Saminator
Geek
309 IQ
Hey guys, I've got PRS tuned to dropped B. Right now, the strings on it are 12-60, but they aren't really cutting it. I see D'addario have a neat set of strings from 14-68. Would my PRS's 25" scale handle the really heavy strings or would it translate really poorly? Thanks!
Guitars:
Ibanez JS1200
PRS SE EG S/S/H
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535q
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Morley Little Alligator
Boss DD-6
Amp:
Carvin V3m
Carvin 212 cab
reincarnator
220 IQ
I used to use 11-68 on my 7 string and had no problems unless I tuned up. Even then, it was still playable a step up. You should be fine.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
mmolteratx
UG God
3,786 IQ
You'll be fine, provided you get your nut reslotted and the tuners can fit the lower gauge strings.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
AWACS
I want all of the things
6,888 IQ
I would just try .13's first, it might work. You don't want to do anything too drastic to start.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Ghostmaker
1,081 IQ
I think it should be good, with a proper set up. I just saw a video where the guitarist of Red said he uses a 70 gauge set on his PRS for Drop B.

I had an 11-70 set on my Les Paul. It was a little muddy and the top end was too loose, but the bottom end felt good and tight. I know it's a different scale length, but not by much.