Page 1 of 2
Hey UG,
Just joined a new rock band, and we're going to be playing some pretty high end gigs and clubs. Problem is, I don't really have clothing for rock. I went on line for some good rock clothing, and it was all pretty expensive. Do you know any shops, online or that can be found in malls in the Midwest US, that sell clothes that aren't over 50 bucks for a shirt? Im not going for anything crazy either, just jeans and a cool looking tshirt or long sleeve button down shirt that's supposed to stay open. Also, I dont know what type of shoes to wear. Thanks
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Shecter Hellraiser Crimson Burst
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Just dress like a normal guy.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
band t-shirt and jeans, and on the shoes you have options like if your older some dressy shoes look okay with jeans and you could get converse? just be you who gives a shit what you look like.
press ctrl + w
other than the fact that you shouldnt care what you wear, the clothing you described is so generic, i dont know how you have not thought to just go to any clothing store that will most likely have jeans and a button down shirt
Quote by metal4eva_22
Just wear normal clothes, you poser.

+∞
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Ok, If i would wear my normal clothes, Id be wearing aeropostale clothes or something like that on stage. I dont think thats a good idea. Im just asking for a shop that sells clothing that would sell something that I could wear on stage, like band tshirts. Also, I dont think Nikes work onstage either. And If i dressed like a normal guy, I probably wouldn't fit in with the music crowd there. I just want something that will look good. Thats not being a poser, it is making sure you have a good image, which is important if you want to get anywhere
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
You just basically said you want clothes to help you fit in. That's being a poseur. If they're not the clothes you usually wear and you're just getting them to fit in then there you go.

Quote by livingston96
Ok, If i would wear my normal clothes, Id be wearing aeropostale clothes or something like that on stage. I dont think thats a good idea. Im just asking for a shop that sells clothing that would sell something that I could wear on stage, like band tshirts. Also, I dont think Nikes work onstage either. And If i dressed like a normal guy, I probably wouldn't fit in with the music crowd there. I just want something that will look good. Thats not being a poser, it is making sure you have a good image, which is important if you want to get anywhere

yes it is.
So anybody that wants their image to not look bad is a poser? that means that anybody that wears any sort of fashionable clothing is a poser...
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
No, maybe they like that fashion, you've just said you want the clothes to fit in.

what the **** is going on here?

nobody can tell what store you bought your clothes from and even less people care. just make sure your guitar is in tune kid.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
so any act that wears any sort of clothing that isn't their average style on stage so they can act the part is a poser?
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Quote by livingston96
so any act that wears any sort of clothing that isn't their average style on stage so they can act the part is a poser?

yes. unless its a gimmick.
Quote by livingston96

Yes, that's exactly what we're saying. If they wear different clothes on stage just to "look the part" then they're posers.

Quote by livingston96

And he's got it! 10 points
Pretty much any band has done that at some point. You cant just call all bands posers. Do you think Roth sat around his house in leather pants? Or Alice cooper with stage make up? Cuz by your standards, Alice cooper is a poser.
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Quote by livingston96
Pretty much any band has done that at some point. You cant just call all bands posers. Do you think Roth sat around his house in leather pants? Or Alice cooper with stage make up? Cuz by your standards, Alice cooper is a poser.

see
Quote by Unourrit01
yes. unless its a gimmick.

It's not a hard concept to grasp.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by livingston96
Alice cooper is a poser.

Finally, we're getting somewhere.

Quote by livingston96

those are gimmicks. All of the bands/Producers that I listen to now, all wear what they normally wear in public at any time, at all of their sets.
Quote by livingston96

Uh, yes I can.

I'm the chief inspector.
Screw normal clothes grab some spandex!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Just a sock on you're.... Nodding to RHCP of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Quote by Trowzaa
+∞

+(∞+1)

Seriously, people who dress up usually end up looking like posers because they don't seem like they feel natural in their clothes. To compensate for feeling like a fish out of water, they try to swagger or otherwise look cool. The end result is that they look like a douchebag.
As has been mentioned already TS, wear your normal clothes. If you want your audience to like you, play a decent set don't try dressing like them to fit in; although if you're going to wear a band T-shirt to impress your fans make sure you actually like the band.

Dressing like a rockstar doesn't make you one.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Quote by Dory77

Dressing like a rockstar doesn't make you one.

I know that's not what makes you a rockstar, but its part of the act. Ive already learned 9 songs in the last 2 days, so ive been putting a lot of hard work in too. I just want to make sure I can do the whole package, and image is part of it
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
i think your time would be better spent practicing. i'm sure you can already play the songs, but i'm also sure you can make them better.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by livingston96
I know that's not what makes you a rockstar, but its part of the act. Ive already learned 9 songs in the last 2 days, so ive been putting a lot of hard work in too. I just want to make sure I can do the whole package, and image is part of it

Is everyone in your band projecting a similar image? In other words, are all of you trying to "dress up" in nice button-down shirts or nice band t-shirts with nice jeans and fancy shoes, etc.? Because if you're all not using a common theme like that, then there is absolutely no reason for you to dress like that. Unless, of course, you normally dressed like that; but since you're looking for clothing stores and advice on this stuff, I highly doubt that it's your normal style of dress.
Find out what your band wears to gigs so you can wear something similar if they dress like "rockstars" then you should dress accordingly if they dress in cheap foam parading arround as space alien time to get some foam. You don't want to dress as Billy the douchebag LA rock star if every one in the band shows up in street clothes.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Yeah my band dresses up like rockers. One of them wears rock boots, which I really don't want to do. But theyre talented, they write good songs, and theyve been nice so far, so I want to be in a band with them. Thats why Im asking for place that can get me clothes that fit this description but aren't to crazy or expensive
Gear:

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line6 Spider IV
Dunlop CryBaby Original:
Quote by livingston96
Yeah my band dresses up like rockers. One of them wears rock boots, which I really don't want to do. But theyre talented, they write good songs, and theyve been nice so far, so I want to be in a band with them. Thats why Im asking for place that can get me clothes that fit this description but aren't to crazy or expensive

tbh, that's a vague description, so we couldn't help if we wanted to. just bring it up to your band mates

remember.... don't go overboard
Quote by livingston96

You should have said this from the beginning. Now you don't sound like a jerk. Anyway, try going to Walmart. Or Kohl's. Or whatever the low-price Clothing/Department store in your area is.
Page 1 of 2