This was written completely by accident, and isn't necessarily to be taken seriously. But, it actually turned out a lot better than I ever expected, and figured that the people of UG might enjoy a combination of genres not usually found. It's really stereotypically bluesy, but in Drop G# on a 7-string, and with some djenty groove riffs. Hope you enjoy!
Attachments:
I Hear That Woman Leavin' Cotton Pickin' Train A Comin' Blues.gp5
I Hear That Woman Leavin' Cotton Pickin' Train A Comin' Blues.mid
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
You trollin' me brah?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
You tell me haha. Like I said, it's not meant as something that serious.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
I quite enjoyed that to be honest!
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
It sounds like one of those joke songs you get in Youtube videos where animators show off their ability to be inane. Like cows and cows and cows (and more cows).
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
God I love any kind of music that grooves and groove! got me moving a little just because. It's not something I'd listen too all the time but it's interesting to say the least haha.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7421
Ibanez SA160
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Randall RM100
Madison Divinity II
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
H&K 4x12
Meh, joke or not this is a solid song. I loved groove part as much as the main riff, and as odd it is they fit each other. "Another bluesy thing" sounded a little off to mee. Chorus is nice. Bridge was not good ! And cool ending.
It wasn't djenty at all.
I loved it though, sounded more like blues-deathcore to me.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
I laughed out loud when I saw the title

That said, quite a pleasant song to hear, though I don't get where the djent bit comes in- it sounds like a blues song in a low tuning.....you could djentify it a bit my making the kick play along with the guitars in the low string groove bits.

Some cool grooves going on however, so thats not really criticism maybe extend the bridge a bit?
Suprisingly catchy.
Dare you.
Dare you to go up to a local blues club or whatnot on open mic night and play it and tell them ur a blues player
METAL!
This put me in a very happy mood. Blues song in Drop Ab, who would have thought? I wouldn't listen to this every day, but in small doses this would work wonders
Kurzweil K2500xs
I actually really like this. It sounds like something Devin Townsend could have made, which I think can be taken as a compliment.