite imo. Although Alien can be used for like pretty much everything (relative to Mac of course)
build your own, seriously you save alot more money.
if you dont want to/ cant build one, go with Maingear or Origin.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
build your own, seriously you save alot more money.
if you dont want to/ cant build one, go with Maingear or Origin.

Build my own laptop?!
why do mac haters always use the "you could have a more powerful computer, therefore Macs are worthless" argument. It's obvious that mac users buy them because of the software, which can't be achieved on a windows.

OP depends how you feel about MacOS. I love it therefore, the macbook is less overpriced to me, but there are people who only care about power so they would say that the Alienware is less overpriced.
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
TS: why on earth are you thinking of getting an Alienware if you don't want to do any gaming? Isn't that pretty much the point of them? You are really wasting money on unneccessary hardware if you're not going to game on it.

Quote by purplexing
why do mac haters always use the "you could have a more powerful computer, therefore Macs are worthless" argument. It's obvious that mac users buy them because of the software, which can't be achieved on a windows.

OP depends how you feel about MacOS. I love it therefore, the macbook is less overpriced to me, but there are people who only care about power so they would say that the Alienware is less overpriced.

It's not "you could have a more powerful computer", it's "you could have a laptop just as good in specs as a Mac for a lot less". The point on software I guess is less clear cut, but generally I think you can get software just as good and functional (and in many cases, the same - iTunes, Safari, Paintshop etc) as Apple's on a laptop.
It depends. Do you want a $1500 gaming machine, or $1500 Facebook machine?

Normally I'm against Alienware desktops because you can custom-build a machine for much less that's more powerful and doesn't have unnecessary shit on it. But since we're talking laptops, I'd say go with an Alienware.

Most run-of-the-mill brands (Lenovo, Dell, Acer, etc.) tend to pre install their machines with unnessacary programs that take up space, and have shitty versions of Windows.

Plus the graphics cards often times don't have independent video memory/shaders, whereas on the Alienware machines I've looked at, they do, surprisingly.

Avoid Apple every which way possible, unless you want to look like a pretentious liberal hipster.
Quote by nickdohle
Well do you want to support Chinese mass suicide or not?

I guess they installed nets for when they jump out of the Apple factory. but whatever.
Alienware computers also use Foxconn hardware.

Fail.
If you just want to throw money around to show that you got it like that get the Mac. It is still possible to buy a mac for no reason and not look like an absolute douche. That boat sailed for alienware back in 02.
Frankly, I would recommend an ASUS. Really good, just a lot of bloatware to sift through. Just spend an afternoon going through all the superfluous crap and you're good to go!
Quote by archenemyfan
I know both are overpriced, but which is more worth the money? I'm not planning on playing any games on either but alienwares (afaik) have superb build quality and look quite sublime.

Get an Asus.

http://www.amazon.com/VivoBook-S400CA-DH51T-14-1-Inch-Touch-Ultrabook/dp/B009F1JL5A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353357604&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+vivobook

14 inch touch screen ultrabook with an i5 for 699.

Or for 1225 you could get this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230617

And both look hell of a lot better than alienware. They both actually have a pretty similar aesthetic as a macbook.
Quote by Skullivan
Just get an ASUS and be delighted for the rest of your life.

**** ASUS.

Build your own computer, or buy a Dell. It's the only way you won't get ripped off. And I recommend the former option.

And again, **** ASUS.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Ian_the_fox
It depends. Do you want a $1500 gaming machine, or $1500 Facebook machine?

Normally I'm against Alienware desktops because you can custom-build a machine for much less that's more powerful and doesn't have unnecessary shit on it. But since we're talking laptops, I'd say go with an Alienware.

Most run-of-the-mill brands (Lenovo, Dell, Acer, etc.) tend to pre install their machines with unnessacary programs that take up space, and have shitty versions of Windows.

Plus the graphics cards often times don't have independent video memory/shaders, whereas on the Alienware machines I've looked at, they do, surprisingly.

Avoid Apple every which way possible, unless you want to look like a pretentious liberal hipster.

1500$ Facebook/Sound engineering machine

Also what I don't like about like about other brands Acer, dell etc etc. is that they feel flimsy and poorly built. I'm sure they're very sturdy but it's not appealing when it's made up of crappy looking plastic.

edit: It sounds like I'm being a blind fanboy, but all of that is based off of experience. so idk

My friend has an Alienware and it's really well built, thats why I've been considering getting one.
Last edited by archenemyfan at Nov 19, 2012,
HP and asus make good spec laptops that will be slightly better value for money, but meh.
I think the alienware will be better value for money (if that term is even applicable to alienware) due to the specs.
I will never go near an apple computer, but if you like the software and user friendly feel, then its not a bad choice. I think if you are not going to game on your laptop, then go for the macbook, as its likely to have better battery life. My friends alienware seems to be always connected to its charger, even around college.
I have had a hp laptop for the past 3 years, it was originally for call of duty 4 which it still plays, but only on lowest settings. Now its mainly for note taking, and internet browsing.

If you are picking an alienware for the visual aesthetics, my advice would be to pass on it. You will regret how it looks in 6 months max. It's arguably cool for a few days, then its really silly looking.

What will you actually use the laptop for?
Quote by archenemyfan

Also what I don't like about like about other brands Acer, dell etc etc. is that they feel flimsy and poorly built. I'm sure they're very sturdy but it's not appealing when it's made up of crappy looking plastic.

My friend has an Alienware and it's really well built, thats why I've been considering getting one.

That's because Acer is trash. Look at those two Asus laptops I posted.
Quote by eGraham
**** ASUS.

Build your own computer, or buy a Dell. It's the only way you won't get ripped off. And I recommend the former option.

And again, **** ASUS.

...A dell...

not sure if srs.
Everyone I know that's owned a dell has had it die within a year or two.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by idk_idk
HP and asus make good spec laptops that will be slightly better value for money, but meh.
I think the alienware will be better value for money (if that term is even applicable to alienware) due to the specs.
I will never go near an apple computer, but if you like the software and user friendly feel, then its not a bad choice. I think if you are not going to game on your laptop, then go for the macbook, as its likely to have better battery life. My friends alienware seems to be always connected to its charger, even around college.
I have had a hp laptop for the past 3 years, it was originally for call of duty 4 which it still plays, but only on lowest settings. Now its mainly for note taking, and internet browsing.

If you are picking an alienware for the visual aesthetics, my advice would be to pass on it. You will regret how it looks in 6 months max. It's arguably cool for a few days, then its really silly looking.

hp makes the shittiest laptops in history
Get a Sager or similar Clevo reseller.

so much better value.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Wasn't serious. I just recommend people building their own lol.

Also I didn't pay much attention and now I see he's talking about a laptop, which is considerably harder to build. I've also never looked at Alienware laptop prices, so idk.

So all I do know is that I'll never buy another product from ASUS. They have the worst customer support I've ever dealt with. Absolutely infuriating.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by idk_idk

Just work, mixing, surfing the internet and stuff like that.

Also the keyboard and touchpad HAS to be good. That's a top priority.
Quote by archenemyfan
Can't argue that. Probably the only reason I can ever imagine myself getting a Mac Pro is for recording/mixing. Logic is easily one of the best DAW's out there.

But still, if I were going to spend $1500 on any PC, laptop or build, I'd want it to do a lot more.
Page 1 of 3