Page 5 of 6
A friend of mine killed himself a few years ago. His parents were strict catholics so he didn't even have a funeral service, he was just...buried.
A friend tried to kill himself with a half bottle of vodka and a jar of valium. He was found in a park by some dog walker and an ambulance managed to get him to the hospital in time and his stomach was pumped...not sure what his mother did; I think she was just a bit easier going on him, but he wasn't allowed out much. His life wasn't bad really, his parents are well off, he's just a bit of an outcast and has tons of OCD/anti-social issues. No idea what happened to him though.
A few weeks ago a kid I went to school with killed himself. I go to a relatively small high school (200 kids) It happened on a weeked, he hung himself. I learned about it on facebook, I was pretty devastated. Everyone was blaming bully's and whatnot. I could remember the last thing he said to me it was "Hey [mylastname]" I gave him a smile and went to class.

He seemed happy that day, abnormally happy actually. He was a well known character at my school, he wasn't really bullied just ridiculed. He told giant storys and no one believed him and I don't think he expected them to, wore cowboy get-up all the time and quoted ICP all the time. He became known as the cowboy rapper. I could tell you his whole life story but it's not really important. Everyone knew his life story, because everyone knew him so well.

The Monday after he commited suicide, our school was dead silent. Everyone was wearing yellow, for suicide prevention. Walking down the halls to our first hour class people were breaking into tears and everyone was trying to be comforting. I was trying to hold myself together through the whole time. They gave a memo to the teachers to read to the students to give more information about the thing. My teacher couldn't talk she was crying her eyes out, so our guidance counciler had to explain everything and she was crying just as hard. This is when I lost it, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I pretty much cried my eyes out and then turned red with embarssment because of it.

What really got to me was how much everyone cared, all the yellow. Everybody cried, people I would have never dreamed of crying even me.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by Arfey McFeeshy
*story*

It makes me happy to think that people at large allow themselves to show compassion for other people, even if they don't know them. I know it seems obvious, we all do it, but that's what gives me faith in humanity. We don't see caring for people as being particularly amazing, we just do it because we feel it's right.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 22, 2012,
I was sitting down by some train tracks about a mile away from the city a couple hours ago. I almost went to lay down on the tracks, but I felt that tonight isn't the right night to do this. It was a beautiful sight though, sitting in between two railroad tracks when a train comes barreling down at almost 100 miles an hour less than a foot away from you
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
One of my high school classmates' brother killed himself. I don't know the details or anything. I just know that Ryan (my classmate) and his family couldn't figure out why he killed himself. I remember calling up his house one day, figuring I'd say something comforting to him or something. His dad picked up the phone, and he sounded so depressed that when his dad said Ryan wasn't there...I just couldn't do it and remember saying something like, "Oh, um...thanks anyway". I just hung up.

You think suicide is simple, man. Some kid just offs himself? No, it's not simple. It's about a person in serious pain, often without anyone else knowing about that pain. And when that person decides to end it...shit, what do you do? I wasn't even part of this kid's family (and never even knew him), but even I felt so crushed by the fact that his family was...just crushed. So hurt. It was...just..shit, man. I can't even describe it.

My sister was also suicidal for a while. Fortunately, she never hurt herself or anything. But that was scary shit for a few months.

I mean, people can joke. They can mock. They can say it's all about weakness. It has nothing to do with weakness. Pain is not weakness. If you ever figure out someone is suicidal, do every damn thing you can to be with them. Help them. If you have to, take them to a mental health ward. But do whatever you can to get them to see that SOMEONE cares enough to say, "No, don't. I love you too much to let you do it."

