tidygame
32 IQ
hey all i jus got an electric guitar after self learning the acoustic for 3 years. I know the intro to sweet child of mine and the enter sandman riff but i wanna learn a half decent solo or something any suggestions
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
i'm in your exact same position TS
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
justaginger
127 IQ
I'd say for some decent solos, the small solo after the choruses in sweet child o mine is a good place to start. After that maybe take a look at some AC/DC solos, that should give you a nice grounding. And I think the quintessential beginners solo is nothing else matters, which is a solo I still love to pull out after 6 years.
Those should put you in a decent position with regards to solos.
Any more questions, just ask
MattCox12345
1,242 IQ
My first solo was stairway to heaven, my second was back in black. Those were perfect starts for me, I can now play almost any solo after 1 year. Check out my covers on youtube to see what I mean.
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
2,466 IQ
Although the vets here hate these threads because they have their own thread for these questions, i'll still answer :P

The first proper solo I learnt was Goldfingers 99 Red Balloons. Really easy and fun.

I am still working on Nothing Else Matters.

AC/DC are high recommended by many for beginner soloists. You Shook Me All Night Long is apparently one of the easiest.
HotspurJr
191 IQ
Quote by tidygame
hey all i jus got an electric guitar after self learning the acoustic for 3 years. I know the intro to sweet child of mine and the enter sandman riff but i wanna learn a half decent solo or something any suggestions

What solos do you love?
tidygame
32 IQ
thanks for the suggestions ill get onto some ac/dc right away ha i learned the californiacation riff except the solo don't sound too hard thats for tmr an then some ac/dc