Page 4 of 8
Quote by Mr E Meat
im sorry progressive technical emocoremetalternative

do i get a cookie for knowing which flavor of shit this smells like

Alright, shitty mcCuntspeak, here you go.

This is what emo sounds like,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV0LJ0Dnl7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyysYPEUsoM

those are two examples of its branches. Now where Avenged Sevenfold comes anywhere near that, I have no clue. Stop being a bitch.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
I never understood the hate for them. Good, not great, team of guitarists, a very solid and underrated bassist, and "The Rev" was a really really good drummer. Then of course you get Portnoy for their last album, and from what I understand this new guy is in the same class as the Rev.

But I mean like, compared to the average guitarists, bassists, and drummers in modern metal, they're all fairly mediocre. When you compare them to just about any black, death, power, thrash, etc metal band, they just aren't that skilled on their respective instruments.

Quote by blake1221

Quote by Mr E Meat

A) You get nothing. You lose!
B) How do you know about the smells of different flavors of shit?
C) Smells of flavors? That's really weird.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I think there's a very simple reason why A7X get a lot of hate.

It's because they make it easy for people to hate them.

Cheesy-ass stage names? Accessible, radio-metal? Popular?

Seems like a recipe made to incite frothing rage in internet dweebs and tr00 metal fans.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by theogonia777
But I mean like, compared to the average guitarists, bassists, and drummers in modern metal, they're all fairly mediocre. When you compare them to just about any black, death, power, thrash, etc metal band, they just aren't that skilled on their respective instruments.

I'd put the Rev as above average even in today's metal scene. Inb4ignorant, but if you play metal and you're in Drop D or Drop C, I almost feel obligated to take a point or two off of your overall skill level. Syn Gates and whatever the other guy's name is (Zacky Vengeance?) aren't particularly creative, but this isn't prog metal in any way, it's just modern metal.

I don't listen to too much Black/Death/Power metal so I can't speak for the level of musicianship in those categories. With Thrash, I think it depends on the band. I would take the Rev over Ben Carter of Evile for example, but Ol Drake (also of Evile) is easily better than Gates.

I wouldn't be so quick to take a group of music and immediately assume that anyone who plays it is better than the boys in A7X. Metallica is considered a thrash band and I don't think anyone in this thread would even troll about Lars being better than the Rev
Quote by metacarpi
I think there's a very simple reason why A7X get a lot of hate.

It's because they make it easy for people to hate them.

Cheesy-ass stage names? Accessible, radio-metal? Popular?

Seems like a recipe made to incite frothing rage in internet dweebs and tr00 metal fans.

Tr00 metal fans don't like popular bands?

Quote by FenderBender72
Tr00 metal fans don't like popular bands?

i found a municipal waste song that somehow had a vevo video on youtube and the comments were filled with the fans freaking out

hipsters everywhere
Quote by Shotgunmerc
I'd put the Rev as above average even in today's metal scene.

I don't listen to too much Black/Death/Power metal so I can't speak for the level of musicianship in those categories.

Well there you go. Try listening to Nile, Origin, Brain Drill, Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Spawn of Possession, Behemoth, Belphegor, Cryptopsy, Hour of Penance, Viraemia, Slaughterbox, Devourment, Decapitated, The Faceless, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Gorgasm, Cannibal Corpse, Blotted Science, Obscura, or any generic modern brutal/technical death metal band. And those are just some of the more well known. There are literally thousands of bands like that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Well there you go. Try listening to Nile, Origin, Brain Drill, Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Spawn of Possession, Behemoth, Belphegor, Cryptopsy, Hour of Penance, Viraemia, Slaughterbox, Devourment, Decapitated, The Faceless, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Gorgasm, Cannibal Corpse, Blotted Science, Obscura, or any generic modern brutal/technical death metal band. And those are just some of the more well known. There are literally thousands of bands like that.

The one's I've bolded I've listened to and like. Cannibal Corpse has an excellent drummer but the guitar and bass are tuned so low it's retarded. Brain Drill I've only heard one song from so I don't have a real opinion. Same with Dying Fetus.

for Blotted Science though, they're fucking awesome.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
The one's I've bolded I've listened to and like. Cannibal Corpse has an excellent drummer but the guitar and bass are tuned so low it's retarded. Brain Drill I've only heard one song from so I don't have a real opinion. Same with Dying Fetus.

for Blotted Science though, they're fucking awesome.

