The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
What do you think of Black Friday? Do you camp out and try to be the first in line at Wal-Mart? Maybe go to one store and hope to get a good deal? Or sit at home because it's too crowded everywhere?

I personally think that if you're trying to save and you're buying something big, like a TV or something, I can understand going on Black Friday as you could actually get some pretty good deals. However I think going to a mall at midnight to buy clothes is pretty damn ridiculous. Today was the 4th Black Friday I've worked, and to discounts most clothing stores offer on Black Friday aren't any different at all than any other weekend throughout the year.

But yeah, I worked the whole midnight madness shift, and seeing all the customers waiting in lines and going through parking nightmares at 3 in the morning is pretty depressing.
metaldud536
Multiple trick donkey
954 IQ
I worked from 8pm until 5am. Whats sad was seeing the parents drag the little kids at 3am. Some of them asleep in the shopping carts.

Overall it wasn't too bad. I don't shop on Black Friday. Except online. I got Disnohored, Crysis 2, and To the Moon for about $37
Last edited by metaldud536 at Nov 23, 2012,
sonny bb
UG's New-ish Guy
2,041 IQ
My band has a show today, so I guess I'm participating.
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
1,539 IQ
I've been shopping on Black Friday twice. I must not go to overly populated places, because I've never seen it get that bad.

I also don't agree with the sentiment that it's sad to see people saving money. That doesn't make any sense to me. Sure, it's hard to believe how many people are actually willing to shop that early, but I don't think it's sad. Money matters too much in this world not to take advantage of it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
Nope. I'd rather pay regular sale prices throughout the year for the stuff I want than deal with that craziness.
CrimsonBizzare
spelt bizarre incorrectly
641 IQ
Yes.

EDIT: Disregard that, I thought this thread was about that thing with the Africans and the flamethrowers.

<.<
>.>
3w0kw4rr10r
Heroin User
25 IQ
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Yes.

EDIT: Disregard that, I thought this thread was about that thing with the Africans and the flamethrowers.

<.<
>.>

intheshadowplay
Blues=Roots, Rest=Fruits
282 IQ
I made the mistake of doing the all-night camping thing back when the Wii came out, and I got dragged to Tysons Corner by my step-mom at the time a few years ago, but otherwise I avoid it.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
bradulator
normcore
2,448 IQ
I just go to Walmart to laugh at people tripping balls and also for the $2 movies.

I bought 21 Jumpstreet, Horrible Bosses, and Hot Tub Time Machine for super cheap last night.
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Quote by eGraham
I've been shopping on Black Friday twice. I must not go to overly populated places, because I've never seen it get that bad.

I also don't agree with the sentiment that it's sad to see people saving money. That doesn't make any sense to me. Sure, it's hard to believe how many people are actually willing to shop that early, but I don't think it's sad. Money matters too much in this world not to take advantage of it.
Well, like I said I can understand people going out and buying a TV, but I don't think it's worth all that effort to buy frivolous things like clothes, especially since you're not really saving money. Most clothing stores don't offer any discount that's different from any other weekend of the year.
SwaggleyKubrick
Svengali
19 IQ
meh, since all the stores have been trying to get a head start by trying Black Thursday and opening at midnight and stuff, today really wasn't too bad.
I didn't go out at 9am with the intent to do any shopping ('cept breakfast) but since all the parking lots weren't stuffed to capacity, I wandered about and got some stuff. I didn't fight any lines or miss anything that I had seen in flyers.
Holy Katana
Anarcho-Awesomist
1,681 IQ
Yeah. I went to Best Buy at midnight to get a PS3 for $200.

Came with Uncharted Collection and inFAMOUS Collection, but I also got Persona 4 Arena, as it was on sale.

It really wasn't all that hectic. More hectic than most days at a store, but not more than any store is during a sale. They had some crowd control, though, and were making sure people got in and out as fast as possible.

I was expecting the Battle of Helms Deep.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Nov 23, 2012,
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Banana Republic doesn't offer 40% off every weekend.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
jjfeu662
Celestia
1,996 IQ
I was going to use the GC black friday coupon but I never got one...
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
mr.retard
wumbology
332 IQ
i got a haircut then i went grocery shopping.
Making your day worse so tomorrow seems better.
BoyLilikoi
934 IQ
No, I've been working all day. I plan on taking advantage of some sales on amazon tonight though.
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
Hell no. It's not worth it.

I bought a few things on Amazon today, but that's it.

One was Skyrim for $25, and one was a tea blending kit for $20. The tea kit came with 5 types of tea, a glass tea pot, filters, and several herbs and spices to blend with the teas. Pretty cool for only $20.

Last year I did venture out to Walmart at midnight. They had Forza 4 for only $28, which is about $30 less than the normal price (well, the price at the time). It only took me about 30 minutes total. I figured 30 minutes of waiting around Walmart was worth saving $30 on a video game.
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
Banana Republic doesn't offer 40% off every weekend.
Not every weekend, but I did go there a couple months ago actually on a normal weekend when they did offer that exact discount.
I.O.T.M
I'MA MAKE YOU HURT
452 IQ
For some reason Amazon extended its Black Friday deals to us British folk, so I decided to buy some books.

I'd like to thank America for their stupid tradition saving me a few quid.
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
I ordered a tascam dr-03 for 20 bucks.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
chestercheetah
522 IQ
**** yes I did! I now have a 32 in screen
1080p pr0nz. Im never gonna see sunlight again.
press ctrl + w
BlacksailsTippa
Dead Milkman
191 IQ
Quote by chestercheetah
**** yes I did! I now have a 32 in screen
1080p pr0nz. Im never gonna see sunlight again.

How many people did you have to fight to get it?
Cb4rabid
K♦️
2,628 IQ
I worked from 1am-1pm. I am pretty tired bur if I go to sleep now it'll be night when i wake up so i dont want to be a vampire
pinga
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
Yeah but only online where I am finding some awesome deals.

My brother got a freaking 70" tv at Walmart. Jesus.