Page 2 of 8
I like a few of their tracks. I thought City of Evil was pretty good and I actually enjoyed some of the tracks from their self-titled, A Little Piece of Heaven mainly. I tend to enjoy their cheesy theatrical melody aspects more than their technical work

I can see the point about their fanbase though being pretty obnoxious since they're kind of an entry-level band (that doesn't mean the band is bad though, it just tends to attract those kinds of fans). I've always known they're not heavy.

Also, those arguments about whether A7X are "real metal" or not are stupid. Actually you could replace A7X with any other band that falls in that argument category and it would still apply.
I don't really like that band. The songs are to cheesy and so are the riffs. The leads on them are pretty good though. They look like a teen metalcore highschool band when compared to bands like Angra and Cynic(Took Metal to a new Level). I guess it's all about taste. I can't really stand their music. I hate their music but not the people in the band.
Marty Friedman+Jason Becker=Cacophony
Last edited by megaluisdeth at Nov 20, 2012,
Quote by skylerjames13
Sure they may not be as talented as musicians YOU listen to, but you cannot deny they are talented. I fail to see how the talent comment is a valid point.

It's a personal point. For me, personally, I just don't find them interesting, because their arrangements/riffs are Not as complex as the music I usually listen to. I'm not saying that it's an issue to anyone but me. If you find their arrangements/songwriting/riffs interesting or whatever, cool. I don't.
they're bad but we've all known this for years and now it's boring to discuss.
Everyone hates them because everyone else hates them. It's stupid, they have some really great songs.
I don't hate them per say, they do get allot of unreasonable hate but I do hate alot of things about the band:

1. the stage names they have are cheesier than manowar's lyrics, I mean names like "zacky vengeance" or "synyster gates" are a ludicrous attempt to appear more Br00t@lz (which is a retarded concept in itself)
2. the singer they have has a such a whiny and annoying voice
3. they really have clouded what people think a metal band is sort of like what the hair bands did back in the 80's with the generic crappy lyrics and effeminate looks

I wouldn't go out of my way to bitch about them and if you like their music more power to you. I'l admit their guitar work is pretty decent and I've heard some pretty cool riffs and licks off them but a decent burger in a crappy yeast infected patty won't do it for me
My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
Quote by arabmetallion
I don't hate them per say, they do get allot of unreasonable hate but I do hate alot of things about the band:

1. the stage names they have are cheesier than manowar's lyrics, I mean names like "zacky vengeance" or "synyster gates" are a ludicrous attempt to appear more Br00t@lz (which is a retarded concept in itself)
2. the singer they have has a such a whiny and annoying voice
3. they really have clouded what people think a metal band is sort of like what the hair bands did back in the 80's with the generic crappy lyrics and effeminate looks

I wouldn't go out of my way to bitch about them and if you like their music more power to you. I'l admit their guitar work is pretty decent and I've heard some pretty cool riffs and licks off them but a decent burger in a crappy yeast infected patty won't do it for me

The singer of Dashboard Confessional has a whiny voice, M Shadows does not. It's not the best but it's not whiny.
I love how it's just assumed that people hate them because "everybody else does." Is it not possible for people to not like something because they just don't like it?
Quote by Thrill-house
The singer of Dashboard Confessional has a whiny voice, M Shadows does not. It's not the best but it's not whiny.

Nasally. His style is definitely nasally. Like Lois Griffin.
I don't like the vocals sometimes. That's about it.

> Nasally. His style is definitely nasally. Like Lois Griffin.

That's why.
Last edited by RyuichiNoGekido at Nov 20, 2012,
Quote by W4RP1G
Nasally. His style is definitely nasally. Like Lois Griffin.

ahhh that was the word I was looking for, I dunno whenever I hear a voice I find annoying I usually associate it with being whiny but nasally is exactly it
My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
It's a personal point. For me, personally, I just don't find them interesting, because their arrangements/riffs are Not as complex as the music I usually listen to. I'm not saying that it's an issue to anyone but me. If you find their arrangements/songwriting/riffs interesting or whatever, cool. I don't.

Well that's fine. To me, it came off as you saying that just because they don't have the same talent as the stuff you listen to, they aren't talented. But yeah, now that you explain it, it's a point. Just denying they have talent isn't. Just got the wrong message, is all.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Matt definitely has a nasally voice sometimes. And often, that's what makes me cringe when I go back and listen to them.

When he isn't singing really nasally though, I love the gritty/sandpaper like sound of his voice. Great tone, asides the nasally parts.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
Well that's fine. To me, it came off as you saying that just because they don't have the same talent as the stuff you listen to, they aren't talented. But yeah, now that you explain it, it's a point. Just denying they have talent isn't. Just got the wrong message, is all.

Well, I didn't mean to say they don't have talent. I phrased that badly. Sorry.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Well, I didn't mean to say they don't have talent. I phrased that badly. Sorry.

Nah it's cool, shit happens bro.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
I do not like how the vocalist sounds, and I hate their stage names. But Brian is a good guitarist
Quote by goest
I love how it's just assumed that people hate them because "everybody else does." Is it not possible for people to not like something because they just don't like it?

