Page 1 of 4
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
So yeah, post the annoying things that u have to put up with as a musician/someone that plays an instrument...

I'll start us off.

Dat feel when u set up for drop B and the saddles don't travel far enough to intonate properly. The two B strings and the C# is off by a couple of cents and I could get there with a few more turns of a screwdriver if the saddles had more travel room.;___;
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
willT08
Banned
2,923 IQ
tfw you can't write anything that reflects what you want it to
Metallicaxp
Floating through time
184 IQ
When I can't find a nice sharp pick.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
425 IQ
That feel when every family member wants you to 'play something on the guitar!'
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
That feel when you hear someone actually plays in drop B.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
ITT: Musicians talking musician talk in The Pit rather than talking musician talk in Musicians Talk.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,012 IQ
"You'll have to play something for us some time"
666atheist666
Metallicaxp
Floating through time
184 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
ITT: Musicians talking musician talk in The Pit rather than talking musician talk in Musicians Talk.

There's more people in The Pit though. So, like, yeah.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,559 IQ
Tfw there is no jizz.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
808 IQ
TFW some artist has already written a perfect song, that resonates with you in every way, and you feel like not playing anymore because you didn't write it.

(It's an ego feel, and it's lame)

Also when you write great riffs and have trouble placing them in a song or writing parts for the rest of the band that sound as good as the original riff.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey
3,503 IQ
Wanting to play songs in different tunings. I tune down/up to play some songs and then want to change again. Thats what annoys me the most lol.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
LostLegion
32CSM
2,216 IQ
Having to constantly put your guitar at different tunings because you can't afford another one
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
Quote by institutions
That feel when you hear someone actually plays in drop B.

It's not like I'm doing something that's totally lame like chugging. I'm doing it so I can play pseudo bass parts on guitar.

Quote by Hydra150

This isn't meant to be a serious musician talk discussion. This is meant to be a chilled out rant thread, not anything technical like what those losers in MT talk about.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
That feel when some random person goes, "Play my favorite song" and you're like, "Bitch, I ain't learning your favorite song!" Then, they tell you that you suck.
jmako
777 IQ
Thinking about things that bother me as a musician instead of thinking about things that make me happy to be a musician
Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
808 IQ
Also, it doesn't feel so great when people treat you like a human jukebox.

Click me, or I'll die.

Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
That feel when you get a new guitar and don't know what tuning to set it in.

E standard or D!?
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26

E standard or D!?
fitifiyi
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26

E standard or D!?

Purchase capo

Put in D

Apply capo to 2nd fret when u want it in E

????

PROFIT!
Quote by L2112Lif
FireFromTheVoid
Strange Juice
96 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
That feel when some random person goes, "Play my favorite song" and you're like, "Bitch, I ain't learning your favorite song!" Then, they tell you that you suck.

This, hits me right in the ego.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I'll come out 3 years after the end of the world

Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
808 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26

E standard or D!?

Is it 22 or 24 frets? If it's 24, then you can capo the 2nd fret when it's in D and still bend up to the high E.

Click me, or I'll die.

adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
Quote by LostLegion
Having to constantly put your guitar at different tunings because you can't afford another one

This so much.

OT: When you need money, but you can't get some because you wanna be a musician instead of actually making money. It sucx
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Yeah, it's like they keep pestering you 'play something for me', and you eventually play them something and they're like 'i don't know what you just played you must not be very good'.
It's like, I don't sing and all I've got here is an acoustic guitar, what did you expect?
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by Bushinarin
Is it 22 or 24 frets? If it's 24, then you can capo the 2nd fret when it's in D and still bend up to the high E.

I do this with my 7-string, but it'll be 22 frets.

A lot of the stuff I would gravitate toward playing would be in D and I've always wanted to write in D, but my 6-string is 30 years old, missing screws, rusted, and just shit.

I also have them feels of not knowing how to intonate a Floyd...TO THE TUNING THREAD!
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Yeah, it's like they keep pestering you 'play something for me', and you eventually play them something and they're like 'i don't know what you just played you must not be very good'.
It's like, I don't sing and all I've got here is an acoustic guitar, what did you expect?

This happens to me everytime i take out a guitar, and i don't know any pop songs, so i can never play what they ask me to.
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by adamgur96
This happens to me everytime i take out a guitar, and i don't know any pop songs, so i can never play what they ask me to.

People ask me to play songs from the 50s that no one but them knows. ._.

Them feels when you have riff amnesia along with it.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Them feels when you have riff amnesia along with it.

Tell me about it....
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
Quote by adamgur96

Yeah, I played a finger style arrangement of You've Got A Friend In Me for my aunt, who has kids so has definitely seen Toy Story, and she still didn't know what I was doing/care. For ages she kept asking to hear me play and then she just complained
Non musicians are so annoying. But so are musicians, so
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by LostLegion

Only playing songs in one tuning because you can't afford another one and your guitar has a floyd rose that you don't feel like retuning
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
TFW you improv an amazing solo and when you go to record you can't remember what you played.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
TFW you improv an amazing solo and when you go to record you can't remember what you played.

I do this all the time. I'll be dicking around and come up with something that sounds cool, but then I try to record and I can't do anything but chords/riffs.;__;
Quote by L2112Lif
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
tfw you work really hard on a track and don't even really care for the finished result.

tfw you play something great whenever you're alone, but the first time you play it live, it doesn't go well and you feel like you misrepresented your talents as a musician.

tfw a girl gets 100X more props than she's worth simply because she happens to have a vagina and play an instrument.

tfw you don't really play for people, but that one time you do, they label you as a "show-off."
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
Quote by whywefight
Only playing songs in one tuning because you can't afford another one and your guitar has a floyd rose that you don't feel like retuning

That feel.jpg
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude
2,151 IQ
It's a good thing that I don't need a floyd rose since I'm not a stunt guitarist.
Quote by L2112Lif
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by The Madcap
tfw you don't really play for people, but that one time you do, they label you as a "show-off."

There was this one douche I had to play with in a band that would call me a show off at every thing I played, the reason he did was because he could only play bad Metalcore chugging.

He also called me Mr. Metalcore after playing a riff off of Focus by Cynic. I still don't understand that.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
Quote by The Madcap

I know that feel. Made me question how I felt about being the centre of attention.