Quote by Enigmatic564
I was sitting down by some train tracks about a mile away from the city a couple hours ago. I almost went to lay down on the tracks, but I felt that tonight isn't the right night to do this. It was a beautiful sight though, sitting in between two railroad tracks when a train comes barreling down at almost 100 miles an hour less than a foot away from you

Have you tried to get help? What about calling a suicide hotline? Even if it's just a stranger at the end of the phone, don't you think it would be helpful to have someone just listen? If you need help, man -- someone to just listen and try to understand -- feel free to PM me.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 23, 2012,
Two people have told me that they were going to commit suicide. I talked both of them out of it. One girl who was involved with drugs. One boy who was having a lot of serious problems with his family. It's really weird. In school, I'm a goofy shithead, yet my classmates feel that they should share their plans to commit suicide with me. If you knew me, you would know that I would be the last person to talk to about that type of thing. I'm a ****ing buffoon.
If you are worried for their wellbeing, I actually do care about them. It's not like I say "don't do it bro lol" then walk away. I let them talk to me about all the shit that happens to them, and I convince them that life's not that bad. They're both perfectly fine and functioning now. And I always tell them to speak to the school guidance councilor, cuz she's a professional.
FORZA CATANIA
Suicide is nothing to joke about ever IMO.
It tears apart those left behind.
I know this from personally experience (see my earlier post).

One of my best friends almost committed suicide.
I lived on a horse ranch.
I remember walking into an empty horse stall one day and saw him sitting there on the ground with a cocked 45 in his mouth.
Freaked me the **** out.
But I did manage to talk him out of it. Took about an hour.
This was around 1980 or so.

Today he is alive and well.
a few years after that, we both got into music more and learned guitar.
While I was living back in the Los Angeles area, we jammed at least a few times a month.
And we still email back and forth every now and then.

Music is GREAT therapy.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Nov 23, 2012,
Quote by Enigmatic564

Yes, what a great sight for the train driver. Seeing you flying in pieces infront of him and remembering it for the rest of his life.

Come on
Quote by Enigmatic564

What`s going on? (Feel free not to go into it if you don`t want to.)
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by ReptilianJesus
Yes, what a great sight for the train driver. Seeing you flying in pieces infront of him and remembering it for the rest of his life.

Come on

that's not something you see when you're suicidal though. everything ends at that moment, there is no aftermath and no consequences.
Quote by suckersdream
that's not something you see when you're suicidal though. everything ends at that moment, there is no aftermath and no consequences.

Now he knows
Quote by ReptilianJesus
Now he knows

probably won't change much. suicidal is suicidal.
****head is ****head if that's the case. You can't make excuses for something like that..he knows it might screw another person up (let alone his family)..especially when it's just some kid who dosn't realize he hasn't began to know what life is at all..or more to the point, what life COULD be for him.
Quote by ReptilianJesus
****head is ****head if that's the case. You can't make excuses for something like that..he knows it might screw another person up (let alone his family)..especially when it's just some kid who dosn't realize he hasn't began to know what life is at all..or more to the point, what life COULD be for him.

Already had one arguement about this today, so I`m not getting into it again.
But just one thing:
Telling depressed/suicidal people they`re ****heads for even thinking about it, is definatly the wrong way to handle it.

You sir, are an ass.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Truth hurts, call me what you like for stating it, no skin off my nose.

To the guy I was commenting about: Killing yourself in (believe it or not) the best/easiest years of your life is the dumbest thing you could ever do. You need to take a different perspective on life, people, your surroundings. Seek help if needed, talking to anyone is hard but it will help somewhat. You're not the only kid that's ever felt like you do. You have your whole life ahead of you and you're at a prime situation to make your future better than most people do. Don't bother with what makes you feel down, all the little things.. just ****ing get rid of them and focus on things you like doing. Noone elses opinions mean shit about most things at the end of the day. You will realize this in years to come.
If these are "the best and/or easiest" years of my life, then there's no way in hell I'llbe able to make it later
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
I once commited suicide, it was killing.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Enigmatic564
If these are "the best and/or easiest" years of my life, then there's no way in hell I'llbe able to make it later

Yea, I was thinking of saying something about that too.

Somebody is about to take their life, lets tell them it will never get anybetter.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Nov 23, 2012,
"This is the best time of your life" is probably the stupidest argument against suicide.
I spent this year in and out of hospitals, hours of therapy each week, losing all my close friends, struggling through an eating disorder and ****ing up my education. And you're saying this is the best it'll get?
Been suicidal, in and out of depression etc. Unless you've been there, you won't understand. Don't even try.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
Don't even try.

