irishmatt1992
UG Addict
4,786 IQ
As it says, looking into doing live backtracking with my band. I will be using Logic through my MacBook Pro and only my drummer needs to hear the backtracks and the click track. I am guessing I need some type of interface that has two channels? One with the backtracks/click for my drummer and the other with the backtracks only for the audience to hear? If so, any recommendations? How would I set this up to work in Logic? Thanks!
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,540 IQ
I assume you mean backing track? What you need is an audio interface. That way, you can set up the metronome track and backing track to the mixing desk and let them sort out where it's going to go.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
LazyLatinoRocke
UG Freak
517 IQ
I use Logic very much. It should automatically read the audio interface. Usually 2 channels interface come with ONE output to listen from. If all you have is an audio interface with one output, what you could do is buy a cheap headphone amp which can allow a few more people to listen to the same thing.

My main concern is how you're going to record drums through two channels.

PS: I think this should be in the recording section.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

irishmatt1992
UG Addict
4,786 IQ
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I use Logic very much. It should automatically read the audio interface. Usually 2 channels interface come with ONE output to listen from. If all you have is an audio interface with one output, what you could do is buy a cheap headphone amp which can allow a few more people to listen to the same thing.

My main concern is how you're going to record drums through two channels.

PS:I think this should be in the recording section.

Um I am not recording anything, this is for live performances
irishmatt1992
UG Addict
4,786 IQ
Quote by eddiehimself
I assume you mean backing track? What you need is an audio interface. That way, you can set up the metronome track and backing track to the mixing desk and let them sort out where it's going to go.

recommendation for an audio interface?
travs2448
1,002 IQ
we do the same thing in my band with all the same equipment, except we dont use an interface. basically from what i understand my drummer bounces down a stereo mix of all our songs back tracks. one side has back tracks mixed with a click track, the other just the back tracks. we just output from the laptop via a di box and a spliter. from there one side goes to his ear phones and the other side goes to the pa. hope that helps
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick
1,422 IQ
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 is actually pretty much exactly what you're looking for. It has 4 outputs so you can run your backing tracks out in Stereo to your audience (to give them a nice full sound) & run the other 2 outputs on them to your drummer.

As far as how to set that up in Logic, setup your backing tracks on one track & have it bus out inputs 1-2 & 3-4 with separate volume faders (so the drummer can control his mix of it) and have the click track on another fader set to go through output 3-4 only so only the drummer hears it.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
irishmatt1992
UG Addict
4,786 IQ
Quote by lockwolf
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 is actually pretty much exactly what you're looking for. It has 4 outputs so you can run your backing tracks out in Stereo to your audience (to give them a nice full sound) & run the other 2 outputs on them to your drummer.

As far as how to set that up in Logic, setup your backing tracks on one track & have it bus out inputs 1-2 & 3-4 with separate volume faders (so the drummer can control his mix of it) and have the click track on another fader set to go through output 3-4 only so only the drummer hears it.

This guy?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/focusrite-scarlett-2i4-usb-audio-interface

So you would run the computer through USB to the interface. Headphones for my drummer through line outputs 1 and 2. House gets 3 and 4. Correct?
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick
1,422 IQ
Thats exactly how you'd do it.
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick
1,422 IQ
Yeah, the Saffire 6 is just the older Scarlett 2i4