You liked the faceless and necrophagist but didn't like nile :rage:
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by theogonia777

From the list you have there, and from the ones I have listened to from that list, I must say that I can appreciate the skill it takes to play death metal, but the lyrics just kinda ruin it for me. I wish I could get into the lyrics becuase musically, I like it, but lets face it, not only can I not understand a damn word anybody is saying , when I actually do look up the lyrics, they tend to be the most asinine group of words thrown together. No hate intended.

What type of metal are this band? Never really liked any of their songs, the music doesn't interest me and the vocals are bad imo.
Quote by losing battle
You liked the faceless and necrophagist but didn't like nile :rage:

I can't take Nile seriously after watching their "betcha can't play this" video, its terrible.
Quote by blake1221
Alright, shitty mcCuntspeak, here you go.

This is what emo sounds like,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV0LJ0Dnl7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyysYPEUsoM

those are two examples of its branches. Now where Avenged Sevenfold comes anywhere near that, I have no clue. Stop being a bitch.

Don't even try. I've had this argument a million times and people usually choose to stay ignorant. People are always going to mislabel and slander emo. Especially in the pit.

Thanks for reminding me about TITR though. Gonna listen all day now.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Well, definitions change over time. What counts is what the person using it means. When the average says "dubstep", they're probably not talking about Burial or Skream, so leave them out of it. Of course, if you know they are, then go ahead.
Quote by Cavalcade
Well, definitions change over time. What counts is what the person using it means. When the average says "dubstep", they're probably not talking about Burial or Skream, so leave them out of it. Of course, if you know they are, then go ahead.

I understand that, but Skrillex is dubstep the same as Skream.

Like it or not emo is a defined genre. It's been around since 1985 and means Emotive Hardcore, that's just how it is. The definitions mean what people think they mean argument is so weak and is just an excuse for ignorance. It's not that hard to pick out what emo actually is if you listen to it a little, and it's definitely not Avenged Sevenfold.
Quote by RyuichiNoGekido
I don't like the vocals sometimes. That's about it.

> Nasally. His style is definitely nasally. Like Lois Griffin.

That's why.

This is the best description of his voice I've ever heard.

And yeah the stage names are silly.
Quote by StreetLight3989
I understand that, but Skrillex is dubstep the same as Skream.

Like it or not emo is a defined genre. It's been around since 1985 and means Emotive Hardcore, that's just how it is. The definitions mean what people think they mean argument is so weak and is just an excuse for ignorance. It's not that hard to pick out what emo actually is if you listen to it a little, and it's definitely not Avenged Sevenfold.

Most of the time, "emo" isn't used as a genre in the first place; it's used as an adjective.
But about that: The average person doesn't listen to "true" emo, or heard of any of the bands that fall under it. Moreover, the average person can't be bothered to give two shits about such a niche genre, and to expect them to, just for the sake of not being "ignorant", is to set yourself up for disappointment.
That's what it all comes down to: At the end of the day, who cares?
Quote by Cavalcade
Most of the time, "emo" isn't used as a genre in the first place; it's used as an adjective.
But about that: The average person doesn't listen to "true" emo, or heard of any of the bands that fall under it. Moreover, the average person can't be bothered to give two shits about such a niche genre, and to expect them to, just for the sake of not being "ignorant", is to set yourself up for disappointment.
That's what it all comes down to: At the end of the day, who cares?

Emo isn't an adjective. Emo means Emotive Hardcore a genre of music evolving out of hardcore punk in the 1980s.

It gets annoying when people constantly misuse and misunderstand what your favorite genre of music actually is. When I tell people I love emo they shouldn't think of me as somebody who shops at hot topic, cuts themselves, and listens to shitty radio pop rock. The misconceptions annoy me mostly because emo is my favorite genre.
Quote by FenderBender72
From the list you have there, and from the ones I have listened to from that list, I must say that I can appreciate the skill it takes to play death metal, but the lyrics just kinda ruin it for me. I wish I could get into the lyrics becuase musically, I like it, but lets face it, not only can I not understand a damn word anybody is saying , when I actually do look up the lyrics, they tend to be the most asinine group of words thrown together. No hate intended.

I'm kinda the same. It's the vocals that make me hate "death metal" Musically I like it, but most of it seriously sounds like the "singer" is just burping into the microphone.
Quote by neidnarb11890
emo is gay lol

Well......