This is the only problem I have, its because people like him don`t try to understand but think they do, that they say shit like that.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

To be fair, what the guy says isn't particularly uncommon either. In terms of empathy, people going through depression, I find, gets the least.
Quote by Cianyx
To be fair, what the guy says isn't particularly uncommon either. In terms of empathy, people going through depression, I find, gets the least.

Yea, mostly because people that haven`t been through it just think it`s being sad.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

I thought about suicide when I was younger never went through with it. Basically, I just decided I was thinking irrationally and I just needed to live life better slowly increasing enjoyment in things. Plus I read this, "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" and it made me think. A lot. It's a start though and it's not a perfect answer to "suicided".

On the other hand I was very depressed for a period of about 7 years and every now and then I deal with bouts of depression.

"...another reason would be a feeling that they're worthless..."

"a big pattern between all the reasons is the fact that they're going through an irrational state of mind where they create blocks around themselves and limit themselves to being worthless and unhappy for the rest of their future..."

I would venture to say that these 3 things that another user mentioned, "worthless", "irrational" and "future", are important. I say this because I experienced these 3 things during my episode of 7 years of depression. I felt worthless. I was irrational and just didn't really think that the future would be that great or rather would turn out better. I don't really feel like elaborating right now because it's really late and I'm not in a writing mood at the moment. But maybe someone else can expand on this a bit.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
a close friend of me committed suicide a while ago, but nobody saw it coming. he had alot of friends, was always happy,... it's still pretty hard to talk about it with friends also he never talked about being suicidal and if he did he probably 'could have been saved' but i think the shame of talking about such subject was higher

to be honest i have thought about suicide aswell, however i talked about it with friends and later realised there is soo much more to live for. As stated before convincing someone of that is really difficult.
I have to disagree with all the people here saying that "you won't understand if you haven't been there". You might as well claim that psychology isn't a real science.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
I have to disagree with all the people here saying that "you won't understand if you haven't been there". You might as well claim that psychology isn't a real science.

Most people aren't psychologists, so most won't understand.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by ReptilianJesus
Truth hurts, call me what you like for stating it, no skin off my nose.

To the guy I was commenting about: Killing yourself in (believe it or not) the best/easiest years of your life is the dumbest thing you could ever do. You need to take a different perspective on life, people, your surroundings. Seek help if needed, talking to anyone is hard but it will help somewhat. You're not the only kid that's ever felt like you do. You have your whole life ahead of you and you're at a prime situation to make your future better than most people do. Don't bother with what makes you feel down, all the little things.. just ****ing get rid of them and focus on things you like doing. Noone elses opinions mean shit about most things at the end of the day. You will realize this in years to come.

You're only displaying your ignorance. Now, gtfo.
The way I see it, there probably isn't an afterlife, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter if I die tomorrow or in sixty years' time. As long as there's still stuff I want to do though, I figure I might as well keep going. I don't know if that's optimism or pessimism, but it's my world view.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Quote by NeutralFan
The way I see it, there probably isn't an afterlife, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter if I die tomorrow or in sixty years' time. As long as there's still stuff I want to do though, I figure I might as well keep going. I don't know if that's optimism or pessimism, but it's my world view.

I think it's comforting because it doesn't matter what i choose to do, i'm not going to be sent to hell for it.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I think it's comforting because it doesn't matter what i choose to do, i'm not going to be sent to hell for it.

Yeah its awesome.
Quote by suckersdream
"This is the best time of your life" is probably the stupidest argument against suicide.
I spent this year in and out of hospitals, hours of therapy each week, losing all my close friends, struggling through an eating disorder and ****ing up my education. And you're saying this is the best it'll get?

I wasn't talking to you, but possibly.

For the record crazysam or whatever his name is=most annoying person on UG
Quote by Enigmatic564

Yes, you will. How exactly is your life so hard to deal with now? Bullying? Shitty parents? What?
When I was like 16 I always had this thought of jumping out of the third storey window and falling atop the gothic fence that surrounds my house.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
What exactly are the legal consequences of attempted suicide?
Quote by robertsanidiot
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by Enigmatic564
What exactly are the legal consequences of attempted suicide?

I've never heard of anything...
I mean aside from the laws around hospital stays/when they are obliged to keep you in a mental health facility for your protection.