That's the way I see it because everyone I've talked to that has told me they don't like them has not given 1 real reason. It's always something like "they look stupid" "they have retarded names" Even if that's true that doesn't mean their music is shit.
Quote by Thrill-house
That's the way I see it because everyone I've talked to that has told me they don't like them has not given 1 real reason. It's always something like "they look stupid" "they have retarded names" Even if that's true that doesn't mean their music is shit.

It's no less a valid reason.
I've never been able to figure it out. They are genuinely pretty talented. Plus, Waking the Fallen, and City of Evil are solid albums, as well as some of their self-titled. I don't really like much of their newer stuff as it's kind of diminished in originality imo, but it's still a lot better than most mainstream stuff.
Quote by Thrill-house

Yeah, I noticed it's either that or the singer's voice. Personally, I like their music, but I'm not what I'd call a fan.
So theres alot of hate on A7X because of some their fans? Are you serious?! Theres hate because of how they choose to dress and their names they chose? Really?? Thats so petty and close minded guys, come on people! If you don't like their music thats fine, but it sems like they're getting alot of hate for pretty dumb reasons. And talent shouldn't be a consideration on what is good music, just cause a band might not be super shredders doesn't automatically make them suck. If they were playing right in front of you, not in a show, would you honestly say they suck?
Quote by themuddman
So theres alot of hate on A7X because of some their fans? Are you serious?! Theres hate because of how they choose to dress and their names they chose? Really?? Thats so petty and close minded guys, come on people! If you don't like their music thats fine, but it sems like they're getting alot of hate for pretty dumb reasons. And talent shouldn't be a consideration on what is good music, just cause a band might not be super shredders doesn't automatically make them suck. If they were playing right in front of you, not in a show, would you honestly say they suck?

Their fans are annoying. Hard to look past.
They dress annoying. Hard to look past.
Their stage names are terrible. Hard to look past.
Their music is poorly written. Hard to look past.
Their tone is abysmal. Very hard to look past

Would I say they suck to their faces?
Yes. Loudly and quite often.
Quote by themuddman

Sand in the vaj much?
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by goest
It's no less a valid reason.

Yes it is. If the only reason someone doesn't like a band is because they don't like the look/names of the band members they're the ones that are stupid.
Quote by Thrill-house
Yes it is. If the only reason someone doesn't like a band is because they don't like the look/names of the band members they're the ones that are stupid.

How does that make them stupid? If the band seems to rely heavily on a gimmick like stage names or scene-style dress, then I'm a hell of a lot more likely to pass over them. It's more often than not an indication of their abilities to write interesting music.
Quote by arabmetallion

His hat looks like a butt.

A funny butt.

OT: The hate stems from their general image and their fans. The music is terrible to average compared to most higher quality music, but compared to a lot of radio rock and classic rock it's pretty good.
Quote by goest
How does that make them stupid? If the band seems to rely heavily on a gimmick like stage names or scene-style dress, then I'm a hell of a lot more likely to pass over them. It's more often than not an indication of their abilities to write interesting music.

Maybe stupid wasn't the best word, let's go with "shallow"
Quote by Thrill-house
Maybe stupid wasn't the best word, let's go with "shallow"

If you say so.
I hate them because the singer annoys me, guitars bore me and I have to hear about the drummer because he died.
SMILE!
Quote by goest
Their fans are annoying. Hard to look past.
They dress annoying. Hard to look past.
Their stage names are terrible. Hard to look past.
Their music is poorly written. Hard to look past.
Their tone is abysmal. Very hard to look past

Would I say they suck to their faces?
Yes. Loudly and quite often.

This is what im talking about, of all the reasons you gave, only two are real reasons to actually dislike them. You arn't always going to be looking at them when you hear them, their names and cloths affect their music in no way. And if you would say they sucked, then you just don't know what talent is, simple as that. It's ok to not like them but to honestly say they suck?
not interested.

i heard them live once.

didn't do anything for me.

hate's too strong a word for something you just don't care about at all.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by themuddman
This is what im talking about, of all the reasons you gave, only two are real reasons to actually dislike them. You arn't always going to be looking at them when you hear them, their names and cloths affect their music in no way. And if you would say they sucked, then you just don't know what talent is, simple as that. It's ok to not like them but to honestly say they suck?

They're shit image is always burned into my mind, sadly.

Now then, let me tell you how it's okay for me to think your favorite band is just godawful: Because it is.
Quote by DespisedIcon
Sand in the vaj much?

Well here i was thinking that people like us were different then the rest of society because we could appreciate talent and the actual music that a person creates, but instead what people focus on is cloths, names, fans, and "it's not good enough for my ears so it's crap". Im glad the rockers here in my town are more grown up than some of you people.
Quote by themuddman
Well here i was thinking that people like us were different then the rest of society because we could appreciate talent and the actual music that a person creates, but instead what people focus on is cloths, names, fans, and "it's not good enough for my ears so it's crap". Im glad the rockers here in my town are more grown up than some of you people.

lul
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by themuddman

You're silly, bud.
Quote by themuddman

My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50