Page 3 of 6
Quote by ErikLensherr
It doesn't. It can't. People judge based on the cartoons.

Goddamn bronies, learn to use words.

I never made that, but what it's trying to say is how it's unfair that one person is judged for watching a certain cartoon made for young people is judged as misogynistic, a pedophile etc. While fans of a cartoon made for the same demographic are never seen in that light whatsoever. You have communities on UG that are dedicated for Spongebob (that was originally intended for kids of the same age bracket) that are passed off as not being repressed manchildren, meanwhile you have the same people on UG jump on the bandwagon about MLP.

But anyway, i do kinda find it be cute and rebellious how you defy all logic like that.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 26, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I never made that, but what it's trying to say is how it's unfair that one person is judged for watching a certain cartoon made for young people is judged as misogynistic, a pedophile etc. While fans of a cartoon made for the same demographic are never seen in that light whatsoever. You have communities on UG that are dedicated for Spongebob (that was originally intended for kids of the same age bracket) that are passed off as not being repressed manchildren, meanwhile you have the same people on UG jump on the bandwagon about MLP.

But anyway, i do kinda find it be cute and rebellious how you defy all logic like that.

The difference is MLP is considered a "girl show".
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
The difference is MLP is considered a "girl show".

Powerpuff Girls was a girly show and nobody had a problem with that.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

But they also beat up monsters and supervillains.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Most people here were kids when Spongebob came out.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr
Most people here were kids when Spongebob came out.

UG'ers are still fans of it now and a lot of them are my age, what difference does it make?
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
But they also beat up monsters and supervillains.

So does MLP.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
UG'ers are still fans of it now and a lot of them are my age, what difference does it make?

Because it's a nostalgia factor, you're not just watching a kid's cartoon out of the blue.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr
Because it's a nostalgia factor, you're not just watching a kid's cartoon out of the blue.

MLP is nostalgic because it's done in the same artstyle of the Powerpuff Girls and it's overall written with similar messages.

And does watching a TV show for 15 years really give people the excuse to watch cartoons? I'm a 25 year old man, but because i've been watching Barney since i was 3, i'm allowed to watch it and everyone will accept me.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
So does MLP.

Occassionally, but that was the power puff girls whole thing.

I`m not against MLP though, I like it.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Nov 26, 2012,
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Occassionally, but that was the power puff girls whole thing.

I don't see how having a punch or kick in each show as opposed to only a few episodes a season gives it the moral grounding that grown men are allowed to watch it.

But then again, trying to give logic and reason to a bandwagon is like throwing a tennis ball at a tank.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
MLP is nostalgic because it's done in the same artstyle of the Powerpuff Girls and it's overall written with similar messages.

And does watching a TV show for 15 years really give people the excuse to watch cartoons? I'm a 25 year old man, but because i've been watching Barney since i was 3, i'm allowed to watch it and everyone will accept me.

before i say this i will let you know i have nothing against MLP or anyone who wants to watch it.
if you are going to pull the nostagia factor you should remember that MLP was marketed for a long time for young girls. whereas superheroes (like PPG) was marketed towards boys. it could be this factor which subconsciously causes people to think it is weird for older people, especially males, to like MLP.
just my opinion.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I don't see how having s punch or kick in each show as opposed to only a few episodes a season gives it the moral grounding that grown men are allowed to watch it.

I`m not saying that though.
I was just saying why people think that.

I didn`t mean to annoy you or anything.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I`m not saying that though.
I was just saying why people think that.

I didn`t mean to annoy you or anything.

I know, i just want to point out how hypocritical it is.
Quote by Harvey Swick
before i say this i will let you know i have nothing against MLP or anyone who wants to watch it.
if you are going to pull the nostagia factor you should remember that MLP was marketed for a long time for young girls. whereas superheroes (like PPG) was marketed towards boys. it could be this factor which subconsciously causes people to think it is weird for older people, especially males, to like MLP.
just my opinion.

You know what concept was originally intended for girls but then had a male demand?

Barbie. The result: GI Joe.

Nuff said.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Lol, if it wasn't around you can't be nostalgic about it.

And does watching a TV show for 15 years really give people the excuse to watch cartoons?

It's just more understandable, for an adult to go back and watch Dexter's Lab or Powerpuff Girls or Rugrats or other shows actually related to cherished childhood memories, than to start watching a totally new show marketed towards little kids when you're a man in your 20s. It's revisiting a childhood mindset vs. actually trying to recreate and prolong it, which is weird.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Nov 26, 2012,
HIMYM.

Actually nobody should watch that.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by ErikLensherr
Lol, if it wasn't around you can't be nostalgic about it.

Yes you can. You can say that a certain aspect of a new cartoon is nostalgic because it reminds you of a cartoon from your past.
Quote by ErikLensherr

It's just more understandable, for an adult to go back and watch Dexter's Lab or Powerpuff Girls or Rugrats or other shows actually related to cherished childhood memories, than to start watching a totally new show marketed towards little kids when you're a man in your 20s. It's revisiting a childhood mindset vs. actually trying to recreate and prolong it, which is weird.

Revisiting a childhood mindset vs revisiting a childhood mindset.

If you take logic from the quote above.
Quote by TheSennaj
I generally don't care what people watch. There are shows I think shouldn't be watched, but I don't make a distinction between genders.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
You know what, at the end of the day, it's whatever you tell yourself.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by ErikLensherr
You know what, at the end of the day, it's whatever you tell yourself.

