eyeofthestorm08
392 IQ
Thinking of moving into the realm of 7 strings for the first time in 11 years, listening to a lot of modern prog and stuff like Periphery has got me really interested.

So I was basically wondering what you guys could suggest for roughly around £1000? I think thats roughly around $1650 but not sure. Looking for a guitar for metal if you haven't guessed already (preferably superstrat shape), with no Floyd or trem system because I hate the things and preferably an Ebony fingerboard, though thats not really that important I've just never owned an ebony fingerboard guitar and happen to really like them.

I did find this custom luthier in the UK who has some nice designs, although I can't find much info on whether people think the instrument quality is good or not, just a few comments here and there, but I love these designs:

http://www.siggeryguitars.co.uk/siggery-heresy-seven-spalt.htm

http://www.siggeryguitars.co.uk/siggery-7-string-pariah.htm

Thanks for any info you can give me!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD H-1001
Axe FX II
Blackstar S1-100 (selling)
Ovation Applause
Keeley modded TS-9
Boss NS-2 (selling)
krehzeekid
Me like guitars
316 IQ
those custom ones look very nice. I've never heard of the brand, but the work looks to be decent.

other options could include:

Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7
Ibanez RGD7421 (use remainder of budget for new pickups)
LTD H-1007
ESP Horizon NT7 (a little more money, but you can save or get a used one!)
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things...
VVolverin3
Caparison Enthusiast
868 IQ
Wesbanez (user on here) recently acquired a Siggery and he was pretty happy with it!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1569900

Seems like they are pretty sweet instruments for the price.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
eyeofthestorm08
392 IQ
Yeah, I actually just found a NGD on here that was a Heresy model which is the top on eI posted I think, the guy said he was very happy with the quality so that makes me want one even more. Cheers for the suggestions, the NT7 looks really nice, it's just a little too similar to my H-1001 haha.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD H-1001
Axe FX II
Ovation Applause
Keeley modded TS-9
Boss NS-2 (selling)
eyeofthestorm08
392 IQ
Just seen that link you posted, that guitars gorgeous! Definitely wanting to push the boat out on one of those Heresy models.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD H-1001
Axe FX II
Ovation Applause
Keeley modded TS-9
Boss NS-2 (selling)
thePTOD
UG Fanatic
2,585 IQ
I have a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 with no FR. It has push-pull nobs so I get humbucker and single coil options from both pickups. It's around 900 USD I believe so I dont know how much that is for you.

I personally really love it. I can get a lot of tones out of the guitar and I never put it down.

But if you really like those custom models, I say get one. It may feel more unique for you, but the Schecter is a great choice if you don't end up getting a custom.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Leybick
161 IQ
custom carvin. and go 8 string with a DC800. that’s what I’m doing in january after i unload my PA system and gretsch. Gonna cost $1300 for an american made guitar with my exact specs.
stereobloom.bandcamp.com
facebook.com/stereobloommusic