Page 1 of 2
It's easy to be negative and we pretty much all agree that most chart music is bad and bland. So let's let that rest for a bit, no reason to talk about that. Since it's Friday evening (where I am, at least), why don't we talk about the songs that we wouldn't hate to hear when we're out partying (or sulking in our parents' basement, whichever you prefer)?

What's your current favourite chart song, Pit?

I like Lights by Ellie Goulding a lot. The Brits among you may think I'm really slow, but it's only just become popular over here I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NKUpo_xKyQ

And this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI3shBXlqsw

That Alicia Keys song is also pretty sweet. The one where that girl is on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire and such.

Here's some charts to help you:
http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles

Now please proceed to admit to loving One Direction and bashing each other's skulls.
Last edited by frankv at Nov 23, 2012,
I hate David Guetta more than I hate scabs on my asshole, but I hate to admit it... Titanium's a pretty catchy song. I hate how overplayed it is, and if it wasn't maybe I'd still like it somewhat.

I do like the odd Lady Gaga song though. Some of her work is absolutely horrible but some is pretty good actually.

I did like Adele until she was insanely overplayed.
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I hate David Guetta more than I hate scabs on my asshole, but I hate to admit it... Titanium's a pretty catchy song. I hate how overplayed it is, and if it wasn't maybe I'd still like it somewhat.

I do like the odd Lady Gaga song though. Some of her work is absolutely horrible but some is pretty good actually.

I did like Adele until she was insanely overplayed.

I'm not sure why but I always think it's Rihanna when I hear that song and then I start associating it with Rihanna and hate it.

Adele's bond theme wasn't too shabby, but radio DJ's will never learn to control their Adele dosage.
I'm pretty much in love with Ellie Goulding's voice so yeah there's that
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
There are terrible pop songs and excellent pop songs alike nowadays, though I don't particularly listen to radio so I can't exactly name any tunes I particularly like. I just know that some of it sucks and some of it is coo'.
I absolutely hate that Calvin Harris/Florence whatserface song. Always have to turn it off when it comes on.

OT: Nicki Minaj - Va Va Voom, Good Time - Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen, everything Taylor Swift's ever done, Gangnam Style still makes me moist. I think that's about it for stuff that's currently in the charts, but there's been a lot of other stuff recently (some Katy Perry, every single Lady Gaga's released in her career, etc.)

But really, it's all about Nicki and Taylor. Just not Ed Sheeran or Mumford & Sons. Hate those cuntz.
lol nah bish
Everything's kinda good until it's on MTV. Only exceptions being Headbangers Ball and Beavis and Butt-Head.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Lights is indeed awesome, and while I'm tired of Adele and Gotye they're still very good songs.
I can't tell if people like Lights by Ellie Goulding, or Lights, the singer. Lights (the singer) is kind of terrible, but way hotter.

That Alex Clare song is pretty great as well. I like how legit the singing sounds
I'm not one of those generic 'pop sucks except Lady Gaga people but Judas and Paparazzi are so good.
Quote by Thrill-house

Like because Emily Haines.

I just went through the top 100 list thingiemabobber. I don't mind Mumford & Sons and that Lumineers song (although it does bother me at the start). Other than that, I guess maybe Adele? Iunno. There were some random ppl in my hometown who did a cover of that gotye song which got like 100million views or something ridiculous, I like that too. I suppose that counts.

That's all I've got. I tend to tune music out as background noise in most situations where I'd come across overly poppy stuff.
I'm gonna check out Ellie Goulding's album tomorrow.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Like because Emily Haines.

I just went through the top 100 list thingiemabobber. I don't mind Mumford & Sons and that Lumineers song (although it does bother me at the start). Other than that, I guess maybe Adele? Iunno. There were some random ppl in my hometown who did a cover of that gotye song which got like 100million views or something ridiculous, I like that too. I suppose that counts.

That's all I've got. I tend to tune music out as background noise in most situations where I'd come across overly poppy stuff.

That Emily Haines album you put up in our Dropbox folder once is sooo good. Didn't particularly care for this song though. Seemed like a good mix of average songs.

I heard Gangnam Style like 5 times tonight. Ugh, they're ruining it!
Last edited by frankv at Nov 23, 2012,
Quote by leony03
*call me maybe*

It's a catchy song and Carly Rae Jepsen is really pretty

oh my god i know right

she is beautiful

also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V9ILGzSQS4

i fucking love this already, if i heard this at a party i think i would cry tears of ecstasy

like the drug

because this is a total party song. dancing errywhere
i miss the old kanye
Last edited by Primus2112 at Nov 23, 2012,
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Lights is indeed awesome, and while I'm tired of Adele and Gotye they're still very good songs.

Adele and Gotye aren't songs.
You can only make one first impression
I like music that you can dance to. So that's a lot of stuff I hear nowadays on the radio also if you're out partying and intoxicated enough, everything will sound fantastic

I love Knife Party! I'm not sure if they're charting elsewhere but they're playing here next next week so they've been on the radio a lot recently.

I also like Gotye and Tame Impala and Spector but they're old and they charted quite a few months ago so not I'm not sure if they count, I barely hear them on the radio anymore. I should probably check the current charts

edit: hmm I don't like that new Bruno Mars song, but he's okay in general. not a huge fan of Ellie Goulding either but I love what people are doing with the remixes. justin bieber is improving. I like the new Christina Aguilera song. I've always been pretty meh about Taylor Swift. Swedish House Mafia is simultaneously cringeworthy but super dancey so I'll take it. WHY ARE THERE 2 TAYLOR SWIFT SONGS ON HERE? Imagine Dragons is nice. Call Me Maybe > This Kiss. I liked 1D's first album (ya rly) but their new stuff sux. Kesha is lol. haven't heard/don't care about the rest of them
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Nov 24, 2012,
honestly it was gungnam style for two weeks straight. i dont even know what hes saying except hey sexy lady.

i love the beatles but they dont count. as for recent top hits... idk man... is workdwide choppers by tech 9 a top charting hit? uh... lose yourself by eminem is rad.

whats that one song that is sung by a white girl. super upbeat almost sounds like avril lavigne...uh it says hello i think....that song is catchy
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
honestly it was gungnam style for two weeks straight. i dont even know what hes saying except hey sexy lady.

i love the beatles but they dont count. as for recent top hits... idk man... is workdwide choppers by tech 9 a top charting hit? uh... lose yourself by eminem is rad.

whats that one song that is sung by a white girl. super upbeat almost sounds like avril lavigne...uh it says hello i think....that song is catchy

call me maybe?

if so, that's so far from avril.
Pleasantly surprised by the positive response to this thread. Here's me thinking the pit was full of narrow minded metal heads. Well done Pit, well done.
Quote by Momentosis
call me maybe?

if so, that's so far from avril.

i thought it was the same girl, the chorus just says hello.
Page 1 of 2