Bingo. I knew i was never going to convince you (that includes the internet at large when it comes to debates), i was just advocating logic and reason and you refused to accept it.

Now go off and play with your little friends.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

You know what concept was originally intended for girls but then had a male demand?

Barbie. The result: GI Joe.

Nuff said.

but once there was G.I. joe did they still buy Barbies?

and if Barbie had such a male demand why did they make G.I. Joe if barbie was doing so well?

ah, well i dont want to debate this, people watch what they want and its nobody's business, besides their own, unless they are being forced to watch alongside.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Bingo. I knew i was never going to convince you (that includes the internet at large when it comes to debates), i was just advocating logic and reason and you refused to accept it.

Now go off and play with your little friends.

Okay Mr. Buttmad.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Nov 26, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Powerpuff Girls wasn't a Hasbro construction aimed at selling toys to little girls
Quote by ErikLensherr
Okay Mr. Buttmad.

Calling me butthurt is all you can say, it's pointless to argue with you now.
Quote by Valgoroth
Powerpuff Girls wasn't a Hasbro construction aimed at selling toys to little girls

It used to be, but it isn't now. Irrelevant.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by Valgoroth

Your thinking of the first MLP
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by Harvey Swick
but once there was G.I. joe did they still buy Barbies?

Nah. They bought Hotwheels because they're the shit.

But really, what you're saying isn't my point. My point is that the concept of the ownership of dolls (once seen as a predominately girly thing) evolved into a concept that boys started to enjoy.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
My point is that the concept of the ownership of dolls (once seen as a predominately girly thing) evolved into a concept that boys started to enjoy.

action figures!

Quote by Harvey Swick
action figures!

Still technically dolls.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by Harvey Swick
action figures!

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
T00DEEPBLUE, I didn't mean anything by what i said. I don't care that you're a man that watches my little pony. The truth is that i am a weak individual who jumps on the bandwagon to make myself feel better about myself.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Still technically dolls.

now that i think about it G.I. Joe had a lot of accessories like boots and guns and different clothes and vehicles, just like Barbie. i never had any G.I. Joes (i always asked for books during Christmas) but my friend had a lot, and i never played with them either. we had more fun throwing rocks at things like trains and cats and bridges.

Quote by macashmack
T00DEEPBLUE, I didn't mean anything by what i said. I don't care that you're a man that watches my little pony. The truth is that i am a weak individual who jumps on the bandwagon to make myself feel better about myself.

I'm a regular in the Hugging Thread. Don't worry, it gets better.
Quote by Harvey Swick
now that i think about it G.I. Joe had a lot of accessories like boots and guns and different clothes and vehicles, just like Barbie. i never had any G.I. Joes (i always asked for books during Christmas) but my friend had a lot, and i never played with them either. we had more fun throwing rocks at things like trains and cats and bridges.

Same. The most memorable thing i had was an 'Action Man working parachute' (which i pronounced walking parachute because that's what the ads sounded like ). Action Man is basically GI Joe with a different name. I would go over to my friends house and make obstacle courses with his corpse on my Scalextric track.
Quote by TheSennaj
You know, I watched that pony show one time. Everyone's all like, "oh if you're gonna complain about it, at least watch it first" and so I watched a couple of episodes. It was probably one of the worst things I've ever seen. It's like it tries as hard as it possibly can to be funny, but completely fails, making for a very awkward experience. The characters are also pretty shit, all terribly uninteresting and flat. The whole premise of the show is really just taking PPG and FHfIF and milking that formula (and they were both only mediocre at best to begin with) as much as possible but with even poorer delivery.

Basically the show is genuinely bad, regardless of how annoying the fanbase is.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Boo hoo.

I never said you had to like it, it's just that hating it because it's a girly show is hypocritical.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by theogonia777
You know, I watched that pony show one time. Everyone's all like, "oh if you're gonna complain about it, at least watch it first" and so I watched a couple of episodes. It was probably one of the worst things I've ever seen. It's like it tries as hard as it possibly can to be funny, but completely fails, making for a very awkward experience. The characters are also pretty shit, all terribly uninteresting and flat. The whole premise of the show is really just taking PPG and FHfIF and milking that formula (and they were both only mediocre at best to begin with) as much as possible but with even poorer delivery.

nuh uh it's really deep and sophisticated

y u no see logic and reason
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by theogonia777

Atleast least you gave it a chance.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by ErikLensherr
nuh uh it's really deep and sophisticated

y u no see logic and reason

Your butthurt is leaking all over the floor. Clean it up or get out of here.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Your butthurt is leaking all over the floor. Clean it up or get out of here.

I must've caught it from you. Goddamn nasty bronies.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Boo hoo.

I never said you had to like it, it's just that hating it because it's a girly show is hypocritical.

How is anyone hating on it for being girly? TS asked for things men shouldn't watch on TV. No person should watch that show. Men are people.

And interestingly enough, I can't think of a single girl I know in real life that likes the show, myself included, but I can think of plenty of guys that like it.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Atleast least you gave it a chance.

And I hereby give everyone else permission to hate on it without giving it a chance.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Man i thought the original premise of this thread was dumb but then it became an argument about bronies.

Seriously, it's a girly cartoon about the most stereotypical girly thing (colorful ponies) ever, and you wonder why people find grown men watching it weird. You just gon have to deal with it.