Metallicaxp
Floating through time
184 IQ
So lately I've been feeling a little lost or just reluctant to live within the walls of this society.

Paying for things with money, having to work shit jobs, dealing with things that I don't think people even need, yet people insist that this lifestyle is "all that". I don't even want that many things in life. I just want some food, and a warm place to lay my head.

So going on this, I've been thinking of becoming a Buddhist Monk. Only problem is I have no Idea were I can find a live in monastery.

I've google'd the hell out of this, and all I can find is that I'd have to move to some eastern country and learn some random language just to be Buddhist. Which is BS cause that is not Buddhism.

So I was wondering if any of the Enlightened Pit Mongrels have any ideas as to what I can do?

Are there any temples where you live?

Am I crazy?

Should I keep asking questions?

What is your whole opinion on this matter? Is this a good Idea?
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Do whatever you want. However, I really couldn't help you with this one.
Metallicaxp
Floating through time
184 IQ
Quote by LostLegion
You're crazy. It's probably just a phase.

See that's what I'm thinking. Although the feeling has only ever grown.

Maybe it's the drugs talking

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
You'll grow out of it, homie.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Lord_Doku
ancient bass
1,984 IQ
Quote by Metallicaxp
So I was wondering if any of the Enlightened Pit Mongrels have any ideas as to what I can do?

Are there any temples where you live?

Am I crazy?

Should I keep asking questions?

What is your whole opinion on this matter? Is this a good Idea?

I don't know what you should do. What I do know is that knowledge isn't bound to it's language. You'll find buddhist temples that would accept you even if you don't speak Tibetan. Hell, that's the whole point of Tibetan buddhism: spiritual enlightenment, unbound by the bodies limitations.

Yes actually, there's a buddhist temple about a 10 minute bike ride away from where I live.

Not if nobody criticises your vigor.

There are never enough questions. The answer is the limit, but then the question is whether the answer is correct.

The only one that can judge your path is you. Nobody matters until your path crosses theirs. So until then, do that what you feel would be best for yourself, without hurting others ofcourse, and whenever you reach a dilemma, don't worry, 'cause the road will not run from it's destination.
Metallicaxp
Floating through time
184 IQ
Quote by Lord_Doku
I don't know what you should do. What I do know is that knowledge isn't bound to it's language. You'll find buddhist temples that would accept you even if you don't speak Tibetan. Hell, that's the whole point of Tibetan buddhism: spiritual enlightenment, unbound by the bodies limitations.

Yes actually, there's a buddhist temple about a 10 minute bike ride away from where I live.

Not if nobody criticises your vigor.

There are never enough questions. The answer is the limit, but then the question is whether the answer is correct.

The only one that can judge your path is you. Nobody matters until your path crosses theirs. So until then, do that what you feel would be best for yourself, without hurting others ofcourse, and whenever you reach a dilemma, don't worry, 'cause the road will not run from it's destination.

Thanks, that helped alleviate a few tensions within me.

There are temples here in Canada. Maybe I should just take a look into it. See what the life holds.

I have a path. I just need to put my feet onto it.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
On second thought, lets leave this thread. Tis a silly place.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Pitwulf
194 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
On second thought, lets leave this thread. Tis a silly place.

Right! Stop! Stop right there! This is getting silly.
J-Dawg158
UG's Resident Dhampyr
154 IQ
Go out into the nearest woods and find a cave. Live in it for a week as a test run to see how you like living as a primative man.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Metallicaxp
Floating through time
184 IQ
Not doing drugs is part of the plane. Today is day 1 of being drug free.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Harvey Swick
Naive American
1,260 IQ
where is CodeMonk when you need him?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Krieger91
I Sold The World
4,002 IQ
Take off to Alaska with a guitar and sing Eddie Vedder songs.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
joestrat5000
UG's Dragonborn
497 IQ
Maybe you could try to find a commune or something. There are places out there where people just live off the land without much if any technology. I've googled that a lot and there are quite a few in the states, and there are bound to be some up in Canada as well.
Please Call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Thrill-house
150 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Maybe you should stop doing drugs...

Maybe he needs more drugs?
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
back in highschool my teachers would try to make me do shit and i'd say no, doing shit is for chumps and they always said "well why don't you just become a monk or something?" all snarky.

and to think that that wasn't even an option!