Kinda got the idea for this from DT's "Breaking all Illusions". First attempt at proggy stuff, so don't be too harsh if it makes your ears bleed
And I kind of have writer's block as to what to put after this, so any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.
This is supposed to be part 2 of a 4 part song about a king who lost his kingdom. Im thinking of a big instrumental section which moves into a softer Porcupine Tree style verse section, but cant quite figure out what to transition this bit into.
Link me to what you want me to hear
Attachments:
Proggy off time.gp5
Not sure the melody/harmony is my kinda thing. Dont mind it, but its just not interesting in that respect. The odd rhythms flow well, but they feel a little OTT. The riff style kind of feels like Jim Matheos from Fates Warning/OSI, which could be interesting if developed further with more interesting melodic content.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
Not sure the melody/harmony is my kinda thing. Dont mind it, but its just not interesting in that respect. The odd rhythms flow well, but they feel a little OTT. The riff style kind of feels like Jim Matheos from Fates Warning/OSI, which could be interesting if developed further with more interesting melodic content.

It was a first attempt, so kinda not surprised you found it a bit odd and what's OTT?

I'll try changing some stuff around, I've never tried writing in odd timings or trying to create progression before, gonna be some time before I get used to it.....

Thanks for taking the time out to listen man
OTT = over the top. There's an awful lot of changes in a short time, and none of them are very consistent.

Idea for a progression:
Attachments:
moarchordideas.gp4
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I thought the time signatures were inconsistent and they were done just to be clever. If they flowed better it would be a nice idea. but for now, I'm out.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by amonamarthmetal
I thought the time signatures were inconsistent and they were done just to be clever. If they flowed better it would be a nice idea. but for now, I'm out.

It was an attempt at making a sort of slightly choppy flow, but guess it didnt work out well

Quote by EpiExplorer
OTT = over the top. There's an awful lot of changes in a short time, and none of them are very consistent.

Idea for a progression:

Thanks gonna mess around with this and see what I can come up with