Page 2 of 4
I've got one that has been happening to me lately that pisses me off a ton.

That feel when you're playing a song, original or cover, with your band and you feel everything is going well, then the singer says, "I can't sing this, can we drop the tuning a whole step?" or whatever. It annoys the shit about of me. Takes time, and it sounds lame.

Also, once in my dorm building's lobby people were having a karaoke night. That was fine and dandy, but my friend and I were playing guitar in my room, which is quite far from the lobby. My friend started doing a crazy solo he had been working on, and these three girls run by my room. They open the door and say, "Whoa, what was that? Was that guitar hero?"

My friend and I laugh and say "No that was the real deal" then my friend starts to play the solo again. Then the girls just say "Oh, okay then." and leave, without even complimenting him.

Non musicians are ridiculously stupid and annoying sometimes.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
This, hits me right in the ego.

I used to get it all the time in high school. Girls would always ask, "Can you play 'Hey, Delilah'?" which is a song I hated. Anyway, hits me right in the ego too.
Quote by Metallicaxp
When I can't find a nice sharp pick.

I feel dem feels, I could only find a jazzII not a jazzIII today

Quote by institutions
That feel when you hear someone actually plays in drop B.

Let your drop B prejudice die...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkaSKkHYpJA
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by thePTOD
Also, once in my dorm building's lobby people were having a karaoke night. That was fine and dandy, but my friend and I were playing guitar in my room, which is quite far from the lobby. My friend started doing a crazy solo he had been working on, and these three girls run by my room. They open the door and say, "Whoa, what was that? Was that guitar hero?"

My friend and I laugh and say "No that was the real deal" then my friend starts to play the solo again. Then the girls just say "Oh, okay then." and leave, without even complimenting him.

I would've punched them in the face.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by thePTOD

wat
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Tfw everyone is bitching about different tunings.

I have 7 guitars. All in standard.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by thePTOD
I've got one that has been happening to me lately that pisses me off a ton.

That feel when you're playing a song, original or cover, with your band and you feel everything is going well, then the singer says, "I can't sing this, can we drop the tuning a whole step?" or whatever. It annoys the shit about of me. Takes time, and it sounds lame.

Guitar hero is more impressive than actual guitar.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

When you're in the middle of a solo and about to play a dramatic bend on the E-string.
And it snaps.

When you're rocking out like a bad-ass and you step on your cable and it pops out while your backing track is like LOLNOOB.

And lastly... that dust that collects inbetween your pickups..FFS
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Oh, and when you're playing and your head itches like hell and you try to play entirely with your fretting hand while you scratch but you fail so you look like an ass. that sucks.
tfw all thats available are chairs with arms.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Harvey Swick
tfw all thats available are chairs with arms.

Chairs with arms are proof that Satan exists.
tfw you don't like anything you come up with, or it sounds too similar to an existing song.

tfw you've been playing 10 years and you see kids who've been playing for 3 years that are better than you'll ever be.

tfw you just noodle around on guitar but haven't learned a new song in ages.
When you write music your bandmates can't play, because they don't know how to play anything else but 4/4 Nirvana cover songs.

Even worse: when you live in an area where all the other musicians around your age are that way, except for a select few who don't have time for anything. Seriously, unless you live in an area loaded with music school graduates, or if you just so happen to know the right people, DO NOT expect to get anywhere in a progressive metal band. Just don't even try.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
When you write music your bandmates can't play, because they don't know how to play anything else but 4/4 Nirvana cover songs.

Even worse: when you live in an area where all the other musicians around your age are that way, except for a select few who don't have time for anything. Seriously, unless you live in an area loaded with music school graduates, or if you just so happen to know the right people, DO NOT expect to get anywhere in a progressive metal band. Just don't even try.

It'd be just as hard to find an audience, so
tfw when youre a lefty and you want into a music store

when you write something none of your bandmates can play cause they dont know how to play in anything else but common time

tfw you pay an awesome solo and the last bitching note is stopped by a broken stirng and youre on a floyd rose guitar and thats the first song on the list and you dont have a back up because you cant ever find a left guitar that isnt either a shitty starter or ridicilously expensive mark up from the rightey version and you cant borrow a guitar frmo anybody so it pissed you off and you strt drinking

also tfw when you write a cool bassline groove and your bassist plays it all in 8th notes
That feeling when barely anyone you know plays instruments, and the ones that do have no interest in doing it.

It's lonely in outer space
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by sashki
tfw when everyone and their dog plays guitar (usually better than you), and drummers are mythical creatures that you only see on TV

how many drummers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

none, they have a machine for that now.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by eGraham
That feeling when barely anyone you know plays instruments, and the ones that do have no interest in doing it.

It's lonely in outer space

That feel.jpg
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Quote by StewieSwan
"You'll have to play something for us some time"

ugh
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by supersac
tfw when youre a lefty and you want into a music store

I know this feel all too well.
Quote by FenderBender72

That was not funny.
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Quote by adamgur96
That was not funny.