Morrissey is a vegetarian!
They're...meh. They're not brilliant but they're also far from being the worst band out there. Sure, the majority of their fanbase is annoying as hell, but as far as their music goes, it's pretty decent at times. The vocalist has a pretty good voice, even though his style does grate on me
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
could someone explain to me why Municipal Waste is so praised?

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Just saw this. Andy James playing in the style of Synster Gates is like an amazing pastry chef making Martha Stewart cupcakes. My first thought is that this is actually better than snything Syn plays, but maybe I haven't listended to enough AX7?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMiKn2ODU8Q
Quote by StreetLight3989
Emo isn't an adjective. Emo means Emotive Hardcore a genre of music evolving out of hardcore punk in the 1980s.

It gets annoying when people constantly misuse and misunderstand what your favorite genre of music actually is. When I tell people I love emo they shouldn't think of me as somebody who shops at hot topic, cuts themselves, and listens to shitty radio pop rock. The misconceptions annoy me mostly because emo is my favorite genre.

I see why this irritates you, but you'll have to get used to it, for the reasons I mentioned.
Quote by W4RP1G
Just saw this. Andy James playing in the style of Synster Gates is like an amazing pastry chef making Martha Stewart cupcakes. My first thought is that this is actually better than snything Syn plays, but maybe I haven't listended to enough AX7?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMiKn2ODU8Q

i saw that as well, it's far better than any avenged sevenfold i've ever heard
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by pwnadgebunny

Because people need to listen to them obsessively trying to decide if they're thrash metal or hardcore punk?
I don't give them shit. I notice that the stuff 14 year old metalheads listen to gets a lot of shit from 16 and 17 year old metalheads. Not saying only 14 year olds listen to this band. I'm sure there are lots of adults that do as well, but since there are a lot of 14 year old metalheads that do like this type of stuff, it will inevitably get shit from the metalheads who are just a few years older.

Anyways, I think they're all really talented, and their guitarists are way more skilled than I am. It just doesn't appeal to me because I think their overall sound, image, and lyrics are really corny.
Last edited by MrDo0m at Nov 21, 2012,
Quote by Burgery
i saw that as well, it's far better than any avenged sevenfold i've ever heard

Ok good, wasn't sure about that.

Sucks that someone like Andy James is a nobody when someone like Syn is on the cover of guitar magazines.
Quote by pwnadgebunny

cuz they're cool.

i saw them once.

too bad the fans are dicks.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I kind of like the song Buried Alive, just for the vocals if anything.
I've never really even bothered to listen to anything else; mostly because I don't want to be associated with certain people I know who are fans. All the A7X fans at my school are guys who think fedoras are cool and claim to play the guitar, while they can only play like 3 songs comprised of the same 4 chords.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Fuck you, Brokencyde has a guy who plays the fog machine
Any band with that kind of member is too good. :c
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by StreetLight3989

Hey, nobody tell this guy that 'gay' doesn't mean jovial anymore.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Mr E Meat

lol
ggg1 ggg3

edit: im just gonna go ahead and delete my original post now. the thread isnt even about the OP anymore
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Last edited by iHurricaneGTR at Nov 21, 2012,
Quote by W4RP1G
You should have posted the long version, where the singer sounds like he's deaf at the beginning(cracks me up everytime I hear it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocXzy0wEmI

i laughed way too hard at that

Quote by ThrashUnleashed
I kind of like the song Buried Alive, just for the vocals if anything.
I've never really even bothered to listen to anything else; mostly because I don't want to be associated with certain people I know who are fans. All the A7X fans at my school are guys who think fedoras are cool and claim to play the guitar, while they can only play like 3 songs comprised of the same 4 chords.
Ready to have buried alive ruined for you? It's a ripoff of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKxAPQXR7iU

As for the second part, yeah I know those dudes exactly. Can't stand them or their enormous guitar egos. I'd love to swing every one of their little B.C. Rich Warlocks right into the backs of their Fedora-covered heads and crack their skulls open so I can watch them collapse to the ground.
This thread has some hilarious responses.

OP: Hey guys, I like A7X. Why do they get so much hate?

Dumbass: SEE THIS IS THE PROBLEM LITTLE 13 YEAR OLDS WHO THINK THEY'RE HARDCORE HEAR A7X AND GO AROUND SAYING THEY'RE THE BEST BAND EVER AND HOT TOPIC GAH UGH EYELINER BLASDIFHWAOE8FH
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati