Page 3 of 7
Nice. What are you planning on getting?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nice. What are you planning on getting?

One of the Schecter Hellraiser models. Not sure which one. Depends how much money I (and them obviously) can spend.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Coolio. Schecters are bomb. I really love the V they make.

What do you like about them? Neck profile or something?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Coolio. Schecters are bomb. I really love the V they make.

What do you like about them? Neck profile or something?

Yea, I think they just make pretty sweet guitars for the price. The neck feels good in my hand and they sound great.

The biggest reason though is probably because they're one of the only brands that make almost all of their guitars left handed. Which is awesome for me.

Most other ones only have a few models available in lefty and they're usually either really crappy guitars or insanely expensive from what I've seen.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Yea, I think they just make pretty sweet guitars for the price. The neck feels good in my hand and they sound great.

The biggest reason though is probably because they're one of the only brands that make almost all of their guitars left handed. Which is awesome for me.

Most other ones only have a few models available in lefty and they're usually either really crappy guitars or insanely expensive from what I've seen.

Oh, the perils of left handed guitarists

The only lefties I see up here are either SGs or strats.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Oh, the perils of left handed guitarists

The only lefties I see up here are either SGs or strats.

Yea exactly

I go to guitar center and they have this "lefties corner," or whatever it's called, and it's like two cheap acoustics and a $3000 Gibson.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Yeah. Hendrix style is pretty badass. I wouldn't mind buying a lefty Nuno and rocking a reverse headstock.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I think I've learned the first two solos in Hangar 18. Actually feeling pretty happy since this is the first 'advanced' song I've learned. Bit surprised at myself because I've never exactly considered myself an advanced guitarist.

Fucker has at least 15 solos though.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Dec 6, 2012,
Quote by King Donkey
I think I've learned the first two solos in Hangar 18. Actually feeling pretty happy since this is the first 'advanced' song I've learned. Bit surprised at myself because I've never exactly considered myself an advanced guitarist.

Fucker has at least 15 solos though.

I'm actually thinking of doing an Avenged Sevenfold song next month. It's surprising how standard some of their solos are.
For some reason their solos really trip me up

They are always going good and then he throws in some a stupid measure or two where he rips off some 16th note triplets at 140BPM and I want to throw my guitar through a wall.

And I hate his sweep patterns.

I can't do those sweeps where you have to kinda roll on one fret. Like there will three notes in a row on say the 15th fret. Yea, can't do that shit for some reason.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 6, 2012,
I know, it's just frustrating...

I'm sure you know.
___

Quote by The_Blode
OP updated
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
https://soundcloud.com/grungie/burndt-jamb

Got my Easy Guitar and Bass entree done.

Hurray overdubbing.

Sweet. I'll add it to the OP when I'm on my desktop.

Quote by TokaiEX
I'd also like to enter easy bass; The Fashion - Like knives

Added.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I'd throw in Power by marcus miller for bass, dont know if that counts as advanced or intermediate.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think i'll get in on this one. Is it fine if i program (aka snatch from guitar pro...) the bass and drum tracks and put them in my mix as well?
Im doing guitar for Epic Fail by Bulb, btw. I have no idea what the difficulty level would be... So if one of you guys would like to decide that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de3hLx9VFiI
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Alright cool, sign me up
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
OP Updated.

10 DAYS LEFT GUYS. OMG
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 10, 2012,
Yea, I won't have mine. :/

I started practicing it last week but ended up just playing a bunch of simple Christmas songs.
___

Quote by The_Blode
God damn coursework and exams has stopped me from doing this :'( Hopefully will get it done though
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I'll get my other entree by the end of the week. I'm still waiting for a response from my bass collab buddy.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I'm starting mine today.

I really shouldn't have picked a Michael Schenker song. I doubt I'll be able to play this properly...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Recorded the rhythm for "Everfields". Almost dropped my pick quite a few times. Now on to the leads!
E: Wow. That was... something. Okay, I'm reviewing the video; if it doesn't have too many mistakes, it'll be up later tonight.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Dec 10, 2012,
Thinking about getting in on this little shindig. Shame my recording set up is like 4 year old Rock Band mic and Audacity . I'll probably do Red Mosquito by Pearl Jam on the guitar (maybe throw in the bass too). I would guess that would be under Intermediate because of the lead work? As whole, it doesn't sound like a particularly hard song. Even the lead work is pretty simple.

EDIT: If you saw previous edit, ignore it. I forgot The Patient was a lot of playing the same thing over and over again.
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Dec 10, 2012,
Quote by soundgarden1986
Thinking about getting in on this little shindig. Shame my recording set up is like 4 year old Rock Band mic and Audacity . I'll probably do Red Mosquito by Pearl Jam on the guitar (maybe throw in the bass too). I would guess that would be under Intermediate because of the lead work? As whole, it doesn't sound like a particularly hard song. Even the lead work is pretty simple.

EDIT: If you saw previous edit, ignore it. I forgot The Patient was a lot of playing the same thing over and over again.

Are you doing the slide part and the solos? If not, I'd say its more on the easy side.

Quote by Cavalcade
The first cover of "Everfields" by Omnium Gatherum on YouTube. I'm debating whether to re-record this; wat u think????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPHcUJq0OU

I think it sounds awesome man. Why would you need to re-record it?

Quote by WCPhils
Yea, I won't have mine. :/

I started practicing it last week but ended up just playing a bunch of simple Christmas songs.

You can submit a christmas song instead. We already have jingle bells

Oh good, still over a week to practice. These OmniGather solos have the fuckedest tapping patterns I've ever seen.

I wish I could say I feel your pain but I'm struggling with a simple UFO tune FFS
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 11, 2012,
Quote by soundgarden1986
I am doing the slide part and the solos. Just without a slide as I dont have one, and couldn't be bothered to buy one for just for this

Do you not have glass bottles or a socket wrench?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Do you not have glass bottles or a socket wrench?

Honestly, that thought didn't even occur to me even though I've done it loads of times.

I was editing some of the lead work in the song because the playing itself wasn't sloppy, but combined with the shitty audio of the previous guitar/drum track it sounded garbled and gross. Naturally, Audacity crashed . Of course, I didn't save because "nothing ever crashes on my computer". I should still be able to get the submission in on time though.
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Dec 11, 2012,
On the first day of UGmas my true love gave to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Uh, I don't know actually. 9 days left though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Hmm ok, why not.

I'm gonna try my best to get Poison Was The Cure by Megadeth down. Solo included. Not sure why I haven't tried already. Sign me up OP

EDIT: forgot to put the band name in lewl
</post>
Last edited by Karz1993 at Dec 12, 2012,