I obviously thought otherwise. Me and many others found it funny enough to be on a SNL "Best Of" movie.

tfw you're talking to the person you normally jam with, whose worse at guitar and can't really sing, about covering a song, and he's like "yea so I think I'll play the lead and sing, since playing lead will make it easier to sing" and I'm like, wtf. I wish musicians could stand not being the center of attention all the time.
TFW you still sometimes think that the guitar isn't a 'proper' instrument.
OUT OF ORDER
TFW when you haven't changed the strings on your two guitars for almost a year because you've had other stuff you've had to spend most of your money on groceries and other essentials.

TFW you see people on YouTube who have been playing guitar a quarter of the time you are and they are twice the guitarist you are.

TFW you know you want to practice properly but every time you just know where to begin, and get distracted too easily.
Quote by Hydra150
It'd be just as hard to find an audience, so
I have no problem finding an audience. Just bastards who know how to play the stuff. If it's mosh-able guys like it (also not an easy thing to do with Prog, but possible).

Another trouble I run into is when you find the perfect bandmate for the part and he doesn't have sufficient gear for the part. Like he's the greatest guitarist ever, but has a SS Spider/MG or Crate combo that cant' keep up with my 100w tube amp, or a bass player still using his 15w starter amp.

Everyone's also very poor around here.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Another trouble I run into is when you find the perfect bandmate for the part and he doesn't have sufficient gear for the part. Like he's the greatest guitarist ever, but has a SS Spider/MG or Crate combo that cant' keep up with my 100w tube amp, or a bass player still using his 15w starter amp.

Everyone's also very poor around here.

I have been playing gigs for the past year with my Spider III. It sounds horrible, feels horrible, and looks horrible. I am lucky, however, that the band sounds worse than a Spider, so I somehow get all the props.

I'm actually finally upgrading my guitar now after years, and once I get a job soon I'm going to try to get a decent amp.

I would suggest that those guys look at pawn shops to find something at least somewhat better and tolerable for live shows. I can't imagine you guys need great gear to gig and shit, just good enough that it doesn't sound like ass.
That feel when you have the drive to make music and the time to make music, but never both at the same time.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Tfw You're too poor for new gear.

Tfw Your bandmates think you're "too serious" about music, and just wanna have fun.

Tfw 8/10 guitarists play just chords, and the 2/10 are gods.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
That feel being a shredder and your room mate plays random chords and you're like D: AMAZING

That feel owning 7 mediocre guitars and seeing your friends 13 nice guitars

That feel when drummers give up on the jam, get stabbed, or work too much.

That feel when you play bass

That feel when you buy a new set of strings and never actually put them on your guitar.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Um...can't you just have the guy with an "inferior" amp mic his amp? Seriously, if his amp can't be loud enough, then mic the damn thing. Don't they usually have you all plug into the house sound system anyway, when you play gigs?

Quote by thePTOD

ppl aren't stupid and annoying just b/c they don't shower you in compliments. guitar playing isn't that impressive and it's not very fun to me those who can't play guitar, whereas guitar hero is. perspective mang.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
It's not like I'm doing something that's totally lame like chugging. I'm doing it so I can play pseudo bass parts on guitar.

This isn't meant to be a serious musician talk discussion. This is meant to be a chilled out rant thread, not anything technical like what those losers in MT talk about.

I resent that, sir.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Um...can't you just have the guy with an "inferior" amp mic his amp? Seriously, if his amp can't be loud enough, then mic the damn thing. Don't they usually have you all plug into the house sound system anyway, when you play gigs?

You're really not experienced with serious gigging, are you?

To start with, Spiders and MG's sound like total ass, especially in a band situation. It's not all about being loud enough, it's also about sounding good.

Also, I don't think you get the concept of projection. The purpose of having a 4x12 cab setup is so the sound is dispersed across a wider area and upwards, so you get a more consistent and even sound across a more open stage, versus a single 12" speaker with a limited range. It's not just for "looking cool."

Sending all guitars through the foldback system is a mess, especially if you're also a vocalist (like I am). And around here you're lucky if you even get a decent PA system that isn't made by Behringer or Yamaha. I'd rather hear the organic sound from my amp rather than a cheap reproduction through a $50 Behringer foldback.

You learn these things when you start playing more gigs aside from you're 7-year-old neighbor kid's birthday party, you know.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
I would suggest that those guys look at pawn shops to find something at least somewhat better and tolerable for live shows. I can't imagine you guys need great gear to gig and shit, just good enough that it doesn't sound like ass.
I've tried to help them get new gear but most of them either blow their money on weed and cigarettes, or are overly attached to the sound of one specific amp that's so out of their price range that they'll never obtain (like one guy who really wants a Mesa Dual Rec but he really can't afford one right now).

That's another annoyance: broke bandmates...