Page 3 of 4
I never said you had to. Just make one for 24.75 scale necks and 25.5 and that'll cover most guitars.

Fair enough on the second point, but what is the harm in extra insurance?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I never said you had to. Just make one for 24.75 scale necks and 25.5 and that'll cover most guitars.

Fair enough on the second point, but what is the harm in extra insurance?

Its not the horizontal part that is off. Its the vertical. Some are higher and lower than others.

You cant just base it off scale. Every fretboard is not the same thickness. So there isnt really a way to make a template unless i make it specific for every fretboard.
The guitar is ruined. Send it to me and I will dispose of it for you.
Let's hope so, eh?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Hot damn! Now that's slick looking. I always love the heels on your builds. Look super comfy to play.
Holy shit that is cool.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
?? How could it possibly split?

With the tension from the strings constantly pulling on it. I'm sure its more than fine. I just never saw joinery like that on a neck. I personally am curious how it will be long term.
Laminated wood is stronger than a solid 1 piece. There is no difference than a normal 2 piece body being joined right at the center. The tension of the strings wont even budge it.
Same way as a multi laminated neck is 3x as strong and stiff as a 1 piece neck. Multi laminate necks are so much more stable and strong. It is the same concept. It will be stronger and last longer than a normal joint would.
Insane build. Looks very wonderfull! The wood is just delicious and the design is neat too. The design and wood are just made for each other it just comes together so well.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
I'm totally digging this build! It's a beautiful design

I was wondering if you could tell me what grain filler and dye/stain you used for it? I'm beginning purchasing items for my first build later this week once I get my paycheck. After seeing this I'm really excited that I had decided to use ash in it. I'll be doing a different color, but I want to make sure that I get the proper stuff. I've been googling and have been getting some mixed answers.
Pretty much anything will work that dries quickly.
I used the stew mac timbermate stuff. Its a little overpriced, but i had a credit so i bought that.

You can actually just use drywall spackling mixed with waterbased dye to get any color of grain filler, and it dries in like 5 minutes.

For dye, i use stew mac colortone and the analyne dyes from LMI.
Awesome! Thank you

Just to make sure I'm understanding, the trans black you did on the body is the same type of dye as well (waterbased/analyne)?
Dude if you built a 7 string version I would buy tue shit out of it!! Looks sick.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Thanks for the information! I always find that I learn something new whenever I read through one of your builds.
Explorer - do you use spackling or joint compound? I just find the spackling to be rather fragile