Stranglehold
6,080 IQ
Hows everyone's plans looking for Summer fests next year? So far Graspop has Maiden, Absu, Aura Noir and King Diamond...I'd gladly get fucking scuttered drunk through the rest of the shite acts and just stay alive for those 4.

Bloodstock - again, would only stay for King Diamond so far.

Hellfest... meh. Not looking amazing, and the organisation last year was meant to be complete piss.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
None so far really... tempted maybe by Download. I find the lineup at Bloodstock is always either too predictable or too tr00 for me so it's never appealed.

I might be tempted by Hevy Fest if the line up is as good (and un-metal) as this year.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Stranglehold
6,080 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
None so far really... tempted maybe by Download. I find the lineup at Bloodstock is always either too predictable or too tr00 for me so it's never appealed.

I might be tempted by Hevy Fest if the line up is as good (and un-metal) as this year.

Bloodstock....too true?? There were kids and families walking around happy as larry when I was there.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Tr00 as in lots of Death Metal bands I've never heard of making up the middle/lower tier of bands.

Normally the little ones that only ever play pub sized venues.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Nietsche
Registered Hoover
386 IQ
I'm in the same boat pretty much. Man if I was 16 I would probably kill or die just for the download line up but now... Having better taste in metal is really depressing.
Stranglehold
6,080 IQ
Can you please stop typing numbers with letters? It's not 2006.

So if you were a band starting out, and you got the chance to play Bloodstock, you wouldn't? Also, most touring bands that don't live off sales play 'pub sized venues'.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It's just not something I'd go to as a punter. It's the mid to low bands that make a festival for me and if I only know like one of them I'm less likely to wanna go.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
SeveredSurvival
Worship the riff
1,772 IQ
I really want to make it out to Maryland Deathfest.

I'll probably end up going to This Is Hardcore and United Blood. Not metal festivals but its always a good time!
I drink your milkshake.
eazy-c
Angus McHighlands
559 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
Tr00 as in lots of Death Metal bands I've never heard of making up the middle/lower tier of bands.

Normally the little ones that only ever play pub sized venues.

From what I can remember of the middle/low-tier bands in the years I've went; Suffocation, Napalm Death, 1349, Triptykon, Kreator, Primordial, Coroner, Gojira, Gorogoroth...

If you don't know any of them you probably shouldn't be going to a metal festival full stop.

That being said, this year's lineup is fucking awful so far.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
AnnihiSlateR
Hammerheart
2,478 IQ
Bloodstock is owt but true. Sure thres a lot of obscure undercard bands, but more often than not they're obscure for a reason if you catch my drift.

I usualy ask for an early bird bloodstock ticket for christmas...not this year. As much as its nice seing friends and camping, its a hell of a lot of money for something we could organise ourselves at a fraction of the cost.
flaphead325
Sr Bartolomew Shredman IV
1,214 IQ
Quote by Stranglehold
Hellfest... meh. Not looking amazing, and the organisation last year was meant to be complete piss.

Next Hellfest's bill seems really good, kiss, testament, the sword, truckfighters... Seems good to me.

Apparently last year the worst of it was the pee smell in the air
Last edited by flaphead325 at Dec 1, 2012,
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by eazy-c
From what I can remember of the middle/low-tier bands in the years I've went; Suffocation, Napalm Death, 1349, Triptykon, Kreator, Primordial, Coroner, Gojira, Gorogoroth...

If you don't know any of them you probably shouldn't be going to a metal festival full stop.

That being said, this year's lineup is fucking awful so far.

Know all of them apart from Coroner.

And actively listen to about four of them. I only considered going this year for the first time and it looked a tad blegh.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
duncang
Popular British sitcom
4,352 IQ
Hellfest organisation was fine last year far as I could tell. First announcement is pretty duff but it was the same last year so I'm not fussed
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
zzzHillzzz
88 IQ
Graspop the only definite for me so far, this year's was mad craic
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys
871 IQ
Heavy TO will probably be shit again, save a few bands.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
we_built_a_tree
Dead as a doornail
255 IQ
Quote by flaphead325
pee smell
Heavy Metal, 70's style.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
jonathan.keeler
1,888 IQ
Anyone got any interest in the UK tech metal fest?
LeakyFlask
You know what would be really sweet? Having a beautiful bird inlaid around the first fret, taking a majestic dump with airborne droppings around the 5th, 7th, 9th frets and so on, with a graceful impact around the 22nd-24th.