Draco H.
312 IQ
Im getting a fender telecaster blacktop and want to get some new pickups for it. I wanted to get bare knuckle nail bombs since that is what Matt uses, but they cost too much and I love in the US so it would be a lot easier to get dimarzios or Seymour duncans. I found the dimarzio d activator online for the bridge and the mean90 for the neck. What do you guys think good pickups would be for Matt Bellamy's tone? And I don't want a crunch box, because I want it to sound good clean too.
mark66saints
1,000 IQ
Look at Manson MBK pickups, they're the Matt Bellamy signature pickups that he's used in his guitars since Black Holes and Revelations. So if you want Bellamy tone, that's the first thing you should be looking at.
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
cha33 armstrong
1,724 IQ
i got a total guitar mag from 2010 and it tells you how to pimp your guitar to be like bellamy's and you can either buy bare knuckles pickups and a fernanades sustainer or buy the manson ones which have the sustainer in them

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/build-your-own-muse-matt-bellamy-style-guitar-230119 < here
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Last edited by cha33 armstrong at Nov 21, 2012,
guy_tebache
is not a duck
857 IQ
yeah I've got the MBK pickups in my les paul and they're amazing. If you really want his tone though you need a fuzz factory.
jeleopard
Jackson Fanboy!
1,720 IQ
Kaos Pad?
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Ibanez RG8
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
Schecter KM7
83 Gibson Explorer "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
Ibanez SR485
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line 6 POD HD500
craaig
135 IQ
Yeah, MBK's are the way to go, and add a Fuzz Factory and/or XY MIDI pad (To control the external kaoss pad) if you so wish.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
The best way to get Bellamy's tone is to have thousands of dollars of rack effects.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Draco H.
312 IQ
Thanks guys for the help I made a fuzz factory clone but I can't afford Manson pickups. Are there any pickups that are similar for a cheaper price?
mark66saints
1,000 IQ
You might be able to go to someone like Novak, The Creamery, or even someone on here that could custom wind you a pickups that sounds like the MBKs, which would save you some money.
Having the fuzz factory will take you a long way to his tone, but as JustRooster implied, don't expect to get close to his tone without spending thousands of dollars. Playing through a Vox could help, as that is the basis of his tone.
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Save your money. There's no point in getting something that won't do the job as well because you can't save or wait for an extra month or so.

Also out of curiosity, what amp are you using? Many people underestimate the importance of an amp on sound.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
op4blushift
219 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
The best way to get Bellamy's tone is to have thousands of dollars of rack effects.

Really the only right answer.

Quote by Eppicurt
Save your money. There's no point in getting something that won't do the job as well because you can't save or wait for an extra month or so.

Also out of curiosity, what amp are you using? Many people underestimate the importance of an amp on sound.

+1
Sampy
196 IQ
Quote by JustRooster

Yep, pretty much...
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Draco H.
312 IQ
Quote by Eppicurt

I don't know What amp it is, my dads friend gave it to me. It's a peavey tube amp and I think it's 100 watts. Also, I didnt know Matt uses vox amps I thought it was Marshall?