Page 3 of 6
Tentative list, I will post my final list on December 31st.

1. Kishi Bashi- 151a
2. Sigur Rós- Valtari
3. Kendrick Lamar- good kid, m.A.A.d, city
4. Muse- The 2nd Law
5. Andy Stott- Luxury Problems
6. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend
7. Grimes- Visions
8. Black Swan- Heaven
9. Pepe Deluxe- Queen of the Wave

Only top nine because I don't know who I want in the top ten.
oh wait, this counts for 2012.

Hotline Miami soundtrack:
http://soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/sets/hotline-miami-official
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug

I've yet to listen to the new Deftones, but I expect that to be up there too.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by palm mute
I enjoy Gojira's music and their newest album is complete shit.

Album of 2012:

yesyesyesyesyesyesyes
yes
so ****ing good
I forgot about this album
An Offering of Grief is probably my favourite ever song

Don't get why so many people are Gojira bashing, though, it may not be their best album, but The Axe/Mouth of Kala/Explosia/L'Enfant sauvage are all ****ing MASTERPIECES. Probably my favourite songs by them. **** it it's definitely my favourite album by them.
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Nov 21, 2012,
Looking at this thread, I never realized that the Pit was actually into all of the stuff I've gotten around the radio station. Like I've never heard of any of the bands that I get, but apparently all of you are really into them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
No Insomnium, Moonsorrow, or Omnium Gatherum this year, which makes things a bit tougher.

Sonata Arctica - Stones Grow Her Name (less metal, still great)
Periphery - This Time It's Personal (for the title alone)
Devin Townsend - Epicloud (I had to, by law)
Sybreed - God Is An Automaton (they beat Fear Factory at their own game this year)
Deftones - Koi No Yokan (and how)
Wintersun - Time I (although it had its weak moments)

And my top pick, which I bet nobody is going to agree with:

Celldweller - Wish Upon A Blackstar

Still need to check out Dead End Kings by Katatonia, but it'll probably top the list too.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Nov 21, 2012,
for me it's either Fear Factory - The Industrialist, Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity, or Rush - Clockwork Angels.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Quote by pwnadgebunny
for me it's either Fear Factory - The Industrialist, Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity, or Rush - Clockwork Angels.

No Pig Destroyer? (Great sig quote, by the way.)
Tough choice this year. Out of the 35 or so albums I listened to from this year hear is my top 5:

1. Pig Destroyer - Book Burner
2. Tame Impala - Lonerism
3. First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar
4. Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction
5. Grimes - Visions

Honorable mentions:
Literature - Arab Spring
Crystal Castles -lll
Disasterpeace - FEZ
Beach House - Bloom
Summer Twins - Summer Twins
La Sera - Sees the Light
Frankie Rose - Interstellar

Worst album that I've got this year goes to Best Coast. Really boring album, didn't dig it at all. I like their first album and the songs before it, but The Only Place sucks.
Quote by Cavalcade
No Pig Destroyer? (Great sig quote, by the way.)

oh shit how did i forget to add Book Burner in there. yeah that's up there with those 3 as well.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones Part 1

Testament - Dark Roots of Earth

Periphery - Periphery II: This Time It's Personal
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
Album of the year for me easily goes to deftones. It is absolutely awesome.
Also Dave Matthews Band, Anathema, Muse, Don Broco, Billy Talent, Silversun Pickups, PABH, Enter Shikari, Katatonia and Calvin Harris. There's probably many more that I haven't discovered yet.
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Quote by Alex_WK
Album of the year for me easily goes to deftones. It is absolutely awesome.
Also Dave Matthews Band, Anathema, Muse, Don Broco, Billy Talent, Silversun Pickups, PABH, Enter Shikari, Katatonia and Calvin Harris. There's probably many more that I haven't discovered yet.

Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by TheReverend724
Institutions, what are the top and bottom albums? And is that nano.RIPE album their full length? I love their singles

LiSA's LOVER"S"MiLE and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's newest single Fashion Monster.

And yeah, it's their second full length that came out on October 3rd iirc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpeynOV3fno
Koloss is my runner-up, and I want to say The Afterman is close too, waiting for Descension to hit so I can enjoy it in its entirety first.

I'd like to thank this thread for telling me that Crystal Castles is a thing. I would not have found them on my own, even--actually, ESPECIALLY--if someone had described them. But I had no idea what it would sound like so just kind of picked a random song off their new album to listen to on YouTube... and then just kept on listening.
I forgot about Gojira and Parkway Drive when I first posted. Both of them are brilliant albums.

I think, in a rough order:

1- Baroness - Yellow and Green
2- Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
3- Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor II
4- Parkway Drive - Atlas
5- Lamb of God - Resolution

EDIT: Does 'Born To Die - The Paradise Edition' by Lana Del Rey count? It's a rerelease of an album from last year with about 10 new songs.
Last edited by TEK34 at Nov 21, 2012,
Three of my favourites, in no particular order...

I wasn't as impressed with this year's offering as I have been previously, but there were still quite a few quality releases.
Quote by institutions
LiSA's LOVER"S"MiLE and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's newest single Fashion Monster.

And yeah, it's their second full length that came out on October 3rd iirc.

now I feel awful for not recognizing Kyary

and sick, I'll have to check it out
I've listened to a lot of new stuff recently. I'm not really sure if the majority of it was actually released this year though.

The new Converge, Title Fight and Joyce Manor are all good. I don't know what else is definitely new.

Last edited by Gerard_xD at Nov 21, 2012,
I know most of you guys aren't huge on more pop-oriented music but this album was absolutely fantastic.

If you don't know about TRS, it's one guy writing, recording, and producing all instruments and vocals. And he's great. Here's a sample song from the album in case you're interested.
LOVE ANTHONY GREEN?
Quote by sneyob
I am slightly disappointed =w=eeze took me out of his sig.

But that's okay.

^Consolation Sig
Last edited by =w=eeze at Nov 22, 2012,

Awesome record. Death To My Hometown, Jack Of All Trades, the title track, Shackled & Drawn... so many good songs!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Deftones - Koi No Yokan
High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
Meshuggah - Koloss
Alt J - An Awesome Wave
Soundgarden - King Animal
Quote by Demon Wolf
*BRUUUUUUUUCE*
Awesome record. Death To My Hometown, Jack Of All Trades, the title track, Shackled & Drawn... so many good songs!

This is easily my second favourite 2012 album.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
This is easily my second favourite 2012 album.

I saw him both nights in Gothenburg this summer. Unreal. Best concerts I have ever seen. Completely out of this world. 3:47 the first night, 3:45 the second.

Second concert was by far the greatest thing I have ever witnessed.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I actually haven't got a huge amount of music from 2012 but from what I have my top 3 would be:

1. Periphery - Periphery II: This Time It's Personal
2. Between the Buried and Me: The Parallax II: Future Sequence
3: Steve Vai: The Story of Light
For me, The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten. That said I haven't actually listened to many albums which have come out this year.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I haven't listened to any music from this year.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
A couple of contenders for me personally:

King Animal - Soundgarden

Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen

Get Disowned - Hop Along

Busting Visions - Zeus

Was really infatuated by Alt-J's album initially, but it's grown a bit stale on me.

Edit: Forgot this one...

Shields - Grizzly Bear
Last edited by frankv at Nov 23, 2012,
Alright, I'm finally getting around to this. I can never do a ranked list or anything though because I don't rank music. So here are the albums I love of this year.

Note: For your convenience, I have put the album covers in spoiler tags as not to clutter the page and simultaneously allow more albums to be added to my list. As an addition, I have also linked each cover to a sample from each album. Just click the art and listen. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Due to the forum limitations, this is the maximum amount of images allowed in one post, so it will be followed with two more parts, so bear with me. I know the mods frown upon triple posting, but just think of it as one post with dividers. Still shorter than a Slacker post!
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------