JimmyCraig
Dazed and Confounded
1,077 IQ
Right I write the guitar parts for the band and everyone gets there parts off of that, I write good stuff I suppose, everyone that hears em loves em so I guess they're good, but I don't know I'm just getting a little bored with it all. What can I do? pursue something new, like a concept album with psychedelic sounding songs, or maybe do something else??? I really don't know.

I play blues rock btw

Thanks for the help
travislausch
UG's Haibane Renmei fan.
6,603 IQ
Run your concerns by the band first? Maybe they'll be more receptive to your concerns than you think.
I can't help wondering things like "What's Bob Dylan doing now? Is he at home, eating a big bowl of corn flakes just like I will, later on when I return back home?"
Pierre-Claude
39 IQ
I find myself thinking the same about my music sometimes. Play some other songs for a while and come back to it a couple weeks/band practice later. For some reason we were a lot more eager to play those songs afterwards. It worked for me, it could work for you. If you still don't like what you guys are playing, it probably means it's not that good to start with.
91RG350
At least Microsoft cared
281 IQ
Try, if you havent already

- Write in a new key
- Throw some extended chords in
- Key changes within verses/choruses
- MODES
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante
186 IQ
so you play one genre and you're bored?

i mean, i don't know, it answers itself.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
Quote by JimmyCraig

I play blues rock btw

well there's your problem pal
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
HotspurJr
191 IQ
Quote by JimmyCraig
Right I write the guitar parts for the band and everyone gets there parts off of that, I write good stuff I suppose, everyone that hears em loves em so I guess they're good, but I don't know I'm just getting a little bored with it all. What can I do? pursue something new, like a concept album with psychedelic sounding songs, or maybe do something else??? I really don't know.

I play blues rock btw

Connect with the music you love to listen to, and let it inspire you.
food1010
Bassist
1,660 IQ
Quote by AeolianWolf
so you play one genre and you're bored?

i mean, i don't know, it answers itself.
Yep. Being specifically a blues-rock band is going to limit your sound a lot.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of different sounds in blues-rock, but you're not going to get them without a wider range of influences.

Take a few weeks off and listen to exclusively different types of music. Learn some jazz tunes, maybe some reggae, funk, soul. Anything different.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea