Page 2 of 3
tac vom its called here in Aus ( or atleast where i live) stands for tactical vomit if you didnt know. makes room for more grog, yes were a sorry lot dont even care. but if you dont wanna vomit once you get to that stage stop drinking try to eat some food as it absorbes alcohol and you might get through it.
Quote by ginger ninja102
tac vom its called here in Aus ( or atleast where i live) stands for tactical vomit if you didnt know.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Puking regularly for years and years on end (bulimic level) will wear all of your enamel off of your teeth, srs. Stomach acid is very acidic.

It's best to avoid puking, but besides breathing through my nose and trying not to think about it, it is inevitable every once in a while for me.
Tactical whitey.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by ticktockboom
Contrary to popular belief puking does not make you less drunk.
It removes alcohol from your stomach that hasn't yet been absorbed so you stop getting more drunk, but after you throw up you should be approximately as drunk as you were before.

+1
Was out drinking a few months back and one of the cute bartenders decided to have a shot with me and my bud, before she left. A lemon drop shot.

We all did a shot but she puked hers back up into her mouth. I felt so bad for her and didn't want to embarrass her any more, she was obviously trying not to let us see it, but you could tell that her cheeks were all puffed out and her heaving shoulders, as she gagged.

There was really no correct answer as to whether she should have tried to swallow the vomit down or shoot it out over the bar. She finally swallowed it which is probably worse.

That's the worst, when that happens.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Dec 2, 2012,
Puking is OK... but if you try to score a chick and still wanna get drunk, Dont get TOO wasted lol. chicks hate pukers man...
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by mystical_1
Was out drinking a few months back and one of the cute bartenders decided to have a shot with me and my bud, before she left. A lemon drop shot.

We all did a shot but she puked hers back up into her mouth. I felt so bad for her and didn't want to embarrass her any more, she was obviously trying not to let us see it, but you could tell that her cheeks were all puffed out and her heaving shoulders, as she gagged.

There was really no correct answer as to whether she should have tried to swallow the vomit down or shoot it out over the bar. She finally swallowed it which is probably worse.

That's the worst, when that happens.

I think I vomited a bit in my mouth when I read that.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I think I vomited a bit in my mouth when I read that.

Did you swallow it?
Tactical puke has helped me in the past and it'll help you too.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
limes/lemons are pretty good for stopping the gag reflex. I throw up pretty much every night out....
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Puking is a part of drinking, mind you. Some people would even consider it a sport!
If you can get past the "ew I am puking, gross!" phase, you'll find it'll do you a world of good once you've gone too far.
Block the opening to your mouth by jamming your hand to the back of your throat.
Puking will make you feel better. There is a reason your body wants you to vomit. Just go with it.
no one really answered the original question of whether drinking water helps or makes it worse.
Quote by fc89konkari
no one really answered the original question of whether drinking water helps or makes it worse.

Worse.

Why would your body want more liquid in there?
i am emetophobic. i read this whole thread and now i really regret it. i never learn.
Quote by whoomit
Worse.

to weaken the liquids down
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I've done that a few times, I once threw up on my mate's pet tortoise, looked down and said "Woah... I definately don't remember eating that!"

I laughed. Loud.

Also, the easiest way to avoid puking is to just not drink as much, and shots tend to bring it up faster.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
just puke

puking drunk isnt too bad
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Excusing one's self (if the circumstance permits) and letting it out is, for me, much easier than trying to avoid it. I'd rather just get it over with and carry on with my night—take a breather, hydrate, and get back in the game.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
can't really give too much advice on not puking, considering when i drink i usually puke anyway because i end up going way overboard. but if i'm drunk and get sick once i start trying to go to bed or pass out, i've found that sleeping while sitting up helps me with not getting crazy spins.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 2, 2012,
Quote by fc89konkari
Serious question is serious. Under the influence of alcohol, at the point where you start feeling ill, I though drinking water would water your stomach down, making it less likely to puke. My friend, however, claimed the opposite. Drinking water would only make it worse.

Who's right, and any tips on not puking?

None of you two are really right. You start puking because your brain notices the amount of toxins in your blood are getting too high, and sends a signal to puke. Ingesting water won't change the amount of toxins in your blood. It might help for preventing a hangover, as it enlightens the effects the alcohol has on your stomach, which makes you feel sick next day. But when drinking, water won't do much for preventing throwing up at the party.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
i just puke. its a one time, quicky thing that isnt too bad and 5 seconds later youll feel much better. i dont puke often tho.

and really i tend not to get that drunk. its much better to have a bit of a smoke before and then take your alcohol slow. drink like a man and enjoy the taste and experience, shit isnt a race boys its a marathon.
Why wouldn't you want to puke? If you drank so much that your body wants to puke, it means that you had too much and that you're basically poisoning yourself if you don't let it out.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Just puke it out.

If you don't want to puke don't drink so much.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by whoomit
Worse.

Because pure water has a pH of 7 and neutralises that acid. Or base. Whatever.

schooled

Oh and inb4 someone who knows more tells me I'm wrong.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Dec 3, 2012,
Water doesn't seem to help when you are about to puke although afterwards it helps you rehydrate/get the taste out of your mouth. As others have said, just puke if you have to. You can try and hold it in if you want, and should probably try to, but if you still want to vomit after trying to hold it in for 5-10 minutes, just munt it up.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
puking is a good thing.

but if you're in a situation where you absolutely CAN NOT puke, (such as on a crowded subway car) hold you mouth shut with your hand as tight as possible, let the puke come, then swallow the puke.

it sounds way grosser than it actually is, and is better than getting arrested for public intoxication/ underage drinking.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Stuff with ginger in it will stop nausea; however, it is better to just let it out...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
In my opinion, the best thing you do is just barf. The only time I've thrown up from drinking was when I was really crossfaded. That shit is not fun. I threw up, and then drank some water thinking that would help and then I threw up even more.

Also, laying down or sitting when you're really drunk, crossfaded or whatever makes you feel shittier. You'll get the spins and vertigo which will just make you more likely to throw up. So, if you don't wanna throw up, party hard, and then stop drinking and keep partying hard and then when you're not very drunk anymore go to bed. However, I don't even live up to these words, so don't listen to me.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Puking helps you not to poison yourself, so i'd recommend doing it.

Or even not drink until you can handle it.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet

Or even not drink until you can handle it.

That's kinda counterproductive